A CIVIL WAR CANNON BALL???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Or a Ball out of a Ball Mill?

On a related note, sorta, just out of the Navy in 78 and not in school yet, I worked for the F.R.A on a contract gig testing a then new electric locomotive.

One of the techs was named 'iron ball McGee'. Because he could FUKKKK up an iron ball.

That looks exactly like a ball from a ball mill. :rolleyes:

I know because we ran one thru a crusher and damn near killed some people.

It might be Civil War, 6.1 pound is right for a 6 pounder. But it would be a little less than than the 3.67 inch bore diameter.

Local University decided to do a test with three steel balls. They chose three people to test, a math professor, a physics professor and a plumber. Each person was put in a room with a table and three steel balls and told to do something with them.

The math professor placed his on the center of the table to make a triangle.
The physics professor placed his on top of each other in the center of the table.
The plumber had lost one, broke one and the third one in his dinner bucket.

Hey Homer?

WVHUNTER has got his Job Titles F'D Up!

I Think this was what He was Trying to Mock:

The Board of Trustees of a nearby University, decides to test the Professors, to see if they really know their stuff.

First they take a Math Prof. and put him in a room. Now, the room contains a table and three metal spheres about the size of softballs. They tell him to do whatever he want with the balls and the table in one hour. After an hour, he comes out and the Trustees look in and the balls are arranged in a triangle at the center of the table.

Next, they give the same test to a Physics Prof. After an hour, they look in, and the balls are stacked one on top of the other in the center of the table.

Finally, they give the test to an Engineering Prof. After an hour, they look in and one of the balls is broken, one is missing, and he's carrying the third out in his lunchbox.

Engineers should have to do a 2 year apprenticeship in the maintenance field before they can design anything!

They’d have a much better appreciation for what we have to put up with when they’re done designing and screwing up a mechanics life!

I confess.....I was sorta an engineer. Butt, my favorite tool is a cutting torch and I have ruined a crowbar.

I hate engineers too, until we have an earthquake here in California and my house is still standing. Buy that man a beer.:)

cause you were to cheap to call a real plumber and did it yourself ;-)
lol...Not true. I had a plumber replace a bathroom sink about a year ago. It started leaking the next day and I called him and he kept putting me off for weeks. He finally came out and it worked for a few days. I tried fixing it myself and finally gave up and bought a bucket.

Elkassassin, you may be correct. Maybe it was an Engineering professor instead of a plumber. Or it could have been a sawmill worker. I don't remember.
Homer, I don't think it was a farmer, he would have planted them to see if he could get them to grow.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom