a few dogs

I need that kind of luck this weekend for the predator contest here in NM . Wow , thats a great pic , is that a couple days calling ? Yeah , go ahead , fill us in , throw us a bone on some of your tactics....NM

I'd say the "rest of the story" involves a fixed wing or helicopter, or a deep freeze.

So that is where Stan got that pile of dogs to skin.......I recognize the house and yard. Cameron, them's the Wellsberg mountains in the background.....some of my turf!

LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-06 AT 10:28AM (MST)[p]I have a Labrador that likes to roll. My wife taught both of my dogs to roll over for treats. One of the dogs will keep rolling until he get his treat or you pet him. The rest was simple. You just tell the dog to roll over and then blow on the wounded rabbit call. After a day or two the dog will roll over and over when the call is blown. A few years back I ran retriever hunt tests with both of my dogs so they are trained to run blind retrieves, Now you give the dog a line send him out 50 yards. Just like a blind retrieve then you blow the call. And the dog starts to roll. If you can get a good drainage you send the dog out about 75 yards and blow the call and he starts to roll, then mister and miss coyote see a wounded animal and hear the call. Nothing like dangling a half dead meal in front of wild dogs. One last thing don't use a slow fat dog. If you have a coyote sneak in the dog needs to be able to fight or run.

I've seen that some time ago on a huntin show and it worked really well. good tactics for them yotes!

BAHHHHHHAAA HAAAAAAAA
Using your dog as bait!!! That's awesome, I'd be worried I might shoot my own dog, then I'd be pissed.

RockyMtnOyster

That's great. Definately would want a dog that could run or fight. It sure works though.

That's a great story, it nice to see that many good coyotes, What do ya use for shooting. Great picture.

Looks like you saved over 500 Fawns this coming year. Now come up to Wyoming with them fancy trained dogs. I need help exterminating that many up here. Congrats and keep it up!!

That's cool! How many days of calling did it take to get a pile of yote's like that.

beavis.gif

Boy... I'd like to try that with some of the nieghborhood cats running around spraying my truck tires. That would work great but I'd need a rope and a stake to tie it to!!!

Donnie

So you live in ol CRACHE VALLEY like I do :) Do you have any teenagers that go to MT Crest?

My wife has a Yorkie, about 4 pounds, maybe i'll ask her if i can borrow him for a while.

}}-SLIVER-->

Littlebuck, First, congratulations on a little ingenuity. Ya gotta love it. Now here's another idea. How about using an Airdale or hound to do your rolling around? Then you wouldn't even need a gun. Just let that coyote come on in so the dog gets a wiff or quick look at him, then the race is on! Talk about exciting.

My wife has a Yorkie, about 4 pounds, maybe i'll ask her if i can borrow him for a while.

}}-SLIVER-->
Do not offend a small animal that needs your protection. I have Cavapoo Puppies and this little miracle is just sitting in my arms. When I first saw him at Cavapoo Puppies for Sale OH , I fell in love irrevocably and therefore now we are inseparable.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom