a good story

C

Coach Hunt

Howdy folks,

My Dad sent this story to me via e-mail. I've changed the names to protect the "innocent" so to speak. Hope you enjoy it!

Deer Hunting Lady

"Paige, as you know, Nancy and I went to Dallas to a family reunion over the weekend. She asked me to rewrite a letter I sent to Harry. He was in the Medical Center Hospital, in Denver. This was a few years ago. I am not sure I can even remember it exactly. But, I shall try to write it. If you would get her a copy, I would appreciate it.

I was working at Dry Mfg. in Bucksburg. Madge Thacker told me this story. She said it was told her as the truth. I thought a little humor might give Burl a pick me up.

This woman, who remained nameless, but lived to the east of Bucksburg, was a real hunting enthusiast. She knew there was big trophy buck around there. She had scouted and found the place where she thought she would have the best chance of seeing him.

So, early one morning she went to this special tree she had found and climbed up it. She made herself as comfortable as possible, when sitting in a tree. She hadn't been sitting there very long when she heard a pickup coming down the road near her. She was surprised when it pulled to a stop.

A man got out and took his deer rifle in his hands and climbed over the fence. He started directly toward the tree where she was sitting. She thought to herself, "Now, wait just a minute. I was here first. You had better just find another tree."

As soon as he got under the tree, he leaned his rifle against the tree. He immediately dropped his pants and answered natures call. The lady in the tree looked down at him. Then, she looked away to where she expected to see her trophy deer. Sure enough, she could see those trophy antlers. She looked at the deer, then back at the man. She thought to herself, "Do I dare to shoot, or do I not shoot?" She looked back at the deer. Everything looked perfect. She could stand it no longer. She shot.

Suddenly there was a terrible noise below her. She looked for the man. He was in a dead run towards his pickup. He did managed to get his pants up before he went over that fence again. He got in his pickup and left there.

And, that is how the woman from Winters bagged a trophy deer and a deer rifle with one shot.

I thought this was such a funny story, it would have gone around town and back several times. I would have thought I would have heard it several times. But, this was the only time I heard it. So, maybe it was just a tale after all.

Life goes on."

Coach

Didja ever get that rifle back though?

Mike
at235.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom