A lesson for everyone

DeerMadness

Long Time Member
Sad deal for a whole family plus their pet. I have taught all the Red Cross classes and this situation will take you down and if not you may never be the same.

Heat exhaustion and heat stroke are a big deal. Heat stroke was (and maybe still is) a reason for denial of entry into some special programs within the Navy.

That's sad. I guess the pathologisit knows his stuff, but it sures seems strange that everyone AND the dog would die in the same place together like that. :(

el torro doo-doo.

I know heat stroke kills people. I know it kills dogs. It doesn't kill them all in a nice neat little pile.

There is the possibility that the adults went down first from the heat, and the dog laid down with them and refused to leave their side until it died also. There is previous cases of a loyal dog refusing to leave the side of it's dead owner.
RELH

i live right up river from the location the family passed. local speculation was rampant, especially about the algae( which closed the blm and river access a few weeks later). the trail faces south and though “only 2-3 miles” the heat is brutal. i bow hunt in this canyon and regularly down a gallon of water for a couple hour hunt. as a new father it broke my heart. rest in peace.

Yes, it’s tragic. I especially feel for the 1 year old and dog. But Darwins fingerprints are all over this one.

And now our hunter safety classes will be full of actors and wannabes.

Last edited:
There is more to this story then they are saying. No way they all dropped dead and the dog too at the same time in the same place. I have guys pouring concrete all day in heat like that. No way.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom