A Letter From A Dumb G.I.

G

GGGOGGS

SENATOR JOHN KERRY
304 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON DC 20510

DEAR SENATOR KERRY:

WE ARE STILL LAUGHING OVER HERE IN IRAQ AT YOUR JOKE ABOUT THE TROOPS BEING DUMB. WE DO RECOGNIZE THAT YOU ARE A LOT SMARTER THAN WE ARE BECAUSE YOU WERE ABLE TO GET OUT OF COMBAT IN THREE MONTHS. THIS IS WHY WE ARE SEEKING YOUR ADVICE. PLEASE GIVE US GUIDANCE.

1.) WHERE IS THE LEAST PAINFUL AREA ON THE BODY TO INFLICT A WOUND?
2.) DOES IT HAVE TO BLEED OR WILL A SCRATCH DO?
3.) WHERE DO YOU GET THE FORMS TO FILL OUT RECOMMENDING YOURSELF FOR A PURPLE HEART?
4.) DO YOU NEED A WITNESS? IF SO, HOW MUCH DOES THAT COST?
5.) ARE THREE PURPLE HEARTS STILL GOOD FOR A TRIP HOME?
6.) WHAT IS A REALISTIC PERIOD OF TIME IN WHICH TO ACQUIRE THESE WOUNDS? LESS THAN THREE MONTHS SOUNDS A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS EVEN TO US.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND KEEP THE JOKES COMING.

JUST A DUMB G.I.

You're right that letter does sound like it was writen by someone dumb. if you listen to some of the guys Kerry served with none of that has any validity so like him or not his medals are as real as anyone elses, cheap shots are just that. if you take exception to what he said fine but to attack his record over a few words he said is truly dumb.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-06 AT 09:43AM (MST)[p]It takes a lot of class to criticize another serviceman's wounds, regardless of whether you think they are legitimate or not. My dad served in the Navy in Nam. He was an aviation mechanic and served his full time. Most of the time he was in Adak, Alaska, but he was in country for a while. For combat pay he was a door gunner in a Huey. They were in a pretty secure area but every once in a while they drew fire - but never got hit. He fired into the jungle a lot but he only used his rifle for one confirmed kill and he was never wounded. He worked on the hydraulics systems that delivered Agent Orange though and it gave him cancer. The radiation therapy made his teeth fall out and now he has none. He is 59. I once - only once - made fun of his false teeth and received the most stinging rebuke from him since I was 12 years old. I guarantee you I won't ever do it again. His disability is just as real as the vet who lost his legs. Granted it isn't severe but it isn't any less real or legitimate.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-06 AT 10:43AM (MST)[p]Huntindude,

Have you ever served in a combat theater? Just curious?

My problem with JFK isn't what he did in Vietnam it is the dishonor he brought on the entire military after he returned. He is, and always will be, viewed by the majority of those of us who have served and are serving as a traitor for what he said while testifying before congress.

15143.JPG

I could careless whether he got a Purple Heart while in Vietnam even for a minor wound. I saw medals handed out for changing a flat tire and a Purple Heart awarded for a self inflicted gunshot wound caused by the soldier being dumb. Doesn't matter to me but JFK is frigging liar who tried to rewrite his own history of serving. NO servicemember can respect him, especially after his many recent stupid statements.

Nemont

No I didn't serve but I would have, I was to young for Nam but would have been in line if we had gone into Iran in '78. it makes no difference anyway vets aren't the only ones who's opinion is valid. the point is Kerry earned his medals as anyone else did and you can't take that away. what he did after the war to some was right and to some it was wrong, that's up to you but it doesn't change the fact he's a decorated war veteran. while I don't think that much of him as a leader I respect him for his service to his country as I would anyone else. he has the right to say what he wants and if it hurts him politicly so be it, any American has that right he earned it more than most of us.

A, That's an awesome photo.

But remember, "It was just a botched joke."

Whatever that means.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Why would I respect a man who doesn't show respect for himself, his god, or his country?

To listen to Kerry and what he said after the war you would think he hated you, I, and the entire free world. You would also draw the conclusion that nothing the USA does in this world has an affect of good on anyone.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

LAST EDITED ON Nov-13-06 AT 04:35PM (MST)[p]> No I didn't serve but
>I would have, I was
>to young for Nam but
>would have been in line
>if we had gone into
>Iran in '78. it makes
>no difference anyway vets aren't
>the only ones who's opinion
>is valid. the point is
>Kerry earned his medals as
>anyone else did and you
>can't take that away. what
>he did after the war
>to some was right and
>to some it was wrong,
>that's up to you but
>it doesn't change the fact
>he's a decorated war veteran.
>while I don't think that
>much of him as a
>leader I respect him for
>his service to his country
>as I would anyone else.
>he has the right to
>say what he wants and
>if it hurts him politicly
>so be it, any American
>has that right he earned
>it more than most of
>us.

Huntindude,
You need to reread my post. Nowhere did I say that JFK shouldn't have a right to do anything. He is free to say whatever he wishes. I do not give a ratsass how he won his purple hearts. He was awarded them and they are his enough said. I said he brought dishonor to himself and therefore many of us who have served this country in combat do not like him. I never said only veterans get an opinion either. I do believe that those of use who wore a uniform and fought have a little more insite into a guy like Kerry they someone who didn't serve. No matter what you do you will not experience anything like the military and combat. That is all I am saying.

Have your opinion.

Nemont

I would never be the one to defend Kerry, I do not like him or trust him. Anyone who can turn his back on his troops for his own political gain, does not deserve to be called a Troop.
Just my opinion.

Having said that, "we" always thought of the purple heart as the "I screwed up medal" meaning that if everything had gone perfectly as planned I would not have been wounded. Obviously this is a not realistic view. Somethings are just out of your control. I will say that there are Medals and there are medals, and most people who have served know that the difference is in the actions not the display.

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom