a lot of muley points....need advice

G

gnatboy911

I have quite a few points saved up for mule deer and i am obviously wanting to harvest a nice buck. i have heard a little bit about the ranching for wildlife program, and in particular the ranch 'Kiowa Creek'. it is located north east of colorado springs. has anybody heard anything about this ranch??? I think it was formerly named 'Bijou Springs'. any info would be greatly appreciated.

If i had enough points to draw # 66 4th season, that would be my first choice. If not, #66 3rd season would be it. If not enough for #66 3rd season, then NOT "quite a few" in my book.

i've got 14 points and have heard a rumor that Kiowa Creek produces some good bucks, but didn't have much to base that rumor on. hopefully some guys on here can help me out!!

thanks,
Gnatboy911

I would wait and see just how devastating this winter is going to be on the deer in gunnison valley before I put in that many points in those units.
jc

I don't know anything about the ranch, but checked out your profile and it doesn't say if you are a Colorado resident. I assume you are since RFW is only available to residents? Sounds like you are headed for a good hunt with that many points. Good luck.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Don't worry about the snow in the Bijou... We only have a few inches. You'd do well if you draw that tag.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom