A positive thing for CA sportsman?

I have lifetime hunting and fishing too. They can't take those away from us.

I do wish that the license would be a 365 day license, especially for fishing.

While I see the differences they are proposing, I thought our hunting license is good until June 30 of the following year? Usually buy mine when the draw comes..it expires June of the next year..not a true 365 license but it doesn't expire January 1.

I wonder how that would work, most hunting in California is over by Jan 1st beside sheep seasons, would drawn sheep hunters have to buy two hunting licenses to be legal?

I wonder how that would work, most hunting in California is over by Jan 1st beside sheep seasons, would drawn sheep hunters have to buy two hunting licenses to be legal?
I don’t see where you see it will change to dec31 expiration??....a true 365 license expires 365 days after you buy it.....no matter what day you buy it...

Good for 365 from purchase won’t change anything for me. Still going to buy it in May. Too much hunting after Jan 1, ducks, geese , turkeys, quail, pigs

If passed Bill 460 would do the following beginning in 2024.

"Allow Californians and non-residents to purchase a combined hunting/fishing license rather than having to purchase both licenses separately"

"Make the newly created combination license valid for 365 days from the date of purchase – currently, California hunting and fishing licenses expire on December 31 of the year purchased, regardless of the date purchased; and...."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I guess they better learn how it works now before they try and change it.

Wanting to find out some more info on this. I’d like to buy a lifetime license... wondering if it’s smarter to do it now or wait?

Wanting to find out some more info on this. I’d like to buy a lifetime license... wondering if it’s smarter to do it now or wait?
Just hunting or fishing too? I would guess now is a better time. I wouldn’t think waiting will get you a better deal.

We are also lobbying for a 365 day fishing license. It would cost 20% more but last longer. A fishing license in October right now costs the same as January, but only lasts for 3 months.

We are also lobbying for a 365 day fishing license. It would cost 20% more but last longer. A fishing license in October right now costs the same as January, but only lasts for 3 months.
The problem with a 365 day fishing license is that when the Warden asks you to hold up your fishing license, they look for the color of the stamp. With a 365 day license, they would have to get close to see the actual date purchased. No more checking licenses from a distance......like in boats.
Just leave it as it is.

Can’t rely on color. Stores routinely use previous years color on my 16 feet of paper until they run out of supply. The only “correct” color I’ve had in years is what DFG mails me. I haven’t had the current year color of license/2nd deer tag/bear/pig tag for years. The idea of a specific color for year makes sense.....but in reality this doesn’t occur.

The problem with a 365 day fishing license is that when the Warden asks you to hold up your fishing license, they look for the color of the stamp. With a 365 day license, they would have to get close to see the actual date purchased. No more checking licenses from a distance......like in boats.
Just leave it as it is.
Depending on where you buy your license they could be using last years color. So that doesn’t apply. Sales agents keep using the ribbons until they are gone.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom