A Proper Steak Dinner

Blank

Long Time Member
Got home from Wyoming deer hunting, and she fixed me right up tonight. Ribeye done just right w/ sautéed onions, a tater with butter, blue, and bacon bits, beans with jalapeños, and a salad. I can skip desert and still feel good about it!!!

3F90CFE3-48CD-4DD4-BEEE-97390FB3DDA4.jpeg

Looks so tasty. I really like preparing deer steaks on grill. Wanna to share my favorite recipe. This is how you grill them for a family of four:

4 venison steaks, about 2-3 pounds total

Salt

Vegetable oil

Black pepper

Lemon juice (optional)

Step 1: Bring the venison out of the fridge and salt it lightly. Let it come to room temperature for at least 15 minutes, or up to 1 hour. Use this time to get your grill ready.

Step 2: When your grill is hot, use a grill brush to scrape down the grates. Soak a paper towel with some vegetable oil and, using tongs, wipe down the grates.

Step 3: Pat the steaks dry with paper towels and coat them with a thin film of vegetable oil. Lay them down on the grill. Do not disturb for 2 minutes. Use tongs to pick the steaks up and move them 90 degrees on the grill - this will give you the cross-hatch grill marks. Grill another 2 minutes.

Step 4: Flip the steak and grill until done, using the finger test for doneness (outlined above). Move the steak to a cutting board and grind black pepper over it. Let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving, with a squeeze of lemon juice if you'd like.

I have recently started using a new grill. Wanna share a course where to find a right one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom