A proud father

SS!

Long Time Member
Had to make some comfort food to get my mind off of work. Pulled out the cuber:

A6B5DF62-D246-4BDE-A9D4-5A0C3E1C8FCC.jpeg

Cubed moose steaks:

A728376E-7131-4515-848C-F0361F9BC0F7.jpeg

Fried up some bacon to get some grease to cook the steaks. Bacon cooking is aromatherapy:

F06B17B7-ABB2-444A-BB81-7F7B88AB269F.jpeg

Watching the kids and trying to multitask lead to no pics of the steaks in the pre greasy goodness form. But a couple mins a side and dinner was ready:

2BF46E88-7C52-4793-BED0-E02A3A5CB245.jpeg

Now time to relax. Bacon eggs and moose fried chicken steaks for breakfast tomorrow. Life is good.

That machine looks like it was made years ago when things were made for quality to last. Food looks great. Like the large Teflon pans for cooking chicken and thin meat, but for thick steaks I really like cooking with cast iron.

That machine looks like it was made years ago when things were made for quality to last. Food looks great. Like the large Teflon pans for cooking chicken and thin meat, but for thick steaks I really like cooking with cast iron.
Yes the cuber is from 1952. Heavy as hell but beats all the commercial cubers built today.

Cast iron for the win for thick steaks!

Looks like an old Hobart 400. I started working in a grocery at 16, and moved from bagging to produce, and finally meats. I have run literally TONS of steak thru one of those!! A valuable collector piece, for sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom