A silly Wife dispute

My Wife has become convinced that the air conditioner blows colder when the vent takes air from the outside. The laws of physics seem to me to mean the air will be colder on recirculate. Am I wrong?
I would have to agree that it would be colder on the recirculate setting.

Hey Beaner?

Did You Forget Rule # 1?:D

My Wife has become convinced that the air conditioner blows colder when the vent takes air from the outside. The laws of physics seem to me to mean the air will be colder on recirculate. Am I wrong?

I would think that only so much heat can be removed from the air on any given pass, so the cooler the incoming air is the cooler the outgoing air will be.

If it's hotter outside the car than inside, then recirc would blow cooler air.

That's always been my assumption anyway.

There probably is a point where enough moisture is removed from the air on recirc that you could get a diminishing return though as it could "feel" cooler with fresh air with a higher moisture content.

I have no evidence for any of this. Just random ramblings ??

When it's cold outside- she's right!

who else's wife gets in a freezing cold car, starts it, and turns the heat all the way up and the fan on high immediately?

I can't convince mine that the first few minutes of freezing air blowing out could be avoided if you give it a couple minutes to build up a little heat....

who else's wife gets in a freezing cold car, starts it, and turns the heat all the way up and the fan on high immediately?

I can't convince mine that the first few minutes of freezing air blowing out could be avoided if you give it a couple minutes to build up a little heat....
My wife does the exact same thing. Used to really pizz me off, now I just laugh and leave it be.

The Colder the entering temp. the colder the discharge temp. Hot outside air decreases capacity. Sorry been in the Mechanical trade for 40 years.
But I have the same problem either high heat or high cool nothing in between.

I can contribute here………. Wife at a Stop sign: Accelerator all the way to the mat. Full sped to the next Stop sign……full brake, to a sliding stop!

Does anyone recognize consistency here? I’m not a biologist either but…… I know one when I see one.

You guys are babies on the wife bashing. I have been married to the "farmer's daughter" for 53 years. I can not remember any argument that i won in those 53 years and I had a reputation as a tough a$$ cop according to the criminals.
RELH

You guys are babies on the wife bashing. I have been married to the "farmer's daughter" for 53 years. I can not remember any argument that i won in those 53 years and I had a reputation as a tough a$$ cop according to the criminals.
RELH
45 years for me and I can PROUDLY say that the only arguments I ever win are when she's not around! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

(yes, I argue with myself especially when working on vehicles)

Zeke

Definition of insanity: Doing the same stupid thing over and over.
Application: Arguing with Wife.

I always blame my insanity on a "reflex reaction".

Example:
Wife- "Dear, you're driving too close to that guy"
Me- "Honey, you were driving so close earlier today I could identify the bugs on OUR grill by the reflection in the other cars back window!"
Wife- "It's your fault- I TOLD you to wash my car!!"

Game, set, match.

Last edited:

W.T.H is it with women and the climate control knobs!!! They either have them full blast or completely off when they need to be on! “We’re fogging up.” Who the H shut everything off?

I have to jump in. I bought a new truck 4 years ago. I honestly wanted a manual transmission, but got an automatic because I wanted my wife to be able to drive it. In the 4 years that I have had the truck, I have tried to get her to drive it at least 20 times She finally tells me that she won’t drive it because the dash looks like an airplane cockpit with all of the knobs, switches & buttons. ???
Oh well… I should have just gotten the stick shift.

We buy her vehicles based on 2 criteria. Not color, engine, make, nothing.

Butt warmer, heated steering wheel.

Super important for a woman who works for home, and a garaged car.

(Yes, it was hotter than Satan's ass this week, and in her house office, the electric heater is on, as I type)

1658286204588.jpeg

It’s TRUE…… what I’ve always said, accept for the curve of their chin and the shape of their butt…….. they’re all exactly the same.

Unless you’re literal life’s in danger…….. just stay put…..cuz nothings gonna change if you make a switch!
Yes things will change!! You lose half or more of everything you have. ???
Lucky I married a good one 30 plus years ago.

What I do is the opposite I agree with her and that really throws her off her game.
She knows I don't agree but can't argue back.
Been married for 48 years never won an argument by agreeing I win does that make sense....LOL

We were on our way up to the Pismo Beach yesterday....my whole family. Needed to take 2 cars because my son had to drive North back to college and the rest of us south back home. We all start from our house and I ride with my son in his car and everyone else in the Tahoe that my wife is driving. After about 5 miles on the freeway of following my wife, my son and I agree that she has NO IDEA WHAT CRUISE CONTROL is. Holy Moly!!!! The whole 25 mile trip was happening between 66 and 83 miles per hour. It was unbelievable. In 26 years of marriage I had no idea she was such a bad lead driver. I, obviously drive everywhere we go because I am the perfect driver.

This thread is funny. My wife is committed to die on the hill that the shower closest to the water heater uses more hot water than the shower upstairs because it's closer to the water heater. I can't convince her that it's a matter of so many gallons in the tank, plus time and how hot the shower is, not proximity.

Another thing in the car... rather than push the button to turn the radio off she'll turn the volume knob all the way down.

This thread is funny. My wife is committed to die on the hill that the shower closest to the water heater uses more hot water than the shower upstairs because it's closer to the water heater. I can't convince her that it's a matter of so many gallons in the tank, plus time and how hot the shower is, not proximity.

Another thing in the car... rather than push the button to turn the radio off she'll turn the volume knob all the way down.
lol...and she couldn't be more wrong.....my most distant shower has to run 5 minutes just to push all the cold water out of the pipe before the shower is usable.....

Not a wife dispute story, although there are many, this just random wife logic. She asked me once when the power was out if she could flush the toilet…bless her heart.

Then another time, I ask if she could run uptown to the parts store for 8 spark plugs…she responded by asking ”is that two for each wheel”? Uhhh..yes dear.

Not a wife dispute story, although there are many, this just random wife logic. She asked me once when the power was out if she could flush the toilet…bless her heart.

Then another time, I ask if she could run uptown to the parts store for 8 spark plugs…she responded by asking ”is that two for each wheel”? Uhhh..yes dear.
....your wife grew up in a house with it's own well I'd guess

I bought the wife a new refrigerator this week, and it has an internal ice maker. I don't want to hook up the water, as I have laminate flooring and any leak will ruin the planks. The instructions say if you don't hook up the water, then turn off the maker to prevent burning it out. The wife says "but then we won't be able to use the freezer and keep things frozen!"

Tonight, we had dinner and there was enough leftovers in the bowl to have tomorrow for lunch, if she put a lid on it. She spent 5 minutes looking for a smaller container and lid, because it would keep "better". Really???

☝️My wife would of put the left overs in a container to small. And have 4 dirty containers before she found the right one. We have a joke between us that she is the only one who would have 5 dirty pots just to boil water. ??
But then again she puts up with all my hobbies ??

At my last job, I had a degree-toting female come into my office and ask me for a “smooth screw.”

A guys mind can wander quickly in many directions with a statement like that.

But I kept it professional and asked her what was meant?

She said, “You know, the kind you use a hammer with.”

I looked at her for a brief moment and said, “You mean a nail?”

All excited, she said, “ Yes! I’m hanging a picture in my office! Do you have any?”

I said, “Yes, they are next to the screw driver nails in the shop.”???

True story….I was really set back after that encounter and thought to myself….What would happen if we had a female president??

At my last job, I had a degree-toting female come into my office and ask me for a “smooth screw.”

A guys mind can wander quickly in many directions with a statement like that.

But I kept it professional and asked her what was meant?

She said, “You know, the kind you use a hammer with.”

I looked at her for a brief moment and said, “You mean a nail?”

All excited, she said, “ Yes! I’m hanging a picture in my office! Do you have any?”

I said, “Yes, they are next to the screw driver nails in the shop.”???

True story….I was really set back after that encounter and thought to myself….What would happen if we had a female president??
Lol… years ago I worked the night shift. Around lunchtime my ex wife woke me up pounding the hell out of something in the storage closet outside next to our bedroom. I got dressed & went out to see what she was doing. She was hammering screws into the studs to hang a shelf. ???

?? ******* content deleted.

Lol… years ago I worked the night shift. Around lunchtime my ex wife woke me up pounding the hell out of something in the storage closet outside next to our bedroom. I got dressed & went out to see what she was doing. She was hammering screws into the studs to hang a shelf. ???
But yet they get all offended when you tell them to put the apron on and stay in the kitchen?…

Starting to think this equal rights movement is linked to global warming….this really is the end of times…

I think I must be a lucky son of a gun. My wife was raised on a small ranch in NE Wyoming. She can do ranch work, construction, and has good common sense. We've built a couple of houses together plus several barns and outbuildings. She knows how to pull a calf and can cook with the best of them. Knows how to fix fence and move cows and can drive anything on the place. But she hates the big dump truck and the skid steer.

She's not much of a welder or mechanic. I do light mechanical stuff and change the oil on all 5 vehicles and service the 4 tractors, ATV's and the UTV. And I weld a lot, but it is not great work.

My wife also has great strength on the routine. She makes the bed first thing every day. Does the dishes right after we eat. Vacuums, mops and does that stuff almost every day, even though there's only 2 of us now. She waters the garden, mows the lawns, sprays the weeds in/around the yards, does the weed eating, etc. And almost never complains about anything. Plus she still looks good and takes care of herself.

She's low maintenance. Most of the stuff she buys is for the grandkids. Doesn't care about travel or eating out a lot.

I've said it before on MM, but we live a pretty podunky life. We are comfortable with it and appreciate rural Wyoming. I just cooked Sunday dinner over the open fire on the fire pit in our yard. I shot rifles at my range this morning. We like that sort of simple stuff. I could likely try to find something to whine about with her, but I would really have to think about it.

OMG! Oh No She Didn’t!?
The same at My house I’ve had tons of arguments with Mrs Sikora over that very same dumb a$$ answer! I would show her that when you select the circulate the air button on the dash that the fan power increases and it starts blowing even colder air! It is F&ckin Insane! I love you Mrs Sikora! Mexican women would rather die than say their sorry or wrong! It drives me Bat Sh$t crazy! Does your wife get in a mood when she wants to tell you how to drive!? I’m just short of nine years older then Mrs Sikora she doesn’t get that I was driving when she was seven! After taking the 23 and Me test we found out that she is only 35% Mexican, her mom is 100% so it just shows you that a lot of issues are caused by learned behavior! I can say this because her mom doesn’t come on MM!

666952ED-78BE-4147-9AFA-D01A78A87817.jpeg

It’s TRUE…… what I’ve always said, accept for the curve of their chin and the shape of their butt…….. they’re all exactly the same.

Unless you’re literal life’s in danger…….. just stay put…..cuz nothings gonna change if you make a switch!
My friend Carl was a father like figure to me asked me when I was 35! “Why are you not married yet?” I said well I haven‘t found the right girl yet!” He said “there is no such thing you marry the one that bothers you the least!“ Good Advice Carl!

I think I must be a lucky son of a gun. My wife was raised on a small ranch in NE Wyoming. She can do ranch work, construction, and has good common sense. We've built a couple of houses together plus several barns and outbuildings. She knows how to pull a calf and can cook with the best of them. Knows how to fix fence and move cows and can drive anything on the place. But she hates the big dump truck and the skid steer.

She's not much of a welder or mechanic. I do light mechanical stuff and change the oil on all 5 vehicles and service the 4 tractors, ATV's and the UTV. And I weld a lot, but it is not great work.

My wife also has great strength on the routine. She makes the bed first thing every day. Does the dishes right after we eat. Vacuums, mops and does that stuff almost every day, even though there's only 2 of us now. She waters the garden, mows the lawns, sprays the weeds in/around the yards, does the weed eating, etc. And almost never complains about anything. Plus she still looks good and takes care of herself.

She's low maintenance. Most of the stuff she buys is for the grandkids. Doesn't care about travel or eating out a lot.

I've said it before on MM, but we live a pretty podunky life. We are comfortable with it and appreciate rural Wyoming. I just cooked Sunday dinner over the open fire on the fire pit in our yard. I shot rifles at my range this morning. We like that sort of simple stuff. I could likely try to find something to whine about with her, but I would really have to think about it.
Does she have a younger sister?

You must pay more than a full tithe.

She has a sister. Wonderful lady. But happily married for 40 years. We support our local church but not a full-fledged tithe. I'm kinda bad about going. I seem to stay home and work or go scouting or hunting. The wife goes maybe once a month.

Hey Homer!

Don't Give Us That BS!

Water Doesn't Get Cold In KALI!:D

lol...and she couldn't be more wrong.....my most distant shower has to run 5 minutes just to push all the cold water out of the pipe before the shower is usable.....

After I built my house, I decided to put up a fence along the road. I went to the building department to see about set backs and permits. They told me no permit needed or set back from the easement but a fence out front can't be more than 6' tall.

I told my wife no problem but it can't be over a 6' fence. She said "Who builds a fence only 6' long?"

I love them but there is a reason the founding Father’s found it wise to ask them to leave the voting tasks to the males…….. and apparently the women understood as well…….. back then. Sometimes ya have to relearn eternal truths.

I'm having to replace the utility trailer tail lights about every other year and mysteriously no one knows why. LOL. I don't use that trailer so we both know that there really is no mystery.
BUT, she just packed 2 gallons of water in to a remote archery camp (10.5 miles round trip) and said it was a true adventure when the clouds opened up and poured heavy rain the last hour of the trip. Man, we got soaked to the bone!
Damn good woman!

Zeke

I'm having to replace the utility trailer tail lights about every other year and mysteriously no one knows why. LOL. I don't use that trailer so we both know that there really is no mystery.
BUT, she just packed 2 gallons of water in to a remote archery camp (10.5 miles round trip) and said it was a true adventure when the clouds opened up and poured heavy rain the last hour of the trip. Man, we got soaked to the bone!
Damn good woman!

Zeke
2 gallons of water?? I hope she was also carrying 2 gallons of beer...

After I built my house, I decided to put up a fence along the road. I went to the building department to see about set backs and permits. They told me no permit needed or set back from the easement but a fence out front can't be more than 6' tall.

I told my wife no problem but it can't be over a 6' fence. She said "Who builds a fence only 6' long?"
God Love Her!

Great song I don’t think it would fly anymore though!
Pat Travers 1976

Boom Boom!

Hey
No kiddin'
I'm ready to fight
I been lookin' for my baby all night
If I get her in my sights
Boom boom, out go the lights
No kiddin'
I'm ready to go
If I find her, boy don't you know
Ooh yea
Well I thought I treated my baby fair
I just found out she don't want me here
Oh yeah, play the guitar boy
I never felt this mad before
I just found out she don't want me no more
That's right
No kiddin'
I'm ready to fight
I been lookin' for my baby all night
Oh yeah, go on home now
Hey good
Ooh yeah
Now as a 15 year old we love this song for its great riff bluesy guitar solos, not once did me or my friends associates it with domestic abuse! Nor did any of us ever think the Rebel Flag had anything to do with Slavery. Mrs Sikora just said that we were just not educated! Which I’m sure is true! My answer was “No we just didn’t Hate” for one of the first times she was speechless! LOL! I told her what I wrote above and she just laughed

During summer at evening we turn on 3 box fans at open windows to cool the house, then shut the windows in the morning. To this day my wife wants to keep one fan going during the day to keep cooling the house. Tried many times to explain that the air from that fan only feels cooler because of evaporation from her skin, but running the fan with the windows closed will only heat the house. She still lets it run. I turn it off if she’s out and about.

Congratulations ICM! My parents just acknowledged their 69th anniversary last week. They have some stories to tell. Sometimes holding hands and alot of arm wrestling. Lol
Welcome to the madness Sirhuntsalot!
Lol! Congrats to your Parents for a hell of a accomplishment!

Had to go back a bit to find this thread but I have another one to add that happened last night. For some reason we got to talking turtles. I think my gkids have one. My wife was saying that their turtle was going to out grow its shell and how is it going to find another one? I asked her if she really thought that turtles were like hermit crabs.......she said yes. I asked if you've ever seen a random turtle shell laying around that will eventually be used by another turtle needing a larger shell. It made her think a bit.....

joesikora: "After taking the 23 and Me test we found out that she is only 35% Mexican, her mom is 100%"

Those number don't work. If 35% is correct, good luck telling her mom that, at the the most, she is only 70% Mexican.

Ok so last week I was headed up to 61 and got a flat tire. I text the better half and told her I had a flat and she said “ I guess you were going to fast”
I responded with “ really that is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard out of you, what does speed have to do with a flat tire?
She agreed and we laughed it off. ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom