A small depression is good for the country

D

driftersifter

The depression we are now expirencing is good for our economy and our country. A small depression cleans house on the companies that have made poor buisness decisions or made poor investments. It disciplines the greedy and restores the economy to balance that it needs. Granted some will fall upon hard times but those that have fortitude and resourcefullness will emerge stonger and more flexible to the whims of the economy and as a nation we will be more prepared than we are right now.
Driftersifter

A small depression? I could agree with that but I'm afraid this is the small part of a major depression.

I hope I'm wrong I really do, but I'm thinking we're in for a long hard road back to a place below what we used to accept as normal life.

A large depressionis more profound and affects more people but still cleans up the place and firmly plants the idea of what I need verses what I want. People need to make better choices.
Driftersifter

That'd be true if the government didn't bail out those companies that haven't been running a tight ship. Doesn't do a bit of good at all. Bails them out, screws the rest of us, forever.

>That'd be true if the government
>didn't bail out those companies
>that haven't been running a
>tight ship. Doesn't do a
>bit of good at all.
>Bails them out, screws the
>rest of us, forever.

+ 1

Its good for corrections if the flipping gov't doesnt bail out all the bum companies and lets nature take its course. Other wise it is not a good thing.

If the wacked out libs in Washington, (who have never ever run anything but a political campaign to keep them in power) get their way in the name of a "Stimulus plan" - we are going to be looking in the rear view mirror at our once great country. The spending will never end and we will be an irreversable socialized nation. Is that the change you were looking for?
Yes we can

If the whacked out conservative big spenders had done their job for the last 8 years the whacked out libs wouldn't have to come up with a whacked out salvage plan.

There is plenty of blame to go around, and the republicans deserve a heaping helping of it.

If you compare our economy to a car, I think you could say our car is running pretty rough, blowing blue smoke. The transmission is slipping, the brakes are squeaking and the tail lights don't work.

Congress (well, Obama and his Dems) want to get a new paint job, new tuck and roll upolstery, a new sound system, and a solid gold gear shift knob. And one spark plug. And put it all on OUR Visa card.

And then they have the nerve to tell us we need to act quickly or the car could get worse.

And Bush was in no hurry with the bank and auto bailout? if the republicans were in the hot seat they'd be panicing too.

As it is Obama is expected to fix the unfixable, so anything he wants to do will be picked apart because we already know it will fail. Obama is in a no win situation, but he asked for the job so he knew what he was getting into.

Hdude, I agree both sides are in the dark, and it's pointless to play the blame game.

I'm no expert but it seems in the past things were different. After WWII the Country was in the right mood and we really "grew". I remember there were a couple dozen sawmills here,(now there are only 4) there was new construction, oil drilling, steel mills, dams being built for power and new irrigation projects, coal mines, etc. In short we relied on our natural resources as the foundation for the boom. Exports were high, and American pride was at it's peak. Most of it was done with private money, and the government just stayed out of the way.

Now all that is gone or off limits and I think we're kind of at a loss as to which direction to go. Now the big thing is to get a government paycheck and buy the latest gadgets made over seas. Kind of fun, but not sustaining.

We'll see, but I'm not very confident.

Man....I thought this thread was going to be a joke with a Map of the U.S. with a bullet hole thru California and one thru New York.... I'm leaving now...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom