A story about piles of stupid, compounded by stupid, with a side of stupid

hossblur

Long Time Member

First. Shooting elk across a river at 79yrs old.

Next. Piling up 4elk at same time.

Then, all the people who moved to or lived in the area that want to "live in the country", or "live in the mtns among wildlife, then are shocked at hunting or death.

Next, the game Warden who "helped" by lining up a canoe to ferry elk across the snake.

About the only non stupid was the guy who pointed out how much these idiots hurt hunters by being stupid.

This could have been written by Babylon bee

Wow, Sounds like a complete cluster Fauci. Hopefully these Minnetonka boys will get that somewhat successful outing uploaded on there YouTube page for some fresh content.

Hey the old dudes didn't plan their extraction well. Live and learn. I couldn't be happier for a 79 year old man out there still putting some meat in the freezer on his own.

My two problems are the people who have a problem with the sight of elk being dead. Welcome to reality.

Second, quit your bitching and give an old fella a hand. At least the game warden assisted. Everybody else thinks they fixed this with some social justice.?

I don't see any ethics problems here. Just inexperience and a bad decision.

Sorry but I back the hunters. It does not appear they did anything illegal. People want to live and recreate in the mountains, then they should accept that all
Forms of recreation are equally important.

Maybe we should close down all other recreation during hunting season?

Regardless we need to fight this mentality. This is why hunting and trapping need protection. The anti hunters will do all they can to chip away at hunting access. Maybe a pond in Jackson now, but eventually it will be more and more…

Hey the old dudes didn't plan their extraction well. Live and learn. I couldn't be happier for a 79 year old man out there still putting some meat in the freezer on his own.

My two problems are the people who have a problem with the sight of elk being dead. Welcome to reality.

Second, quit your bitching and give an old fella a hand. At least the game warden assisted. Everybody else thinks they fixed this with some social justice.?

Please forgive me for agreeing with Tri... but give me a break? Heck ya for that 79yr old for filling his freezer.
???? Elk stranded on a island? My bet that herd won't do that again.

Them elk can cross a river 10 times faster and easier than most could raft it.
Few weeks ago my friends got to camp the day before me. He told me that the day before a SxS drove by our camp BLARING mariachi music and had a lighted disco ball on the back. Did that idiot think others in the backcountry want it hear his crappy music blaring. What is this country turning into!!

Nobody is saying they did anything illegal. But Hoss is right, there was a whole lot of stupid here. Even the hunter admits that himself.

I don’t feel all that bad for the tree huggers that got to see one way in which meat gets from walking around and breathing to their table for dinner. But there were some lessons learned for all involved, most definitely.

The Jackson area is simply one of the greatest places on the planet. If I could get rid of all the people it would be pure heaven. But man the people taking over there are sure making it a tough place to visit.

I'll just assume you've never seen the Snake.

Be honest. It's in the 60-70's during the day. 33 hours. You firing up the Traeger?

I would hope at 79 dudes have some wisdom.

Nobody is saying they did anything illegal. But Hoss is right, there was a whole lot of stupid here. Even the hunter admits that himself.

I don’t feel all that bad for the tree huggers that got to see one way in which meat gets from walking around and breathing to their table for dinner. But there were some lessons learned for all involved, most definitely.

The Jackson area is simply one of the greatest places on the planet. If I could get rid of all the people it would be pure heaven. But man the people taking over there are sure making it a tough place to visit.

Years ago a dude could sit in the bar, and actually talk to ranchers or hunters.

Not worried about treehuggers either. But everyone has seen road kill. Everyone knows what happens after a day or so

Aged in the sun ungutted for 33 hours. At that guys age he should have had more common sense. Elk make people do stupid things. mtmuley

I thought this was a story about Nick going hunting but then I remembered he’s never posted a hunting pic or story. ???

Bet That's Some Tasty Meat That Gets Trash Canned!

They Shoot Elk on an Island & Don't even have a Life Jacket or Boat To Forge the River?

I'll Bet When They Get Back Home The Elk Hunt Stories are gonna Amaze the Locals!

I'll just assume you've never seen the Snake.

Be honest. It's in the 60-70's during the day. 33 hours. You firing up the Traeger?

I would hope at 79 dudes have some wisdom.
I've seen the snake and I've seen old men bite off more than they could chew.

I still give a 79 year old man a lot of leeway in this world. Most of them old men lived through 5hit you can't imagine. They did things that paved the way for you and me to have jobs and kids and homes today. And yeah they screw up.

But I guarantee when I walk up on a 79 year old man that's got a critter down and may have screwed up on something, I'm gonna ask him if I can give him a hand with a smile on my face. And when that elk is in his cooler I'm gonna shake his hand and wish him safe travels home.

Let me ask you something. Do you have any experience dealing with 79 year old men? Because if you did you would know shaming him is only gonna make you feel better and ain't gonna do spit to deal with the problem or teach him.

I still give a 79 year old man a lot of leeway in this world. Most of them old men lived through 5hit you can't imagine. They did things that paved the way for you and me to have jobs and kids and homes today. And yeah they screw up.

But I guarantee when I walk up on a 79 year old man that's got a critter down and may have screwed up on something, I'm gonna ask him if I can give him a hand with a smile on my face. And when that elk is in his cooler I'm gonna shake his hand and wish him safe travels home.

Let me ask you something. Do you have any experience dealing with 79 year old men? Because if you did you would know shaming him is only gonna make you feel better and ain't gonna do spit to deal with the problem or teach him.
That generation didn’t pave the fuggin’ way for anything. They sucked the marrow out of this country, while buying homes and building wealth during the easiest time there ever was to be a working American. And they want to decry my generation for “not working hard enough” GTFO with that nonsense.

I never said someone is great because they are old.
But I guarantee you boys this. A generation that shames and denies respect to its elders will not improve this country one iota.
And neither will doing things like that elk debacle. I don't care how old you are. mtmuley

Is this 79 year old a member of this forum? Did hoss respond to the scene of the act? Tri is talking like these two things are the case and hoss denied helping the guy and is now trying to reach him something on this forum.

Nonsensical posts from tri? Dang, I guess there is a first time for everything! (Said nobody about tri…ever)

Reach?

Or Teach?
Is this 79 year old a member of this forum? Did hoss respond to the scene of the act? Tri is talking like these two things are the case and hoss denied helping the guy and is now trying to reach him something on this forum.

Nonsensical posts from tri? Dang, I guess there is a first time for everything! (Said nobody about tri…ever)

Just spent a week with a 82, 75, 72 year olds hunting deer. And, all 4 are well aware of their limitations. None would I ever need to worry about reading about in the paper. All of them would say the exact thing the rest of us are, except you.

Story ain't about elk hunting. Elk hunting at 79. It's about being stupid at 79. Perhaps had someone got with him years ago, he wouldn't find himself where he did.

Only clowns think old dogs don't learn new tricks

This guy is a moron and has no business afield, regardless his age. Just like the “aw shucks” good ol boy moron who put on a chit-show in my backyard this year.

Hunters are their own worst enemy. We better start doing a better job of policing our own in the field. We’re pretty good at it on the computer.

This guy is a moron and has no business afield, regardless his age. Just like the “aw shucks” good ol boy moron who put on a chit-show in my backyard this year.

Hunters are their own worst enemy. We better start doing a better job of policing our own in the field. We’re pretty good at it on the computer.
That’s a little extreme calling tristate a moron

Talkin about "Rosie" on the blue river?

Talkin about "Rosie" on the blue river?
No, a trespassing poacher in my backyard. It’ll be in my ML thread when I get around to downloading my camera.

But be on the lookout for a gang of Amish hoodlums riding e-bikes. Seriously.:rolleyes:

We are about NOT piling up 4elk, then taking 33 hours to get it taken care of.

We are about not shooting 4elk, in a rec area, with obviously no idea on how to get them.

Dude shoots an elk, jumps on his boat, cuts it up, and is gone, is Waaay different than being a dumbass.

Like I said, I get your point, even agree with it. But we continue to give up public land to other recreators, I know it's just a small peice hear and there but the general public continues to get farther and deeper, I fear at some point, a bit like the Indians, there won't be any room left for us. Here's a recent similar story here in Colorado. These guys didn't waste time, got it loaded up and hauled out in short order on public land. Do we crucify them too?

Screenshot_20211005-065021_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211005-065121_Chrome.jpg

These people can't be reasoned with. The Indians tried that and didn't fare well.

Like I said, I get your point, even agree with it. But we continue to give up public land to other recreators, I know it's just a small peice hear and there but the general public continues to get farther and deeper, I fear at some point, a bit like the Indians, there won't be any room left for us. Here's a recent similar story here in Colorado. These guys didn't waste time, got it loaded up and hauled out in short order on public land. Do we crucify them too?

View attachment 54154View attachment 54155

These people can't be reasoned with. The Indians tried that and didn't fare well.
Is the killing of a cow moose with calves legal in CO? It is not in most states…

Is the killing of a cow moose with calves legal in CO? It is not in most states…

Yes, the calves are big enough to survive. Unless those bleeding hearts feel like they need to stuff them calves full of alfalfa this winter. Or the wolves these same people complaining, voted for find them.

Yes, the calves are big enough to survive. Unless those bleeding hearts feel like they need to stuff them calves full of alfalfa this winter. Or the wolves these same people complaining, voted for find them.
That’s interesting and goes against what most wildlife agencies have set in their regulations.

I still give a 79 year old man a lot of leeway in this world. Most of them old men lived through 5hit you can't imagine. They did things that paved the way for you and me to have jobs and kids and homes today.

Because if you did you would know shaming him is only gonna make you feel better and ain't gonna do spit to deal with the problem or teach him.
Just remember all this the next time we have a discussion. It will be relevant only for the next few weeks, however, because I won't be 79 after that. Now go sit over there dear boy & respect your elders. :rolleyes:

View attachment 54154View attachment 54155

2 different points.

I see no difference in the moose murder clowns, and the "rolling slaughter house on wheels" types. They are just on opposite ends of the clown spectrum.

It's the vast middle we compete for.

I use my "mom" rule.

Daughter of a turkey rancher, grew up in very rural Utah. Husband and boys hunt. Friends hunt. Grew up in hunting culture. She doesn't hunt.

I can't explain to her, a 72 yr old what a 79yr old was doing. I can't explain why a 79 yr old thought killing a 1.5 tins of meat, in September at the same time was a good idea. I can't explain how, without boats, they thought they could just wade across, one of the largest rivers in the US, and at 79 backpack 1.5 tons of meat.

The only explanation I can give is that it was legal.

Now if I, a hunter, can't explain it to her, how the hell do we explain it to folks who don't care either way?

"It's legal".

Well, now that just destroyed all the food, conservation, etc we use to talk about hunting, and resorts it to a simple word change. "Illegal".

How these guys didn't get wanting waste tickets I don't know. Or shooting too close to a highway.

WE as hunters should be leading the charge in pushing for charges, not the soccer mom's.

Instead we get the "we are all in the same boat" talk.

That’s interesting and goes against what most wildlife agencies have set in their regulations.

We are also fortunate to have an expanding moose population, the only state in the lower 48 that can make that claim. Course we don't have many wolves yet.

Just remember all this the next time we have a discussion. It will be relevant only for the next few weeks, however, because I won't be 79 after that. Now go sit over there dear boy & respect your elders. :rolleyes:
Once you give disrespect, baring illness, you quit getting my respect. Age don't mean you have license to spit on people.

2 different points.

I see no difference in the moose murder clowns, and the "rolling slaughter house on wheels" types. They are just on opposite ends of the clown spectrum.

It's the vast middle we compete for.

I use my "mom" rule.

Daughter of a turkey rancher, grew up in very rural Utah. Husband and boys hunt. Friends hunt. Grew up in hunting culture. She doesn't hunt.

I can't explain to her, a 72 yr old what a 79yr old was doing. I can't explain why a 79 yr old thought killing a 1.5 tins of meat, in September at the same time was a good idea. I can't explain how, without boats, they thought they could just wade across, one of the largest rivers in the US, and at 79 backpack 1.5 tons of meat.

The only explanation I can give is that it was legal.

Now if I, a hunter, can't explain it to her, how the hell do we explain it to folks who don't care either way?

"It's legal".

Well, now that just destroyed all the food, conservation, etc we use to talk about hunting, and resorts it to a simple word change. "Illegal".

How these guys didn't get wanting waste tickets I don't know. Or shooting too close to a highway.

WE as hunters should be leading the charge in pushing for charges, not the soccer mom's.

Instead we get the "we are all in the same boat" talk.
The mom rule?????

My mom doesn't ask me to explain the random acts of people neither of us know. Nobody benefits from those kind of assumptions.

The mom rule?????

My mom doesn't ask me to explain the random acts of people neither of us know. Nobody benefits from those kind of assumptions.

Assumptions have 2 sides.

Feel free to explain the opposite of this guy being a dumbass

We are also fortunate to have an expanding moose population, the only state in the lower 48 that can make that claim. Course we don't have many wolves yet.
Ummm have you looked at North Dakota’s moose population? Also there’s a strong argument that Colorado never had moose before (like mountain goats). At least you’ll get wolves back soon. At least they are native. Colorado is like a mini Texas right now with all those exotics ?

Ummm have you looked at North Dakota’s moose population? Also there’s a strong argument that Colorado never had moose before (like mountain goats). At least you’ll get wolves back soon. At least they are native. Colorado is like a mini Texas right now with all those exotics ?

I don't think they compare to us.

Their numbers are increasing just like CO. I’m going to guess in about 10 years CO isn’t going to have stellar moose hunting ?

Read the comments section after that article if you want to know what the Jackson residents think of hunting in their recreation area. There is a good reason that area has so many elk in it as the wolves avoid the urban millionaire houses, the golf course and the people but the elk have found a hideaway there. The elk population has skyrocketed there the last decade. A compromise would be to have a hunting season and have the area closed off for recreation for 7 days or an archery only hunt. Likely, it will mean closed to hunting as very few hunt anymore and these old clowns didn’t help the cause much.

Depends on where your standing. Look at any thread on wolves, see how many "kill them all" responses there are.

Check out Tri "rolling slaughterhouse on wheels" comments in response to running down coyotes on sleds.

Unfortunately we have a pile of jackwagons on our side that proudly publicize their dumbass thoughts, then let the rest of us take the heat.

Not that I agree, but are the treehuggers wanting to protect moose from us killing them, any different than us wanting to protect elk from wolves killing them? In both cases folks are picking their favorite furry animal.

But you know what stops these crusades? Not killing moose in a neighborhood. Or deer in town. Or elk on a rec area. The subject doesn't come up, if WE don't give it a basis.

Out of sight, out of mind. Let a sleeping dog lie.

Advice from folks with wisdom, WE should take it.

But you know what stops these crusades? Not killing moose in a neighborhood. Or deer in town. Or elk on a rec area. The subject doesn't come up, if WE don't give it a basis.

Out of sight, out of mind. Let a sleeping dog lie.

While I agree with most of what you’ve posted here about the wisdom employed in this reported on hunt, I don’t agree with this. The very nature of a crusade is that they won’t stop, no matter what.

If the position is going to be that we can’t do anything that offends the antis, then we stop hunting entirely.

While I agree with most of what you’ve posted here about the wisdom employed in this reported on hunt, I don’t agree with this. The very nature of a crusade is that they won’t stop, no matter what.

If the position is going to be that we can’t do anything that offends the antis, then we stop hunting entirely.

Exactly niller!

The only reasonable one in this whole story was the game warden. He calmly helped the guys retrieve the elk as best he could under the circumstances, after giving them a stern talk. I wish I had been a local with a suitable boat, I would have jumped in and helped too. I would like to think I'm not alone.

The position needs to be letting us defend hunting on our terms. I'll defend it all day on pics of families. All day on conservation, food, etc.

The problem with 4elk piled up, bloating in the sun, on an island, for 33hrs, is it's undefendable. Same as every poaching case. But because these clowns are in our sphere. WE get drug into the conversation. And is evident by this thread, some of us will defend the undefendable, because "we are all in this together".

My oldest killed a deer last week. Shot it between the eyes with muzzy. It's eyes bulged out, tongue bulged out.

We "paraded" from Manti, home. But I sat the deer high enough that the tops of the antlers could be seen while driving, but not so the bulging eyes could. Of course I get what dead looks like. Some folks don't. And the vast majority probably didn't pay attention to tips of horns, because they DONT CARE. No point in making them care by showing grotesque.

No one that morning got up and thought today I need to contact FG, and my mayor, city council, to stop killing elk on that island.

Guarantee, by the end of the day, a lot had.

And on what grounds to WE fight? The ability to let elk rot? The ability to discharge firearms close to highways and houses? Luckily, the author talked to a hunter with a brain, who rightly criticized this. Imagine if they would have interviewed TRI.

That is somewhat true. Problem is when something as publicity worthy as this incident occurs, it reaches EVERYONE. That includes those non-antis that are also non-hunters and VOTERS -- those who can easily lobby for & pass restrictive laws.

Hoss, Outdoor Writer, I’m good with the criticism of the stupidity that went along with this hunt. Don’t read into my post more than what is there. I’m just not good with the notion of only hunting in a way that finds approval with those that hate hunting entirely. And it seems like you are getting close to advocating that.

And I will promise you one thing: knowing that area pretty well and knowing the types of many people that inhabit nowadays, I assure you there was more than one person that woke up that morning very specifically asking how they could get hunting ended on that island and the whole area around it ended. Sure, this gave them a megaphone to shout what they were already thinking, and homeboy and his pals have to own that, but they were absolutely thinking it. Remember, this is a crusade for some of these folks. Crusades are passionate and ugly.

And my point still remains. There is nowhere in our public lands the non hunting general public no longer hikes, and in large numbers in many places. How much ground do we concede out of fear of offending someone? We have 56 14'rs here in Colorado, with multiple routes to the summits of many of them, and people scrambling this time of year to knock one more out before winter. Do we avoid those areas out of that fear? Sept, Oct, Nov, there will be hunters in the woods answering an ancestral calling, killing animals for protein. Maybe if someone finds it offensive they should concede those 3 months so they won't risk seeing it?

Last edited:
I used to hunt early goose hunts not far from this area outside of Jackson. I’ll never forget the time a red Subaru wagon drove by the fields we were hunting, jumped out with binos and watched us for a while. We were quite a distance from the little backroad they were driving that morning. The only way they could know we weren’t just a flock of geese that far away in the field is they had binos and saw my buddy when he got out of the layout blind to fix something.

They sat there for 30 minutes, just watching. When a flock of geese started working our setup they had two people out of the car jumping up and down, waiving their arms, yelling, with another laying on the car horn. As I said, we were quite a ways away from the road so they had no impact on flock and the only thing them waiting around did was allow them see us dump 6 birds.

Some, maybe even some here, might suggest that we shouldn’t have shot that flock because it will give these antis a reason to hate us. Screw them, and forget that. We were on a giant property (tens of thousands of acres) with permission from the property owner, legally and ethically hunting geese. If a car full of huggers didn’t like it, they didn’t have to sit there with binos for 30 minutes so they could watch it all go down while trying to screw up our hunt.

The principle DW is trying to get across is powerful to me. Yes, I agree that our actions as hunters can be our own worst enemy. But where do we draw the line? Clearly this action by these elk hunters was unwise. Is hunting the foothills on the extended that we’ve been hunting for decades the same, since all the yuppies buying up property near there won’t like it?

I’m just glad to see those old guys out hunting. They could just sit on their phone and tell everyone how they don’t have Facebook. Or post gossip from the basin. Instead they are out there hunting. Good for them!
Very good point. And since they were doing it legal I would have congratulated them and then told them they screwed up but I will help them, and after we get these elk taken care of, we're going to the bar and they're buying.

And my point still remains. There is nowhere in our public lands the non hunting general public no longer hikes, and in large numbers in many places. How much ground do we concede out of fear of offending someone? We have 56 14'rs here in Colorado, with multiple routes to the summits of many of them, and people scrambling this time of year to knock one more out before winter. Do we avoid those areas out of that fear? Sept, Oct, Nov, there will be hunters in the woods answering an ancestral calling, killing animals for protein. Maybe if someone finds it offensive they should concede those 3 months so they won't risk seeing it?
Two different situations. Hunting on public lands is not the problem. Doing stupid chit that draws attention is the problem. ;)

Two different situations. Hunting on public lands is not the problem. Doing stupid chit that draws attention is the problem. ;)

And I still agree with that, as I said in my first comment on this thread. How much should we concede?

And I still agree with that, as I said in my first comment on this thread. How much should we concede?
Nothing to concede except stupidity. If those guys THINK before they kill 4 elk on an island across a raging river in a popular area, the incident never becomes news, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Google Brainerd lake area in Colorado. 10 yrs or so ago a bow hunter shot a bull moose, unbeknownst to him, "in front" of some Boulder hippie hikers. A quarter mile around that area is now off limits because they raised a stink. You can hike beyond that and hunt, but you're parked in the parking lot of that piece of public land. You have to walk back thru all those Boulder hippies to drop your first load of meat. Think your rig won't get messed with before you return with your second load? Fast forward 5 yrs, my buddy pulls the tag. It took a lot to convince him that that was his last resort spot. We scouted it, he saw the traffic. Why go thru the hassle? We conceded it. He killed a 170" bull 10 miles from that place opening day. I get it, but how much do we concede? They don't want us "murdering" "helpless" animals at all, let alone in a place one of them may decide to take a fall hike to lick the leaves!

Very good point. And since they were doing it legal I would have congratulated them and then told them they screwed up but I will help them, and after we get these elk taken care of, we're going to the bar and they're buying.
Exactly! Those boys wouldn’t let you leave with some drinks and a good dinner. That’s a fact.

I hope im still doing stuff at that age that people younger than me disagree with!

Google Brainerd lake area in Colorado. 10 yrs or so ago a bow hunter shot a bull moose, unbeknownst to him, "in front" of some Boulder hippie hikers. A quarter mile around that area is now off limits because they raised a stink. You can hike beyond that and hunt, but you're parked in the parking lot of that piece of public land. You have to walk back thru all those Boulder hippies to drop your first load of meat. Think your rig won't get messed with before you return with your second load? Fast forward 5 yrs, my buddy pulls the tag. It took a lot to convince him that that was his last resort spot. We scouted it, he saw the traffic. Why go thru the hassle? We conceded it. He killed a 170" bull 10 miles from that place opening day. I get it, but how much do we concede? They don't want us "murdering" "helpless" animals at all, let alone in a place one of them may decide to take a fall hike to lick the leaves!
It’s ok to have areas like that. Hunters are a greedy bunch.

It’s ok to have areas like that. Hunters are a greedy bunch.

It's only a couple months a year. Moose season is even less. Maybe close the area to all but moose hunters those few weeks? Why must we always concede?

If you don't understand the difference than on a 14 peak, and where this story happened, I can't help you.

I eat beef.

We never slaughtered our cows in the front yard, no beheaded chickens in the driveway.

It's only a couple months a year. Moose season is even less. Maybe close the area to all but moose hunters those few weeks? Why must we always concede?
Close an area for what two to 5 moose hunters? That’s not conceding that’s being selfish.

Exactly what I was referring to.

We have had similar incidents here.

One was a pronghorn with an arrow in it dying in a school yard. Nothing illegal; just bad optics that led to restriction in the surrounding area.

Another was a dumb trapper who had sets near a popular area. A guy's dog gets nailed & a while later there is an initiative passed (can never be changed by the legislature) outlawing all leghold traps on public land.

If you don't understand the difference than on a 14 peak, and where this story happened, I can't help you.

I eat beef.

We never slaughtered our cows in the front yard, no beheaded chickens in the driveway.

The 14er example was to show you there is no longer places the general public doesn't hike. If the 14ers are loaded, you can bet the gentle trails are as well. You missed the point.

And hikers needing it 24/7/365 isn't?
It's ok to have areas (especially high traffic areas) closed to hunting. Hikers, photographers, tourists, bicyclists, etc can have a few areas where they don't have to worry about having an animal shot in front of them.

It's ok to have areas (especially high traffic areas) closed to hunting. Hikers, photographers, tourists, bicyclists, etc can have a few areas where they don't have to worry about having an animal shot in front of them.

Sheesh, does that go both ways? Can we get areas closed to hikers, photographers, tourists, bicyclists, etc for hunting Oy so I can not have to worry about shooting an animal in front of them?

This gets on the slippery slope pretty quickly, and I HATE the slippery slope argument.

Those same people would pay money to see a wolf disembowel a calf elk. They would video it and share it on facebook. Just saying.

Sheesh, does that go both ways? Can we get areas closed to hikers, photographers, tourists, bicyclists, etc for hunting Oy so I can not have to worry about shooting an animal in front of them?

This gets on the slippery slope pretty quickly, and I HATE the slippery slope argument.
Yes you can hunt private land.

You want to hunt public there's going to be some stipulations. Too many slob hunters out there have ruined so much access. Spoiler alert: its not going to get better.

Yes you can hunt private land.

You want to hunt public there's going to be some stipulations. Too many slob hunters out there have ruined so much access. Spoiler alert: its not going to get better.

They can recreate on private land too. This coin has two sides, but it seems you only want to acknowledge one of them. That’s all good, I’m not trying to change anyone’s opinion, just sharing mine.

They can recreate on private land too. This coin has two sides, but it seems you only want to acknowledge one of them. That’s all good, I’m not trying to change anyone’s opinion, just sharing mine.
I respect your opinion but with hunters being such a minority I would have to vote for what the masses want. In a perfect world both could coexist but the damage has been done but too many sloppy hunters. It could be more regional than anything. We come across a lot of non hunters up where when we are packing out dead animals and all the experiences have been great. YMMV.

I respect your opinion but with hunters being such a minority I would have to vote for what the masses want. In a perfect world both could coexist but the damage has been done but too many sloppy hunters. It could be more regional than anything. We come across a lot of non hunters up where when we are packing out dead animals and all the experiences have been great. YMMV.

Yer a long way from Boulder Colorado. Your reality is a bit different.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom