A Victory for Utah's Fishermen (and women)

eyeguard

Posted this in the General Hunting forum too. This might be old news... if so, sorry I never saw the original post.

Landowners battle court's ruling on Utah's waterways

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A battle on Utah?s waterways is underway. A few weeks ago, Utah Supreme Court ruled in favor of anglers, rafters and other river users. They ruled that anglers can now walk on publicly owned waterways even though the water flows through private land.

Jerry Homer is a farmer in Wanship. He says the new ruling will allow anglers to continue trashing his land, which runs into the Weber River in Summit County.

?I think the rights of farmers have been taken away," said Homer.

However, some anglers applaud the new decision by the Utah Supreme Court. At Trout Bum 2 in Park City, the popular fly shop is home to many who see this as a chance to fish an area that was once off limits.

Mark Hadley of the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources says he has advice for anglers hoping to avoid conflict with landowners: ?Stay in the stream and be respectful of property owners.?

Alright people, this is good thing for those of us who love to fish. Let's not abuse it so we lose it okay?!

Take that last statement of the article to heart!

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom