A11 (X6a)

DeerHunter

Hey Everybody,

I was fortunate enough to draw an A11 (archery in X6a) tag this year and am excited to start to get to know the area. I'll be headed out this weekend for the first of probably 2 scouting trips. I'll be focusing on getting a lay of the land (I've only been through the area a couple times for fishing trips) and figuring out base camp options etc. The next trip I'll probably focus more on locating animals. It looks like it's hard to get too far from a road in this unit, so I'm guessing day hikes will be what's in store for me.

If any of you also drew A11 this year and want to share Intel I'd be open to that. I'd also love to hear experiences from any of you that have drawn the tag in the past. Of course I'm interested in animal behavior and patterns, but would also love to hear about campgrounds (good/bad), must-hit dive-bars or anything else you'd be willing to share about the area.

I wish everyone a safe and successful season.

Cheers,
DeerHunter

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-19 AT 10:34PM (MST)[p]Same tag I'll be up Monday following the opener. Boots to the ground. 6 years ago was super lucky and got the late season bass hill archery tag.

>LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-19
>AT 10:34?PM (MST)

>
>Same tag I'll be up Monday
>following the opener. Boots to
>the ground. 6
>years ago was super lucky
>and got the late season
>bass hill archery tag.

PM Sent

Deerhunter, how was your A11 experience? I am considering applying for A11 or the rifle hunt this year and curious about your thoughts, thanks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom