A31

Can be a great tag, even with the burns. BUT, I have not been in the Mendocino NF since the fires last year.

Probably all we get out of the fires will be closed roads and poodle-dog bush....... You can see the closure areas on the forest service website.

Cut my teeth in that unit......arrowed 2 deer a year for over 35 years. Last few years before I retired and left tyat God forsaken state it got pretty bad......but there’s still a few bucks around. Fire closures hurt that unit the most the early part of the Hunt. Deer rut mid-October there. Hunt the rifle closure areas just above the cities.....watch out for snakes and poison oak.

Probably all we get out of the fires will be closed roads and poodle-dog bush....... You can see the closure areas on the forest service website.
Yes, the areas I would most likely want to hunt are the North sections of the Zone, which are largely closed due to last years fire.

Negative. I've been lagging. Actually starting a new career and have been focused on that. Attempting to be responsible. I do feel good that its a long tag season.

Yourself?

I was driving around a bit, looking for and area. It was so hot last weekend that I didn't really want to go out. I think it would be better if it got colder.

The Country road FH-7 got burned out pretty good from Covelo to Alder Springs. Im sure a lot of animals were lost but some did survive. Some areas had dirty burns and left cover. The deer will start rut'n if not already doing so! They started to rut in the end of October. I seen buck sparing and chasing does. Find a good glassing spot and let the Bino's do the walking for you. I have had the tag 2 times in the last few years. What I've noticed is the big ones stay very Nocturnal. Best time, early mornings and late evenings. Doesn't look like much weather on the radar. Get off the road and find a canyon that has cover and feed. Good luck on your hunt.

The Country road FH-7 got burned out pretty good from Covelo to Alder Springs. Im sure a lot of animals were lost but some did survive. Some areas had dirty burns and left cover. The deer will start rut'n if not already doing so! They started to rut in the end of October. I seen buck sparing and chasing does. Find a good glassing spot and let the Bino's do the walking for you. I have had the tag 2 times in the last few years. What I've noticed is the big ones stay very Nocturnal. Best time, early mornings and late evenings. Doesn't look like much weather on the radar. Get off the road and find a canyon that has cover and feed. Good luck on your hunt.
A31 is Los Angeles County Archery Hunt

Well, I haven't made the time to go out yet...still have to end of this month. I think the warm weather is what's actually keeping me from hunting. Expected much colder and maybe snow in high places.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom