Aaron's area 26 jr. tag

Hvyshot12

So we went out for the morning and saw a few deer. 1 nice three point(24"-25"), which is good for my sons first buck let alone most peoples. We lost him in some thicker shrubs but saw the doe lingering around so knew he was close by. While we watched the deer feeding in the joshua trees and moving up the draw a few quail hunters entered the lower part of the draw and shot the place up pretty good, so we decided to leave the deer alone. We will try to go get him in a few days as he has been hanging in this area for a while now. I will post pics of this deer or which ever one my son harvests. Man!...Feels like my first hunt alll over again.

Bill

NRA
USW #5282

Quick update...saw all does today. Heading back in the AM. Desert bucks..man can they hide good. Aaron did very well in the hills for his first hunt and it being so warm, I am a very proud father...:)

NRA
USW #5282

downsized_1124090929a.jpg

So we have been hunting since last week and haven't seen alot. So when I spotted this guy from about a half mile away at 930 am we decided to go after him. We were sitting a top a juniper and joshua covered mountain top in area 26 and this booger comes out below us. So we played catch up and finally caught him, the boy said he wanted to take him down so it was on. We got within 500 yds and had to wait as we were in the open. The buck went over a hill in the direction of the spring in the area, so it is now a race to beat him there. We got to the next ridge and started glassing just in time to find out he was still ahead of us...here we go again. We made it to a ridge just above the spring and started glassing...where the hell did he go? I look off to our left at about 100 yds he is moving up the ridge away from the spring. Aaron setup with his .243 and his stix, I ask him if he's ready...thump thump thump...My heart was racing. I whistled to stop the buck...right behind a yucca. We waited a few seconds as he started moving again. I whistled again and he stopped. "Shoot him!",....Bang! My heart jumped. He's not a monster, but if you've ever hunted the desert you know it's tough down here. Aaron took him with one shot at 125yds right into the front left shoulder. The buck had no idea what happened. This will be the best tasting deer I will ever eat...well until Derek gets old enough to start hunting.
downsized_1124090930.jpg

Bill

NRA
USW #5282

GOOD JOB Aaron congrats and one hell of a shot good job kid now lets go kill some geese chuck

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom