Acceptable Hotel in Rawlins

tracker12

Very Active Member
I'll be in Rawlins starting the 25th for a week antelope hunt. Can someone recommend a clean cheap hotel you would stay in.

Bring sunglasses and a wind breaker.....it is windy there. There are a couple newer hotels on the east end of Rawlins with a McDonalds and gas stations right there. Good luck on your hunt.

Comfort Inn. Clean. Breakfast is weak, it's under renovation, rooms are nice, new mattresses.

Last edited:
When I am in Rawlins I stay at the Comfort Inn. It is mid-level in price and clean. There are a couple of other hotels very close to the Comfort Inn that should be good also. You have better make reservations somewhere ASAP.

"Cheap" hotels are inexpensive for a reason. Good luck.

When I am in Rawlins I stay at the Comfort Inn. It is mid-level in price and clean. There are a couple of other hotels very close to the Comfort Inn that should be good also. You have better make reservations somewhere ASAP.

"Cheap" hotels are inexpensive for a reason. Good luck.
Agreed! Right on ? target there. ASAP on reservations!! Best of luck !
Jerry Gold in Windsor, Colorado ???

I actually just booked an Airbnb place. For a place to sleep after a DAY OF HUNTING or fishing I couldn't beat the price.

+1 on Airbnb

I almost always stay in an Airbnb instead of some hotel/motel, for sure with this C-19 gig still hanging around

Robb

I stayed in the little cabins at the KOA on my hunt there a few years ago, it's still camping almost, they have a community kitchen(outdoors) and tables and a shower so you can get by with bringing a lot less stuff, heading out next week myself for Rawlings, bringing a trailer this time, good luck on your hunt

I was just there on the 1st and stayed in an Airbnb for $50/night. Going back on the 23rd and staying at the econo lodge.
Only reason to not stay at an Airbnb is you pay for set days whether you leave early or not. Airbnb makes it easy to work up elk and antelope.

I booked an Airbnb. I considered the early check out but for the cost of the place it was still more economical

Good for you tracker

Private parking, no goofballs in the room next to ya or above ya, so much more relaxing----

You can clean and prep your harvested meat right there and pack it in ice for travel, ect.

Enjoy,

Robb

Robb
You do bring up the point I didn't really think about and thats the goofballs next door or worse yet drunks banging the doors in the hallway all night.

I stayed in the little cabins at the KOA on my hunt there a few years ago, it's still camping almost, they have a community kitchen(outdoors) and tables and a shower so you can get by with bringing a lot less stuff, heading out next week myself for Rawlings, bringing a trailer this time, good luck on your hunt
You really do need to explain your avatar someday.

You really do need to explain your avatar someday.

My Avitar is a rattlesnake being eaten by a King Snake, I was able to see it personally while out hiking it was pretty impressive, to say the least, because the rattler was thicker than the king and almost as long, the Kingsnake got almost all of it in, but just stopped with about 4" left to stick out, I don't know what happened in the end because I finally left.

WY 21 Antelope.jpg

Specific to the hotels in Rawlins, I would NOT recommend the Econo Lodge.

I stayed there for one night in September 2021 because I needed a room from 10:00 pm until 8: am the next morning. I called around and they were the cheapest....for a reason!

A couple of issues:
1. The water in the shower was scalding hot.
2. The control knobs on the bathtub/shower were loose and weren't "dialing" correctly. (Much like a cheap scope, lots of play and horrible return to zero!) Obviously, this made item #1 above exponentially worse!
3. The in-room HVAC unit was exceptionally loud and the room was uncomfortably hot; I turned on the AC to cool things down a bit, and the noise from the AC unit was so bad it made it difficult to sleep!
4. Breakfast the following morning was a brown-bag, "grab-and-go" deal, (which is fine.) The provided apple juice was, indeed, cold, but upon opening, the entire inside of the juice cup was filled with mold. The chocolate chip oatmeal bar was also expired.

I was just there on the 1st and stayed in an Airbnb for $50/night. Going back on the 23rd and staying at the econo lodge.
Only reason to not stay at an Airbnb is you pay for set days whether you leave early or not. Airbnb makes it easy to work up elk and antelope.
Would be interested to hear about your experience at the Econo Lodge, Bob....to see how it compared to mine!

Been here for a week, one more night to go. Only used the room air for one night, somewhat loud but on par with other motels using the same type unit. Cold water handle was loose. Had the grab n go once, no mold but not real good.

Bucks was good a few years ago, bad earlier this month.
I like the Aspen House. Met the Fresh Tracks crew there last night, randy said it was the best meal he’s had in Rawlins.
2nd best has been peppermill. That’s where I’d take him if he just wants a burger.

Last edited:
Thanks guys . I’m wanting this to be a good trip for him seeing how it’s his first big game hunt. First time out of state. Missed getting a youth tag in Nevada

Specific to the hotels in Rawlins, I would NOT recommend the Econo Lodge.

I stayed there for one night in September 2021 because I needed a room from 10:00 pm until 8: am the next morning. I called around and they were the cheapest....for a reason!

A couple of issues:
1. The water in the shower was scalding hot.
2. The control knobs on the bathtub/shower were loose and weren't "dialing" correctly. (Much like a cheap scope, lots of play and horrible return to zero!) Obviously, this made item #1 above exponentially worse!
3. The in-room HVAC unit was exceptionally loud and the room was uncomfortably hot; I turned on the AC to cool things down a bit, and the noise from the AC unit was so bad it made it difficult to sleep!
4. Breakfast the following morning was a brown-bag, "grab-and-go" deal, (which is fine.) The provided apple juice was, indeed, cold, but upon opening, the entire inside of the juice cup was filled with mold. The chocolate chip oatmeal bar was also expired.
5. The tub/shower did not drain. (I left this one off my earlier post.) Spent two weeks in the backcountry, came out and spent one night at the hotel. Took one shower, and the water in the tub was up past my ankles in dirty water by the time I was done showering.

Airbnb worked out well. It was off the main drag on WY street. Full two bedroom apartment on ground floor. Was able to clean the goat bag it and get it frozen in the Fridge, At at Bucks a couple nights and it was OK. Friendly guys at the bar and a good close hangout.

Well the Baymont was just ok. Shower jacked up and entry keys would never work. Ate at Bucks and it was pretty good along with Shogunzz pizza. Great trip and the grandson filled his first deer tag
Sounds like a great trip. Be sure to post up some pics.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom