Advice on Tripod

GilaJeff

I just bought a pair of Zeiss 15x56 binoculars for an upcoming late Kaibab deer hunt. I thought I would poll you all to see what the recommendations are out there for a stable tripod that will work well with the bino's. I currently use a Manfrotto befree for my spotting scope. This combo works ok for backcountry hunts as it was intended. As for my new Zeiss, weight and size are less important. What is your favorite bipod for all day glassing with 15x56 or similar binoculars?

The new Carbon fiber vortex tripods are nice especially if you’re tall. I just picked up black ovis for my pack. Seems stable with my 15s on it

Another vote for the VA5. I attached it to a SLIK Pro CF-635 (for backpacking) and this combination has no problems holding my 15x binos steady.

I read enough positive comments on the VA-5 that I ordered one yesterday. I will look into the Slik tripods now. I appreciate everyone's input!!!

who makes the VA5? is this sold thru Camera Land too?
Also is this better than a ball head?

Thanks In advance,

Last edited:
who makes the VA5? is this sold thru Camera Land too?
Also is this better than a ball head?

Thanks In advance,
Some company called Sirui, and I did see Cameraland carries the VA 5. It is a fluid head and I had been advised in the past to go with a fluid head over a ball head for sporting applications.

excellent, thanks for the info...I'm in the market too, have some Cabela bucks to spend but might have to spend them on something else (oh rats) cause I dont think they carry this brand...

Slik tripods are on sale now. Cameraland, GoHunt, etc. Great timing :)

Pretty steep discount on the 824CF model. From $319 to $149 at Cameraland.
Thanks for the heads up, just ordered one from Cameraland. Great price. Got a Promaster SPCH20 head for it on advice from Neil there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom