Africa is possible

T

toolman

Africa is more than a dream.I wanted to go on a great hunt with my two sons before I get to old so I checked into Africa. 7 anamals are about half the cost of one trophy elk hunt.We checked into it out of curiosity. We looked at about 35 outfitters and narrowed it down to two. One in Namibia and one in South Africa for plains game. After adding up all the costs Liam Urry Safaris of South Africa gave us the best bang for our buck. I am looking at 1-Kudu 1-Zebra 1-Black Wildebeest 1-Impala 1-Springbuck 1-Warthog and 1-Baboon all for under 5000.00. We were looking for a place that would be just us in the lodge.They only do small groups up to 10. If you are interested in looking into Africa for 2011 or 2012 Liam Urry will be in the states on Feb 15TH. He is on his way to Denver but said he would stop in Salt Lake if I had a small group that was interested. He would answer any questions you have and show a DVD. This will be at my home in West Valley City, Utah. If you are interested call Lloyd at 801-831-5078 Website is lusafaris.co.za

Looking at that guys Web site, each animal has a "trophy fee" on top of the hunting price as well. I may be mistaken, but that is going to add a fair amount to the overall cost and does not even include the shipping costs to get the head,cape home.

The way we are doing it is to have all shoulder mounts done by Black Bear Taxidermy in South Africa. It is about half the cost of the states and that pays for the shipping. We have seen their work. They use glass eyes and know what an Africa animal should look like. The cost of freight is about 2000.00 but you don't pay that or 50% of the taxidermy until it ships. Most will tell you it is about 12 months after your Safari.

Their daily rates are about as cheap as you will find. They cut us a little better deal because there are 7 of us going.
1-PH X 1 hunter 300.00 per day
1-Ph X 2 hunters 250.00 per day
observer 175.00 per day
They are very good to work with and will make you your own package deal. 50% down to hold your dates the balance when your Safari is over.

You can get some African hunts pretty cheap any more. It's the trophy fees and the airfare that will bite the ol wallet. I have some friends going the end of July this year and they have been watching for airfare. The cheapest so far has been $2800 per person. Ouch!

It's always an adventure!!!

Your right, but I don't see it giting any cheaper. I have to go while I am still young enough. We thought about going next year but who knows what prices will be then?

Yes,His exact words to me was if hunts can be booked I will make it worth your while. I am sure he will do the same for anyone willing to send some busness his way.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom