Ahhhh, just beautiful

feddoc

Long Time Member
Not only is it beautiful, but it came with the only guarantee RELH had for a 360 or better bull.

20200526_104447.jpg

Yep, and when you break it in on that bull, we demand a photo of the animal and your bloody hands. Have a great hunt this year and the years to come.
RELH

Tell me more about the handle its gorgeous! I'm a exotic wood nut I just installed Brazilian tiger wood ship lap in my man cave and it really pops !

Ok Doc you beat me to the punch...It's beautiful that CocoBolo wood is something. Mine will be here in a couple of days can't wait.
Nice of you to rub it in though...LOL knew you would.

Guardrail I got that wood from DeerHunter 53. The cocobolo wood was cut in the early 60's and installed as hardwood flooring in a lawyer's office in the Bay area of CA. Must of been a high priced lawyer!
It is the most colorful cocobolo that I have ever seen and I would described it as "exhibition grade" wood. I am beginning to wonder if that grade is no longer available as the best trees were cut down 60 years ago. I could be wrong.
I had to send photos to "Cook's Wood" in Oregon for them to identify it as being cocobolo wood from Southern Mexico or Central America. Cook's wood is a large supplier of exotic wood and imports over 200 different species of wood.
That wood is very hard and dense and rivals Sonora Desert hardwood for hardness and density. No finish is needed, just sand to 400 grit and polish on the buffing wheel.
RELH

Tell me more about the handle its gorgeous! I'm a exotic wood nut I just installed Brazilian tiger wood ship lap in my man cave and it really pops !

I can't tell you anything about the wood other than it looks great on that knife.

Beautiful knife feddoc, I bought one from Relh last year, same model with a Rams horn handle. I have never had a knife feel so good in my hand and it really holds an edge. Cocobolo sure has some colors going on, beautiful

Hey Doc I am getting mine this week, it is already sent can't wait to see it.
His handles fit nicely into your hand and the blades are super sharp.. I now have two

That wood is very hard and dense and rivals Sonora Desert hardwood for hardness and density. No finish is needed, just sand to 400 grit and polish on the buffing wheel.
RELH
Are you speaking of ironwood in this comparison? I cut a lot of it with a chainsaw. Blade gets a little warm. LOL

Beautiful knives as always.

I’m going to order one today to give to my son when he comes home to help on my NV deer hunt. So hard to choose as they’re all beautiful

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom