Air drop

Bookhead

Very Active Member
Is there any services in wyoming that will air drop hunters. Mostly looking in the sheridan area. Thanks

Be aware that you cant be dropped anywhere in the wilderness. No motor travel of Any kind. Lots of horses a guy could rent in those parts ill bet.

And the game warden if your where I am thinking. He pretty much protects the landowners in the area I am thinking.

Not sure how that all works but I would think if it public land and you can get in there by air drop I’d be willing to say you could go without any talking to anyone, especially anything that has to do with the landowners crying, it’s not there’s and they keep us off there land so they can bite it!! There are some good landowners out there that work with sportsmen but the ones that don’t ?

Interesting question. It is specifically prohibited in Idaho, unless at an established landing strip. Says so in the regs.

As for Wyoming, Section 12 of General Regs says it is prohibited to scout or harvest from aircraft, but public transport only IS allowed. I spent the last week camping and fishing with all my BLM and USFS retired managers, from OR, ID, UT, and CA, and they didn't think it would be in WY either. Said to check with the Sheridan area D/FO manager and reference the range management plan (RMP) for vehicle use on a roadway.

Ok to air drop on BLM.
Not ok on USFS.
Call Office of State Lands and Investments on specific state land parcel.

Pretty sure Dan Pickar did this type of hunt on landlocked public ground. Flew in and out and hunted the public.

Same thing could be true if someone wanted to access land with a chute plane? In Alaska, Canada, and elsewhere you are required to wait so may hours after flying in to hunt. Alaska also made it illegal a few years ago to spot game from the air during the hunting season. There are a pile of different regs and each state is a little different. Also, the B&C may not accept entries if they don't believe it is "fair chase".

I thought he was hunting Wyoming on the fly in hunt, maybe not?

Im sure it was more than once. I been watching episodes on amazon prime and i just watched an older episode where they dropped into camp. It was outfitter that dropped them into the landlocked area

Randy's hunt was in Montana, on BLM I believe. I know a couple guys who have done this in the past here in Wyoming. Surrounding landowners throw a fit like they own the public. One rancher drove his truck in front of the plane on take off and actually got away with it. No one was hurt.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom