AK Moose recommendations

marley

Very Active Member
My brother and I are really wanting to do a drop camp style moose hunt together in 2021 or 2022. We'd prefer a drop camp instead of a float trip. I've heard a lot of great things about Papa Bear and have looked extensively into using them. But I also see 40 mile air and Tok Air Services popping up a lot in my searches. It looks like Tok and 40 mile both fly out of the same place and probably hunt some of the same areas. My question is, 40 mile is $3500 and Tok is $7000, why such a difference in price? Is Tok that much better or more successful or.....? Anyone have any experience hunting with either one of them and how was your experience.

You will not get in with 40 mile. Repeat clients only. Papa has a great reputation. Sportsmanship air too.

I would not hesitate to call 40 Mile Air. You may not get a ridgetop hunt, but they have moose hunts each year for first time clients. If you are flexible it helps to get on a cancellation list and they may just call you. I just finished a trip with Tok Air and won't be going with him again. He has been quoting people much higher prices in the near future. Don't be married to that area, either. There are lots of areas in Alaska and it'll take some research and reaching out to people, but keep after it and you'll get one!

Was the trip with Tok that bad? Was thinking about going with him, but after reading the thread on another forum, my search continues.

We had a good time, but we had a few red flags that would prevent us from going with him again. He has a great success rate and his hunters bag some dandy bulls

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom