Al Gore is an idiot

H

huntsonora

THis is why I dont like the guy.

POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION INCREASE AFTER 'TRUTH'
Mon Feb 26 2007 17:16:14 ET

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore?s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore?s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh?more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh?guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore?s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore?s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore?s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore?s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

?As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,? said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

For Further Information, Contact:
Nicole Williams, (615) 383-6431
[email protected]

Looks like "Conserve" only applies to everyone else and not Mr. Gore. But who cares right! He is an "A" lister in Hollywood circles now, what with his Oscar and all.

What a douche. My Dad knew him and his Dad when we lived in Tennessee in the early 70's and has always said that there is something seriously wrong with their whole family.

Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-07 AT 07:58PM (MST)[p]This is the same jagoff that cried about tobacco while holding stock in RJ Reynolds.

And talk about an inconvenient truth, his family made a fortune growing the evil leaf.

Maybe Gore and Moore can get together and collaborate on new film,

"Bowling for Marlboro's".

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-07 AT 09:15PM (MST)[p]Funny no word from "T" or "Dude" on this yet????

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Can you imagine if he'd have won the presidency where we'd by today? I can't imagine a world with this nutjob in any position of power.

What a total freaking hypocrite!

dead, What's to say? we live in a capitalist society and Gore is cashing in like anyone else would do. it isn't like he's the first hypocrite we've ever seen guys . look at your supposed gay hating republicans like Cheney and Karl Rove. they love their gay daughter and gay father but use gay hate as a political tool, they're better than Gore? if Gore lived in a van down by the river with no electricity and no gas to drive his van you'ld call him a nut job. you don't like him or his message so he can't win , I'm not 100% sold on his message but I don't hold it agaist him that he's successful.

Nobody is holding Gores success against him. I am pissed off that he wants to mandate how the rest of us use power and tell us how he is so "green" (wipe a little better next time) and his "carbon footprint" is 20 times that of the average man. How about putting in those squiggly lightbulbs that all of us are supposed to use or turning up your thermostat like you preach to the rest of us? I dont expect to see the former VP on a bus but how about combining a couple of those private jet trips into one or maybe web-conference once in a while.
I personally dont care because I think the "man made" part of global warming is crap, but leave me and my energy use the hell alone Al Gore.

Here is something to think about on this "warming trend" thing that has everyone up in arms over.

Natural catastrophe
EDITOR: Sea levels have already risen 426 feet since the last ice age peaked 18,000 years ago, or an average of 29 inches every century for 180 centuries. The rate of increase was much higher in the first 10,000 years after the peak, much lower in the last 8,000 years.

Various studies have shown sea levels have risen 4 to 7 inches in the past century. A very precise Australian study pegged the rise at six inches, with the rate of increase higher in the first half of the 20th Century.

Even the U.N.'s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) only forecast a rise of 7 to 23 inches by 2100, quite a bit less than Al Gore's 20 feet, which leaves Al with 18 to 19 feet in his mouth.

Continuous records of temperatures since 1790 show a steady increase of 0.6 C (1.1 F) each century since accurate record keeping began in 1790. Temperature records also show it was warmer in the 1930-40's, and that the most dramatic temperature increase in a decade occurred 1819-1828. The best measurements of global air temperatures come from American weather satellites, which go back to 1979, and they show no overall change since 1999.

This is not to deny global warming exists -- just to say that it's natural, not man-made.

They are all hypocrites and you can't trust any of them ( both sides ).

I don't care if you are rich or famous. Just don't act like all the average people are to stupid to do things on their own. I don't need you to tell me how to spend my money or run my house.

Al Gore - His house uses 20 times the power a normal house uses. I'm sure he and his wife don't drive around in a little Toyota Prius.

John Edwards - wants to tax the hell out of people because there are two Americas. Rich America and Poor America. He talks about this while his new 29,000 SF house on 100 acres is being built.

U2 (Bono) - Trying to talk the US government into donating an additional 1% of its budget ( your taxes ) to help end poverty. This is while U2 set up their accounts in the Netherlands to avoid taxes that could be used to help poor people. the three musicians have paid just $7.2 million in taxes on earnings of $450 million that they have channeled through Amsterdam ? a tax rate of about 1.5 percent, well below the British rate of 40 percent.

If your rich I don't care. Just don't think I am to stupid to help people and take care of myself without your help.

....And each shall rise to his highest level of incompetence.

Comrade Gorski, however, takes this to an art form unequaled in the modern era.

No, we commoners, truly, "can't touch this."

I was scared to death of that S.O.B.
He would have had a laundry list of environmentalists and anti hunting organizations feeding out of his hand.
I think we would have lost all kinds of hunting opportunities if he had his way.
HH

What don't you understand? Gore is an elite. The rules don't apply to the elite, only the little people, the peasants. Remember that anti-gun Senator Diane Feinstein? She is willing to outlaw and ban all guns . . . but she has private body guards following her around who are well armed. The little people don't need guns, they can just die when threatened. She, however, is important and must have guns to protect herself, as her continued existence is vital to national interests. The rules apply to others, not to the elite. So . . . when the elite tell us we have to address global warming they mean the hoi poloi have to reduce their production of greenhouse gases, the unwashed masses, not the nobles and princes and senators's sons and Hollywood movie stars.

I love it!! Zumbo sticks his foot in his mouth and he's castrated by his own community. Gore makes a mockery of his cause and they give hime an Oscar!

Now ,Now guys you might be talking about your next president. there's talk Gore may run in '08 and with Hollywood, the enviro's, tons of money promised if he runs, he's nominated for a Nobel prize not to mention he's already won the popular vote once he could clean house. short of a miracle a dem will take the whitehouse in '08 the question is which one? choose your poison, it might be Gore.

I don't like him because he's a liar!!!! Do you need any more then that??? It doesn't matter what anyone else does, says, believes,etc.... He's a freaking LIAR!!! IT DEOSN'T MATTER WHAT POLITICAL PARTY HE'S FROM HE'S A LIAR. It doesn't matter what race he is...He's a LIAR!!!!Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the problem with the rich politicians, it only applies to the poor & average Joe, so what else is new the middle class have held this economy together for e'ons..

I don't know if he's a liar or not. so what, name one politician who isn't. right now we have Scooter on the ropes and Shooter in the locker room, may have a mistrial but there will be verdict even if they have to start over. we already know Cheney lied it's just to be decided if it was criminal or not. they all do it don't single Gore out.

I don't support al gore. I don't even like the guy. That said, he travels less today as a result of his knowledge, and does more to consider his personal impacts than he use too. Sure his personal household eats up carbon, but his carbon foot print nets zero if you consider he is using the power of the economy to offset his impacts by banking carbon.

What's wrong with purchasing consent? What's wrong with buying your way in a legal and benificial system? There are people who destroy wildlife habitat but then buy extravagant hunts all over the world, then have their photos show up in conservation minded magazines, are they wrong too?

I'm sure some will argue about this, but it's the capitalistic system at its best, and "cap-n-trade" is supported by EVERY republican and most democrats in our congress. There are wetland banks to buy into if you destroy a wetland, there are limits on SO2 that are controlled by the market -- buy and sell on the "open" market -- there are all sorts of mitigation measures that allow us to develop while maintaining our economic status while NOT bankrupting our system, kind of creative if you ask me.

So, while Gore may be a hypocrite because he does not change his personal energy use, he does balance it with offsets and that's a function of economics ? the very economics that most of you support.

Sure, Gore, like most of us, could likely do more, but how much more if he's already carbon neutral? I happen to believe he should do less to impact the environment, but at the end of the day, he lives a net zero CO2 lifestyle. I cant do that, because I cant afford the offsets.

I think it's more damning to publish half a story than it is live a net zero CO2 lifestyle. . . After all, he's using the system that most of you real patriots say is the best system in the history of mankind . . .

Pbear, my dad was a fireman. . . My dad can beat up your dad. . . LOL - sand box. . .

Kfish, knock knock on your melon, news flash coming, pay attention,

THEY ALL LIE!!!!!!!!!!! IF THATS YOUR STANDARD YOU COULD NOT POSSIBLY SUPPORT ANYONE IN THE WHITHOUSE -- EVER!

This thread is great!
It covers, Global Warming, Zumbo, even Al Gore all in one thread!
This will be entertaining to watch, LOL

There are only two types of people - The Hunters and the hunted,
I hunt.
Alchase

So... the theory he is pushing wouldn't matter if we could all bank enough carbon to offset our usage and eliminate our carbon footprint? We could just use as much as we want and global warming would stop?

Sorry, I don't buy it. If he were truly committed to his cause, I mean beyond trying to impress Hollywood and win an Oscar, then he would live in a hut made of dirtand not burn any wood nor eat any meat nor invest in oil futures and Occidental Oil like he does and his family has for the last two generations. If he were the truly committed leader he would lead us all in an effor to reduce our carbon footprint by example and everyone would see him for the nutcase he is.

Now, I am not saying that there is no concern on his part for improving the future and reducing global warming. Of course he cares about it. He does so much that he tied his 2000 presidential hopes to it and it cost him votes, now he is trying to reap the benefits of the theory he attached himself to. And whether he believes it or not, whether it is valid or not is beside the point - he is a career politician - which means he is in it for the BLOODY MONEY! Why else would anyone spend over 250 million dollars, $80 million of it his very own, to get a job that pays $600,000.00 per year?

Now I know I am being overly cynical, there are some politicians that are in office because they want to serve their country and the world and are true patriots in the most altruistic sense. However I fear they are few and far between and it is getting worse. I don't trust most politicians and I don't feel I can trust Al Gore one little bit. I never ever have, even though I did vote for him and Clinton in '96 - they were the better team at the time. I also think he is sounding an alarm a lot more loudly than it needs to be sounded for his own personal gain.

I don't fear golbal warming. I don't fear that man is causing it because I don't believe it. I don't feel we have enough data to judge it. This is clearly a phenoenom that has been occurring long before records and data were accurately kept. Current methods of capturing centuries old data (i.e. ice core samples, sandstone analysis of wind and rain patterns) seem to be promising and are going to reveal a lot more surprising data than we think.

I believe in God and that he is the Creator of this earth and that this earth and the people on it have a great eternal destiny to fulfill and that God, who is in control of everything, will assure that that eternal destiny will be fulfilled - despite all we can do to stop it - when it is ready to be fulfilled and not a minute sooner. It is His plan and He will bri. That being said, I do believe that we have been given a stewardship over the earth and its resources and that man can have a severe negative impact on the land that will bring forth consecuences that we are not prepared to deal with. So what are we to do? All we can - given our own unique circumstances and by using our good sound judgement. The earth is in commotion. There are more earthquakes and active volcanoes today than there has been in all of recorded history. The Colorado Plateau, which turns counterclockwise, at a rate of about 1/4 inch per year, has been turning noticeably and uplifting faster over the last few million years. All the prophecies concerning the plagues of the last days will be fulfilled and yes, for a while there will be a lot of misery. We are at the doorstep of those days and I think the phenomenon that has been entitled "golbal warming" is just another sign of the times. If you are scared, get your house in order. If you want to know how I'm doing that, send me a PM - I'd love to chat with you.

The bottom line is - there is too much out there for us to control to make it worth our while to worry about it all. Yes Al Gore is an idiot and he probably picks his nose and eats his boogers too, but at the end of the day, whether he picks his nose or wins an Oscar for his movie about Global Warming, it really doesn't matter. We are all the same and are all subject to the same judgements according to the knowledge we have been given. So lets use that knowledge to make ourselves and our planet better. Don't litter, don't leave you lights on when your not there, use better principles to get better gas mileage in your car - but not because someone who lost a presidential election tells you to, but because it is the right thing to do.
UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

That is pretty disappointing. I don't know a lot about Gore's living situation, the only reasonable explanation would be if he had many family members living with him that accounted for that usage -probably a stretch. If your going to preach, you'd better practice too, or look foolish....

What I want is to be able to swim in algore's heated swimming pool. But he probably think I would p#! in it....naw I would never do that.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

"So, while Gore may be a hypocrite because he does not change his personal energy use, he does balance it with offsets and that's a function of economics ? the very economics that most of you support.

Sure, Gore, like most of us, could likely do more, but how much more if he's already carbon neutral? I happen to believe he should do less to impact the environment, but at the end of the day, he lives a net zero CO2 lifestyle. I cant do that, because I cant afford the offsets."

I get it now. The average American can't afford it either.......but we can all be CO2 neutral, from all the "carbon neutral capital" Al Gore should be able to provide. I like that idea.......Do a little more Al.

Rackster, your logic is flawed, we are talking about al gore, right? NOT the rest of us lowlifes. . .

The whole carbon neutral is a bunch of bull crap. All it means is that I will keep doing what I want. I will just plant a couple of trees and give money to companys that are researching other energy sources. I am sure he is endorsed or got donations by the companys he uses.

It's just a way to sound like your s##t don't stink.

Hey Craig, does that mean you also think that cap and trade and wetland banking and the other economically viable mitigation programs like SO2 trading are BS too? Tell us, what do you base your opinion on? Give us an indication of your experience with environmental and natural resource trading programs.

Are you one of those who think global warming is BS just because you do, or is there a scientific basis for your position?

If I go to Burger King and eat a double cheeseburger but on the way home I stop at a diet research center and donate $5.00 to their research does that make me Calorie neutral for the day.

Hell no i still ate the cheeseburger.

This is just a question, I really don't know the answer but does Gore drive and electric car? I sounded as if he did. If he does indeed drive one and charges it, that would explain a lot. Not making excuses for him but that would be a valid reason.

Al Gore has a Hybrid Lexus SUV

TFinalshot

I could show you a hundred articals that global warming is BS and you could show me a hundred articals that global warming is real. It just depends on what you believe.

If al gore is the mouth for global warming he could do more then say wont worry about it because I am carbon neutral.

Maybe Goerge Bush should call Al and give him some advise.

Evidently his Crawford Winter White House has 25,000 gallons of rainwater storage, gray water collection from sinks and showers for irrigation, passive solar, geothermal heating and cooling. ?By marketplace standards, the house is startlingly small,? says David Heymann, the architect of the 4,000-square-foot home. ?Clients of similar ilk are building 16-to-20,000-square-foot houses.? Furthermore for thermal mass the walls are clad in "discards of a local stone called Leuders limestone, which is quarried in the area. The 12-to-18-inch-thick stone has a mix of colors on the top and bottom, with a cream- colored center that most people want. ?They cut the top and bottom of it off because nobody really wants it,? Heymann says. ?So we bought all this throwaway stone. It's fabulous. It's got great color and it is relatively inexpensive.? Hmm, back to that vote about the Greenest President? ::eek:ff Grid via ::EcoRazzi

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom