Alaska Adventure Outfitters

txgirl300

Does anyone have experience with AAO? I’ve talked to the owner Ryan a few times and seems like a legit company. I’m considering booking a moose hunt with them first week of September 2024. I would appreciate any feed back good or bad thanks!

if you book with them I highly recommend you get in on one of their moose spots in unit 17. They also operate in 16 and the population there is really down the last few years.

Thanks SS!. That’s one question I never took into consideration. In your opinion is that first week a good time frame?

Thanks SS!. That’s one question I never took into consideration. In your opinion is that first week a good time frame?
I used to think the first week wouldn’t be good because it’s more pre rut. But over the years I’ve come to believe the first week might be better than the last week. You get towards the height of the rut and the big boys have a bunch of cows and are not moving. Early season you’re more likely to catch a big bull cruising. Just make sure to get in a spot where you can see a few different valleys. Get up early and hunt all day. Keep a quiet camp, this is important. Moose are very active at night and have great hearing. Avoid campfires until you kill one. Then party! It’s a great feeling getting a bull on the ground.

I have not made a trip with Ryan yet, but I know him and think the world of him. He is working hard and seems to be building a great company. He is legit. Someday I will go up there with him!

Thanks for the the helpful information I really appreciate it! Ryan said the hunt would be In unit 20A.
20A moose numbers are way down. If you’re on the eastern part of 20A I would recommend going elsewhere. I heard the Western part isn’t doing too bad.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom