Alberta mule deer

6356image.jpg

Great bucks. Congrats to both you and the hunters. Looks a little wintry for November. Are you guys doing OK with this blast of cold weather? What part of Alberta?

Thanks for posting. Love those big Canadian bucks.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-10-13 AT 01:40PM (MST)[p]Thank you. November was mild temp wise and snow fall. December started out fairly cold but weather is starting to break. The worst part of cold weather is when the wind blows. We are located in central alberta thank goodness there is bush so the game have some refuge from the wind. Locknload outfitting alberta should find 2012 website unfortunately I am still in heavy thoughts about updating it every year. Draws a lot of attention to a small outfitting company that just does not need it

It's hard to believe that this was a cancellation hunt because some fool didn't think there were mule deer in Alberta. Proof is in the pictures...as the top buck is mine. To set the records straight...the second buck is larger by a few inches and yes, they are both good bucks...no matter where they came from. Whitetailslayer runs a good outfit and just hope he keeps it low key and gets hunters that want to hunt and not just kill. I saw two bucks larger than the one I took (but the tag was already punched so, just had to look and drool. This was a combo hunt and we tried hard for a good whitetail but it was post rut and the good bucks were laying low and in the brush. Saw tons of small bucks but when I cleared customs in Edmonton....several of the bucks I turned down would have put the ones I saw coming out of Sask. to shame. All in all...it was a good and fun hunt. Thanks Kevin and JD for a good time. Hope to return in 2015 God willing and space available.

Love those huge body deer, Great racks on those bucks.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

What's the hunting like? Ground blinds? Spot and stalk or run n' gun?
Just curious b/c i'm interested in going but don't want to go to a puppy mill type operation with a jillion other guys in camp.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom