Alberta snow bear

B

BaseCampArchers

LAST EDITED ON May-31-09 AT 11:53AM (MST)[p] Well the season has started good so far for the Base Camp Archers. If your wondering, were just a couple guys who love to DIY hunt and be in the outdoors. We are planning to have our first video produced by late winter or early spring next year. This video will hopefully have some exciting hunts. A spring bear hunt in Alberta and Idaho, antelope in Idaho, mule deer back in Alberta, elk in Oregon, elk and mule deer in Idaho to name a few. We will have a website coming soon at www.basecamparchers.com. The website will consist at first with a blog and forum along with a store consisting of shirts, hats and other apparel containing our logo which we think you will really like. Will post when it's up and running.
Your probably wondering DIY in Alberta? Well I'm fortunate enough to have relatives up there through my marriage(God Bless my wife)so her Uncle was able to have us as a Hunter Host. This hunt was a great opportunity and we had an awesome time. The weather played a big part on our success, but we were able to harvest a really good bear. With most of our 9 days consisting of rain, SNOW and wind the hunts were tough. The baits just weren't getting hit hard and the bears wouldn't move around. The day this bear was harvested it snowed 6 inches. The bait was hit the night before and wiped out. We filled it back up and sat on it for 5 hrs in a ground blind with freezing conditions. This nice black sow finally came in (5 1/2 ft) and was taken. We recovered her at 80 yrds.
Hope you enjoy the pic (sorry it's so big, still working on uploading features) and our season continues with more success. Thanks
Ralph and Brian BASE CAMP ARCHERS
4a22c39a2c782369.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom