All Durmax Owners

Ropinfool

Very Active Member
I'm thinking of buying one and was wondering what kind of fuel mileage you guys are getting? empty and hauling?

Do you recommend them?

Thanks

I'm geting 16.2 empty thats in town and freeway.loaded with Quad and all our hunting gear i get almost the same,but loaded and pulling my boat up and down hills i"m getting around 14.I really thought i"d get the same pulling the boat.

I get about 15 to 16 running around town. I get about 19 to 20 on the hwy going 75 to 80 miles per hour. If i keep it at 65 i can get 21 miles per gallon. Great truck all the way around.

I have the 2007.5 (later in the year, extra EPA stuff) 4x4 double cab with 285's and it gets about 16 MPG unless I keep the speed below 65.

Pulling a 5000lb travel trailer it gets 7.5 to 9 MPG.

Get on one of the diesel forums and you will find this is the norm for the new ones. You hear about them getting higher than that, but don't count on it. With diesel at $4.00 + it can get real painful in a hurry.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but I was led to believe that it would do a lot better, then I was very disapointed in the mileage.

Other than that one thing, I love the truck. Pulls great

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-08 AT 01:56PM (MST)[p]My Bro-In-Law has one in a 2500HD 4x4 crew cab. We drove it from NC to MT and back in the fall of 2007. There was five of us riding and we were pulling a 12' eclosed trailer with all of our hunting gear inside. We averaged 16mpg. He has the Bully Dog technologies stuff on his.

In 2006 we drove my father-in-laws truck on the same trip. He has the same truck but with the 8100 gas engine and the same group of five with the same trailer and gear averaged 10mpg.

I owned one about three years ago. I was very very disappointed in the power of the motor when pulling a heavy load. needless to say I traded it in for a Ford.

work truck a 07'
and get 15 period, no towing just mostly welding supplies
and lite delivery..
it sucks....the 05'dodge gets 18...
boss want to dump duramax and maybe dodge and buy a mitsubishi 2 ton we have a few already and not sure how the do but they hold 6 pallets each so trips to airport are more efficient!
rm

2003 double cab 2wheel drive, get 22 mpg empty highway, 18 around town, and with 28' fithwheel, and 20' bassboat behind camper, gets 13, and can pass others with this load, plenty of power. Love it, but then I have always been a Chevy guy.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-08 AT 01:22PM (MST)[p]>>>Pulling a 5000lb travel trailer it gets 7.5 to 9 MPG.

wow i get 11- 12 depending on the grades pulling my 5th wheel with plenty of power, i have a ford ,,,,get 15-16 empty,,, but i dont put my foot in it either ,,,,

Have a 2008 Duramax highway and logging roads combined 11 mpg.With the extra pollution control on new ones its the worst deisel I've had the displeasure of owning.

I had a 2004 crew cab 4x4 w/ 4 inch suspension lift and 35" BFG's. Had a programable chip and had re-done the air-intake. I still got 10 mpg with the chip and upgraded in-take. Needless to say, I sold it a year ago. Good thing I did cuz fuel is $4.49 here!

Steve

I've got the 07 classic crewcab 2500 4x4.

On highway it gets 18-20 mpg if I stay out of it. less if I start out fast and pass people.

Drove it to mexico pulling a 20' trailer with a toyota pickup highrack, 4 quads, coolers, and lots of gear. 10-11 mpg.

Horse trailer and quad trailers it gets 13-14 with them on.

It's bone stock.

I've had both the Ford Powerstroke, and the Dodge cummins recently, and liked them both, but they both averaged 17-18 highway too.
The Ford cost me thousands to keep it running. Front end, glowpugs, transmission, etc.

The Dodge was awesome, and I never even had a fuse go out. Nothing. but... I traded it on the Duramax, and the dealer called and said they had to have the tranny replaced in the dodge before they could sell it. Also the body was extremely tinny and thin. Still a great truck.

Duramax just turned 30,000 last night. Have had it to the dealer to replace a tranny cooler line that was leaking. No big deal, just a pain to take it in.
The reason I bought the Duramax was for the Allison Transmission, and I think it was sound reasoning. It's definitely tough.

Too bad the big 3 don't make a diesel with more mileage per gallon instead of making bigger motors with worse mileage. I say they all have more than enough power. Let's see some mileage.

I've got an o5' Cummins 6-speed with the Bully Dog programmer and AFE intake with 35" BF's that's been averaging 18 around town and 20 on the hwy. Pulling an 8000 lb travel trailer will range 12-14.

A buddy of mine has a 6.0 Powerstroke set up the exact same way my cummins is (intake,exaust, & programmer) and the best he can ever do is 13.

Another buddy has an 08 Duramax bone stock with 35's and he averages 15.

I'd say if you don't mind manually shifting, go with a 6 speed cummins!

I have a 07 crew cab 4x4 and get about 15-16 not pulling. With the trailer on the mileage shrinks to 9-10mpg. I have to say my horse trailer is very heavy as the last time I went over the scales with only 2 horses it was just shy of 19,000 lbs. The one thing the Chev has going for it is the Alison transmition as it's help breaking coming down the passes saves the breaks. This is the second Duramax/alison I've owened and wouldnt think of pulling these heavy loads with any thing else.
Bryan

Since I'm in the business I'll throw in my two cents.

Bought a few loaded F350 power stroke lariats with low miles a few years ago. Could not sell them to save my life. Apparently too many of my customers have had bad experiences with the engines and trannies. I've even had mechanics at the Ford dealership tell me the Stroker is a POS.I get a lot of feedback from customers on vehicles, good and bad, and I have been surprised how many of them have had major engine or tranny issues during the factory warranty.Gas mileage should be the least of your worries with this truck. Having said that, Ford has one of the best look'n trucks on the road IMO.

GMC & Chevy duramax has the best overall fit and finish hands down. They are number 1 or two in almost every category.Yes, gas mileage could be better but I'd rather spend a little more in gas than spending money on costly mechanical repairs. The seller for me is the ride. There is not a smoother ride on the road.

Dodge cummins is the best bang for your buck.Dodge has two good things going for them. The cummins, and a good look'n body style. Everything else on the truck is just "ok. One of the roughest riding trucks on the market but if ride isn't an issue this is your truck. Best gas mileage of all the deisels wether you are empty or pulling.

Mike

I'm guess'n I'll get blasted by all the ford guys. However, all my coments above are based off of ten years of feed back from ranchers, farmers, contractors, and die hard hunters.

I think the Durmax that are 2007.5 or newer are not going to get the MPG due to new emission stuff. Other than that I think it wins the best all around. IMO.

The 7.5 to 9 MPG pulling a travel trailer is hard to tell why it sucks it down so much. The truck literally pulls it like it isn't even there. It must be the wind that scews up the aerodynamics or something of that nature.

When I want to pass people it's like I am running empty. It doesn't make sense that it would take 40% off the MPG.

I own an 04 duramax crewcab, 33x12.50's and was getting 14-16 miles around town and 18-22 on the freeway going 75-80mph. A buddy of mine is a diesel tec and I asked him if there was anything i could do to my truck to get better gas mileage. I looked up the vin on my truck and found the exact engine that was in mine, and hooked me up with a programmer made by BD performance, " the intimadator. " I am now getting 20mpg around town and 27 on the highway. Needless to say that after 2 months of driving with the new programmer it has paid for itself. He also mentioned that if i put a cold airintake and a catback exhaust that I could push the 26-30mpg around town. I have not done this yet but with the way fuel prices are going it is soon coming. Duramax is the way to go if your even looking into the dissels. Best there is IMO.

Agree with Dale, the pollution add on's are what is hurting the mileage on the new ones, would not buy another one. I have an 05, bought new, mileage was terrible, had the dealer remove the catalytic converter, new larger tail pipes, and chipped it. The thing can breath now, mileage on highway at 75mph is 20, around town 17-18 and pulling 5000lb about 14mpg. My son has a Vmax, which is the 6.0 liter gas for engine, gets 20mpg on hwy empty and about 13 pulling 4000lb trailor. My other son sells chevy's, he tells me that GM is coming out with a V-6 diesel and they are increasing the Vmax to 6.2 liter and the mileage should be the same.

My '02 2500hd crew 4x4 gets 18 empty and the worst fully loaded and HEAVY is 11. My 07.5 2500hd crew 4x4 gets about 14 tops and worse loaded. Buy a used '07 classic and be happy. They will pull anything comfortably but the new body style trucks get terrible milage.

JB

Pushin 30 you sure you're figuring is correct? Are you going by the speedometer with 33's on?

I have an 03 Duramax. I love it. I did get the cold air intake, got rid of the cat. coverter and bigger tail pipes. I also got the programmable edge chip. At first, I was getting intown 16-17 mpgs and 20-22 freeway with all the add ons, alot better than without. But now, for some reason, I am getting worse, 13-14 and 19. I think that I need to send the chip in. My truck is running rich, it has died when I let off the gas and idle.

But after I get it fixed, were good to go.

>I own an 04 duramax crewcab,
>33x12.50's and was getting
>14-16 miles around town and
>18-22 on the freeway going
>75-80mph. A buddy of
>mine is a diesel tec
>and I asked him if
>there was anything i could
>do to my truck to
>get better gas mileage.
>I looked up the vin
>on my truck and found
>the exact engine that was
>in mine, and hooked me
>up with a programmer made
>by BD performance, " the
>intimadator. " I am
>now getting 20mpg around town
>and 27 on the highway.
> Needless to say that
>after 2 months of driving
>with the new programmer it
>has paid for itself.
>He also mentioned that if
>i put a cold airintake
>and a catback exhaust that
>I could push the 26-30mpg
>around town. I have
>not done this yet but
>with the way fuel prices
>are going it is soon
>coming. Duramax is the
>way to go if your
>even looking into the dissels.
> Best there is IMO.
>

yeah right.....LOL....maybe you can fool the fans but not the players.

JB

pushin_30!!!

ANY DAY YOU WANNA CHECK THAT FUEL MILEAGE WE'LL USE MY CALCULATOR!!!

I HEAR OF ALL THESE 24+ MPG DIESELS BUT I'VE NEVER DROVE ONE YET!!!

I'VE DROVE THEM ALL!!!

AND I'M YET TO SEE ANY OF THEM COMPARE TO AN OLDER CUMMINS (02-04 WITH A 100 HORSE CHIP!!!

PULL A 15,000 LB LOAD & STILL GET 14-15 MPG!!!

LOAD YOUR FORDS & CHEVY'S UP WITH THE EXACT SAME LOAD & WE'LL SEE WHO GOES THE FURTHEST ON THE SAME AMOUNT OF FUEL!!!

IMO ALL THE BRAND NEW SMOGGER DIESELS INCLUDING THE DODGES ARE A FRICKEN JOKE!!!

PISS POOR MILEAGE ON ALL OF THEM!!!

AND ONE MORE THING pushin_30!!!

NEXT TIME YOU FIGURE FUEL MILEAGE,FIGURE IT WITH A CALCULATOR INSTEAD OF THE DIGITAL READ OUT!!!

I'VE GOT ONE TRUCK THAT SAYS I GET 23!!!

CHECKED WITH A CALCULATOR & EXACT MILEAGE SHE PULLS 18-19 MPG!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Got an 03 CC 4x4, I am getting 15 in the city and 17 on the highway. Pulling my 5th wheel I am getting 10 to 12 this is with me on the pedal pretty heavy.

Just put 19 gallons in mine, was $83. Yikes!! My 03 CC gets 15-17 in town, 18-21 on the hwy. Depends on how heavy my foot is. Just made the last payment, so I might be able to afford the fuel.

My 2003 Gmc gets about the same as your yours dwalton if I can keep it at 65 or under it has got 21 before going to Colorado once but thats rare.How many miles do you have on your 03.I have 57985 and it has been an ok truck but these fuel prices can about clean out a wallet thats for sure.

I own a 2007 3/4 ton Quad cab with 285's and get roughly 16 no mater where I go or what I pull. I pull Horse trailers, quads and campers all the time and might see a 2 mile flux. I also have the 6 speed Allison. I spend most of my time in Auto but will use the paddle for down hill when hauling. I have never ran into a problem with power but can say that my 2002 Duramax took a crap on me last year. The injectors went out at 110,000 miles and GMC covered them. If you own a pre 04 you may want to have this looked at. If your warranty is up you will spend at least $500 per injector. All in all I would say they are a great truck with more power than the normal guy will use at any given time. I for one haul a lot and have never felt like I needed anymore.

War & Dwalt,
Have you all had to replace you hubs yet? That is a nice little bill especially if you cant do it yourself. I paid 550 just for the hubs.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-08 AT 08:44PM (MST)[p]67000 miles. 65 mph gives me thes best mileage, too.

Edit: No hubs, but I had an electrical short in my steering column that took out the PRNDL switch and a few other minor components. That was an $850 bill. Other than that, no problems.

my '02 has 165k miles, injectors at 65k and 110k...warranty covered no problem, news transfercase at 124k...ran it out of oil......'07.5 has 21k and no problems.

Couldn't be happier with the '02......and the '07.5 except for the milage.

JB

If you're buying a diesel and are concerned about the gas mileage you are better off not buying one and you don't really need one. I have an '07 Duramax Crew Cab with 285's and I get 15 mpg empty and I just pulled a 20' enclosed trailer to Kansas and back and got 8.5 mpg. It costs me about $80-$95 to fill up everytime. They are great trucks with plenty of power. I have more horse power with the '07 than the 06' does chipped. Mine is not chipped by the way. Good luck.

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

8.5 MPG WITH A 20' TRAILER???

WHAT DOES IT GET WITH A 30' TRAILER BEHIND IT???

I BELIEVE AWLB TO BE TELLING THE EXACT TRUTH!!!

EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW IF I'D ADVERTISE THAT KIND OF MILEAGE,LOL!!!

GOOD GAWD IS THAT THE BEST THEY CAN DO???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I have a 05 crew cab, Duramax. It gets 18 on the hiway when driving easy, 16 if I push it. I have a 25 ft toy hauler that is 11,000 lbs. I can pull it as fast as I want to, but I average 9 mpg. If I am in the mtns driving around I get about 14. So far it has been a good truck.

nmelk13,
I have had no hub problems yet how many miles did you have when your hubs went out?Now you have me worried I know there is no way I would attempt to change them would cost me an arm and a leg in labor I do know that.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-08 AT 01:50AM (MST)[p]War- I had 52,000 it really is easy to do. Just need to rent a torque wrench and buy a socket. Trust me they will go out. Might be at 200,000 but they will fail.

D13er- What was your truck doing when the injectors started taking a dump? I am starting to get more knocking noise, no smoke or anything. I want to take it in but dont want to pay 50 bones if nothing is wrong.

nmelk13

My father-in-law had his injectors replaced just before his warranty ran out. He has an '05 Duramax. He said that they have been having quite a problem with the injectors. Oh, and by the way, when they say change your fuel filter at 15,000 miles they mean 15,000 miles. I just had one choke out at 16,000 miles and leave me completely powerless.

www.awholelottabull.com

I have a 98 dodge cummins and it's been a good truck. It's getting to the age where all the little stuff is starting to go out. I think the engine would probably last forever, but the rest of it wasn't made to. I've owned a couple of chevys in the past and always thought they were good trucks. I like the body styles but am not sure about their diesels. I've also owned a ford and had to replace two trannys in it.....won't buy another one. Honestly, I like the toyota tundra's but i don't know if the four doors will pull a gooseneck. The beds seem pretty short.

Thanks for the replies.

Here's a warning if you have or are thinking about getting a K&N air filter.......DONT DO IT!!

I smoked my "mass air flow" sensor (MAF) because of a K&N.
I made a complaint right to K&N because because of what the dealer said caused it, and luckily, K&N was kind enough to pay for 90% of the cost, which was $700.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Being in the business, I have to chuckle at some of the people who buy diesels(nothing against diesels we sell plenty of them). I'd say, some of them folks could get by with a 1/2 ton gas PU and save a lot of money in gas.However, because they are trendy, people buy them.If your pulling loads in excess of 8ooo pounds several times a week, a diesel is probably a good idea. But if you are like me and own a toy hauler that weighs less than 8k and only pull it 6-10 times a year, a 1/2 ton is more than sufficent and gets great gas mileage the 95% of the time I'm not pulling a trailer.

Mike

I couldn't agree with your reply more cabinfever.

Over half if not more of the people i see driving these big, fancy, lifted up, piped and chipped diesels are kids!!

And the biggest load i see them packing around is their shiny new pink CR 250 that's riding in the back!! Lol

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

I pull a 20 ft. goosneck usually with two or three horses pretty often. You are right though....most people who own diesels, don't need them. I'm seriously thinking about going back to a gas engine. You only get your money out of a diesel if you drive a lot of miles in a short time.....100,000 in a year or two.

Ropinfool,

I would take cabin's advice. I have a diesel; love the power etc. but rarely need it. I could get by with a half ton and just
"deal" with pulling a trailer 10 or so times a year.

I run a Super Duty 4 door lifted 6" and 35's, gas engine V-10 and couldn't be happier, i get the best of both worlds.

It get's 12-14 mpg pretty much all the time.
I pull a 20' bass boat, or a 20" Nomad trailer, both fairly light, but it pulls them WAY better than the 460 i had, and with WAY better mileage!

And for the $6000-$8000 difference of the Power Stroke, i can buy a lot of gas for that amount, even at $4 a gallon!!

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

Why do western hunters buy Chevy's???

The ground clearance sucks and even when they are lifted that big ole rear differential is still too low to the ground IMO.

COhunter,
I agree with you. That's the only thing I don't like about my Duramax. The clearance. I had a 2002 F350 crew cab before my Duramax and this Chevy outpulls that truck by a mile and I loved that 7.3 Liter engine. Like somebody mentioned above, the transmission worried me and started to heat up toward the end (even with regular maintanance). In a nutshell, the reason I bought one was for the Duramax/Allison combo. IMO I don't think you can beat that combo. Of course, there are as many oppinions on this subject as there are about what rifle or binos to use. It all comes down to which one suits your needs.

www.awholelottabull.com

Well Bess since my caculator does seems to work quite as good as yours seems to I will let you do the math. I just filled up this AM. and on this tank my trip says 468.4 miles. All miles are driving to and from work with a 5 mile stretch of freeway in between and running unloaded. After putting in $97.50 in the tank @ $4.09 a gallon, if my math is correct that works out to be around 23.8 gallons, You better double check me. If I remember right 468.4 divided by 23.8 is 19.68mpg which is pretty dog gone close to 20mpg. And yes the speedo has been calabrated to the 33" tires. I am not trying to start a pissing match just stated the facts about my duramax, which is what was asked of when this tread was started. However ever vehicle is different, I am getting these results and have been very pleased and have told numerous people what I have done to get this and two of my buddies, one who owns an 06 crew with the same exact tires is only push 16mpg around town. The other has an 05 and is getting around 14.5- 15. Why such differences? The type of motor beteen the three. While all are Duramax's my just so happens to be a LLY and the other two are LB1's. I am sure everyone is getting results that are all over the board, but the numbers speak for themselves. Double check them yourself.

As stated in the original post Ropinfool asked for fuel mileage for duramax owners and if we would recomend them. I stated what I was getting and stated that IMO duramax's were the only way to go. So relax abit and get you calculator out and double check the numbers for me.
Ropinfool
Ford, Dodge, or chevy it is all about what you like and are looking for in a truck.

Thanks BESSY! it's all in good fun

pushin 30!!!

UP THERE ON POST # 18???

YOU'RE CLAIMING 27 OUT ON THE HIGH-WAY!!!

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS!!!

I'VE DROVE SEVERAL DIESELS & NEVER SEEN 27!!!

POST # 49 IS MORE BELIEVABLE!!!

WHAT KIND OD MILEAGE WILL YOUR DURA-MAX PULL WITH A 30,000 LB LOAD BEHIND IT???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

I'll tell you why western hunters buy chevy's. It's because out of the three choices they are the nicest and have Waaaayyy the smoothest ride out on the dirt road. When you spend half your time on dirt the smooth ride is very welcome.

I have owned all three in the last 4 years and the Ford and the Dodge were rougher than hell, and the Ford won't start when it's really cold. That's why I won't have another Ford. I can't afford to be in the driveway cranking on the POS when there's work to be done.

A lot of cowboys and ranchers drive dodges and for good reason. They are pulling s.o.b.'s, and the cummins starts every time even in the dead of winter. (cowboys are used to riding tractors and horses too so the dodges seems about the same to them.) JK

Chev's have lots of creature comforts and technology that you probably don't need, but it's nice. Lot's of dodge guys around here are going to them to get a better transmission. Allison. Need I say more.

As far as clearance on the chevy, if it won't clear I don't need to go there. That's why I bring the ATVs or the horses. I haven't been to many trailheads in the West that you couldn't get to in any brand of truck. My family are loggers and they drive a lot of chev's out in the woods, and seem to go anywhere they need to go without any lifts or big tires.

Still wish they would all quit making more power and start making more miles per gallon!

just took a 535 mile trip in my 07.5 with a 6x6 polaris in the back and averaged exactly 12.15 mpg....burned 44 gallons.....my '02 used to do 16 on the same exact load and trip.

HEY D-CUPSY???

YOU'RE NOT GETTING 27 MPG OUT ON THE HIGH-WAY LIKE pushin30???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

My favorite is the soccer moms and girlfriends driving these 10 inch lifted diesels with the 35 toyo mudders whilst their husbands are driving the little rice rockets.Very classic of Utah.

Mike

deerbedead makes the most sense. We drive ford and dodges at work, I have 108,543 as of today, 12 mpg at 65 is the best it ever got. And at $4.23 a gallon and $100 for an oil change, no thanks!

I agree, why not a 1/2 ton diesel, 4x4, ex cab, with a 5speed, that might get 25 to 28, and you might have to pull a trailer at 55 instead of 80. By the way, I drive a tacoma! And at .60 a gallon more for full, WHY? If I ranched or pulled stuff for a business, I would have one, other wise they don't make sense, oh and what, $8,000 more to buy?

I own an 01 dodge diesel and just rolled over the 47,000 mile mark. Still have the origional rubber on it and have not had a problem with it. The most I have ever dared to get out of a tank of fuel was 538 miles. Does any one know what size tanks they put in the 2001 dodge diesels?? Love the truck, hate the fuel prices now. Can't even afford to drive it lately. Anyone want to buy it for $20,000? It's fully loaded, leather seats, got a bed liner and seviced regularly.
-------------------------

S.A.F.!

>D13er- What was your truck doing
>when the injectors started taking
>a dump? I am starting
>to get more knocking noise,
>no smoke or anything. I
>want to take it in
>but dont want to pay
>50 bones if nothing is
>wrong.
>
>nmelk13

...just rough idle and black smoke on acceleration.

JB

I have a Superchip in my 04 .It improved the mileage by about 2mpg.Average about 17.5 ,mostly highway.(stock size tires)
I just got the injectors replaced , it was smoking like a train.Luckily still under warrenty.

I have a 2005 1 ton dually Durmax and when it was 6 months old I installed a Juice with attitude monitor and it was fantastic when it came to power but only increased my fuel milage about 1 mile per gallon. I pull a 40' 5th wheel that has a weight of about 21000 when loaded and when I had about 33,000 miles on it I wiped out the Alison transmission and thank god the warrenty coved it. I removed the chip and don't use it any more. My milage without it is between 15 and 18 on the freeway at 65 to 75 MPH but if I keep it at 55 I can get up to 21. Has anyone else had transmission problems with there Alison.

Chips are bad new in my experience in the business. You take two identiacl trucks and chip one truck and leave the other stock and I promise you after 150K miles the chipped truck will have had all sorts of problems whilst the stock truck will be running strong. Chips are a mechanical virus and nothing more than a marketing ploy.

Mike

Chips, exhuast upgrades, and the little propane thingy, and these diesels should be making fuel the way it sounds. Just pull up to the pump and offload! Those three add ons have to effect the warranty, and all three have to cost at least $2000. And if you pick up 2 to 3 mpg, what's the payback? But I guess you can tell everyone you have them!

I've got a friend who runs a hotshot trucking operation towing new trailers all over the west. He runs about 12 duramax's and says he runs them stock with no chip. He said he chipped some of the trucks and the drivers burned up all sorts of different things including a motor.
He pulled the chips and hasn't had the problems to deal with.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom