All Natural Global Warming

That link doesn't work - maybe this is the same one:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/discoveries/2006-09-06-permafrost-warming_x.htm?csp=34

We can sit here and debate the causes of global warming until hell freezes over and ends the argument. However - there is conclusive evidence that the temperatures are rising. It is also evident that there are many many things that could be causing this; from greenhouse gases being released through the permafrost, to these same gases being emitted from man made sources, to increased volcanic activity, to cows emitting methane (my favorite). While I am convinced that this is occurring - I am not convinced that this isn't something that hasn't happened in the past and may happen again. I don't believe that we will ever reach the "point of no-return" as described by some of these doomsday scientists, in which we no longer have control over our destiny as a planet. I feel that if this is the case - then we never had control to begin with! There are just too many variables to come up with anything but theory that will never be proven. I have a geology background and I have a real problem with a model that only looks at 400 years of data (not even 100 of which can really be considered reliable) when the age of the earth is 4.6 billion years! In a geologic time frame - 400 years is so insignificant that it cannot even be quantified! That being said - I believe that we do however have a responsibility to use or resources wisely, conserve them, take care of the planet, USE IT wisely. (note the emphasis on USE IT)

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Great post, Roy.
I tend to agree with you. And IMHO, I feel that like many topics today, they are intentionally blown out of proportion for political or monetary gain. What do you think was the motivating factor that led algore to stick his name on the movie? Or the time frame he has used to scare the public "we only have ten years"?
Michael Crichton's book State of Fear, even though only a fiction novel, points out some very good elements of the way the media and politics try to influence or govern science, for their own outcomes.
We are but a flea on the earths back and in the realm of real time and space, our overall influence is only a blink.

"That being said - I believe that we do however have a responsibility to use or resources wisely, conserve them, take care of the planet, USE IT wisely. (note the emphasis on USE IT)"
Very well put!!!

Stop Global Whining

Oh good post, big bro. Maybe I won't kick you out of the family for being a big fat reupblican after all. ;-)

Hey...did you hear...my husband got fired Tuesday? It sucks. Bigtime. Call me.

Jenn

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom