Alliant Reloder 33

mtmuley

Long Time Member
A new powder for big-cased magnums providing possibly even MORE velocity. I can't wait to get some. mtmuley

This was from Alliant. They only have limited data at this time.

8105d1333563215-rl-33-load-data-picture-1.png

Before I would run out and buy several pounds of that powder, I would compare the velocity to the pressure rating of other powders for the caliber you are shooting. Are they getting that improvment in velocity by raising the pressure limits where you may get the same with your standard powder if you raised the pressure level.

Also it seems that powder is being used for heavy bullets in the caliber listed.

RELH

It seems the powder is suited for the really big magnums. I'm not gonna run out and buy pounds of it, but will run some through my RUM. I run the heavier bullets, and pressure has to be within SAAMI specs anyway. mtmuley

The real test will be "is it temperature insensitive," if not...not much application for our out west hunting. I wish Alliant would make some temperature insensitive powder like the Hogdon Extreme line.

I've done really well with RL-25, a powder that according to internet reports is extremely temp sensitive. Not much of a worry until ranges get extreme anyway. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom