Alpaca socks

Go on the First Lite web site & get a pair of the Mtn Athlete or Piston's {new} compression socks and a pair of their Triad's . Best combo around, I wear this system year round never Hot or Cold !! I just ordered a pair of the Piston's and the new Triad version my old one's Rock . Cost wise I used to wear the old Merino wool blends & brands pay $10 to $15 a pair last a year maybe a year & a 1/2 !! My 1st pair of First Lites are 4 years old & still as good as the day I got them !!!

Are those socks over the calf or boot height?
can’t stand a boot sock as they don’t stay up and sagging socks drive me nuts!

I downhill skied with a pair of alpacas and have used the taller ones for late season hunts. They are nice when it's cold!

I've had great luck with different thickness pairs of Thorlos. I like Thorlo models that have a little more padding in the ball of the feet....even their lighter pairs I wear in the summer or on warm days in the fall. I've also had good luck with Smartwool. I've gotten some great smartwool deals at Sierra trading.

I HATE saggy socks as well. I haven't had a problem with alpaca, thorlos, or smartwool.

Smartwools are ok. I have lots of them because you can find deals on em. Now if you want nice socks....darn tough and Swazi.

Are those socks over the calf or boot height?
can’t stand a boot sock as they don’t stay up and sagging socks drive me nuts!
The First Lite's are over the calf never slip or slide the compressions are just what they say compression stay where you put them No matter if its a 100 yard hike or a 10 miler

I use the Lorpen hikers for chukar hunts and the hunting style for colder hunts. Love em.
Regardless of what you choose make sure you look at the percent composition of wool vs other fibers in the sock. That will give you an idea of wicking power and durability. There are trade offs with different composition.
Bad socks lead to bad feet, which lead to a whole chain reaction of other bad stuff.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom