alt to KUIU super down ultra? patagonia micro puff users?

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
or is it really worth the $300? want this puffy jacket for early season high country hunts but wondering if their is a cheaper almost- equivalent. looking at patagonia micro puff insulated jacket on sale for $187. it is 8.3 oz compared to KUIU 7.9 oz. all the other close (in weight) puffies are over $300 anyway and look like tinfoil moon jackets (colors and fabric sheen not really conducive to hunting) Any thoughts out there? thanks

If you can hold out for a sale, or find a used one, the Kuiu is a really nice jacket. The way it’s designed, you get a lot more loft than you would expect for the amount of fill they use. It’s warm for the weight.

I have a ton of Kuiu stuff and like all of it but couldn't pass on a Patagonia nano puff jacket on sale. For the price you can't beat it.

I’m a KUIU guy myself so I have a bit of a bias. I alternate between a Kuhl down jacket on mild days & the super down PRO when it’s really cold. I love my super down PRO.

I saw a guy wearing that patagucci jacket around town yesterday. Did not look like a warm jacket at all. Very thin.

I use an 650 REI down jacket I think I picked it up on sale for around $50 I use it for glassing if its cold or windy. Packs down really small I throw it on over my jacket usually have to unzip after about 20 minutes !! I always have it in the bottom of my pack in a dry compression bag ARC & RAB have some good options , might check out the backpackers sights or mountain climbing sites they are all about minimal ounces

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom