Alternates List

HalfAce

Very Active Member
The results just got posted on the states website, so check it out if you put in.

My dad didnt draw the general A tag. But currently is 382 on the list. What are your guy's past experiences with recieving a tag when being placed decently high in the Alt list?

Last i checked before they closed the entry onto the Alt list were a little over 1200 applicants for General A tag, and a little over 1100 for the Combo. Good luck.

Both my two family members that did not draw out this year are in the mid 400's for the alt list. Last year my cousin was in the mid 400's also. He did not get a tag. 3 years ago my dad was in the high 200's and he also did not get a tag.

First year for me on tha list and Im at 221 for a combo tag. I wonder what the magic number is on average from year to year? Low 200s looked promising until shotgun thew out those numbers :( well we will just have to hope for the best.

My brother is 204 & I'm 1434. Last year on Sept 1st on the MT Website they posted a notice that everyone that was on the Combo Tag Alternate List could buy a tag if they wanted. From what I remember, the only notification was on their website with a phone number to call. They did not mail anything out. I was on the Combo Tag list & could have gotten a tag but forgot to have my brother added on the list so I didn't try. There may be hope for us yet.

There are numerous "Come home to hunt" tags left..maybe they will allocate them to alternates on the list. good luck to all

Last year I was 260(ish) and got the call 2 wks before bow season. They don't leave a lot of time for planning. This year i'm 1066, so I'm going to put in for the "home to hunt". I'll be at the mercy of someone elses schedule, but its better than sitting home watching the hunting channel (I have no faith in Nevada's draw).

my hunting buddy drew 16 great but i drew 1246 now what do we do we are a 24 hr drive they would not let us put as a party as we did in the combo draw

Last year they had about 1500 outfitter tags left .. that is why everbody could get one. You guys should call and see how many they sold this year then you might have an idea. Just a suggestion-Hatrick

Hatrick is right, most years a few tags are turned back in and available. The high number of tags were the outfitters tags that they couldn't sell. I heard there are still outfitter tags out there, I just don't know if it is as many as last year.

Rich

Last year i was 125 (ish) and drew my buddy was 155 (ish) and he did not. I called last year and was told 110 on average. The year before I was 230's and my buddy was 450's and we did not get drawn. ON DEER COMBO I hope that helps some.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom