Alton & Mt Carmel CWMU's

huntinguy

LAST EDITED ON Dec-17-10 AT 09:42AM (MST)[p]Lots of discussion on here about CWMU operators and experiences with many of them. Just wondering if anyone has any insight on Alton and Mt Carmel CWMU's?

If what people say negatively on their CWMU experiences is mostly true, I would think these two operations would have the biggest incentive for closing certain parts of their land for some hunters while leaving the rest open for private guys. But again I don't know anything about these operations. They definitely are in the right place IMO for a chance for a great buck.

I know Alton even leases ground on the Southern Region side across from 89 for the sole purpose of guiding guys on that side. They say the harvest 180-195 size deer over there consistently which is awesome.

Don't know anything about Mt. Carmel.

Any experiences with one/both? Stories?

My Bro drew one of the public permits for the Alton CWMU this year. We spent Monday thru Saturday on the ranch. From the begining he could hunt anywhere on the ranch except where the other hunters were at each day. That being said, the spot he hunted the first day and passed on some small 4x4's, a paying client went to the same area and killed a fantastic buck. As the week progressed and the paying clients filled their tags, my Bro was able to go anywhere he wanted. Each night all the hunters and guides sit down and talk about who will go hunt where. My Bro hunted areas that the paying clients had hunted the day before and everyone shared what they seen and encouraged everyone else. We felt in no way that we were limited to where to hunt. I'd say Wade Heaton runs an A+ hunt for both paying and public hunters.

The guides talked about the land that is leased on the west side of 89 and showed us some pics of the big ones they have guided hunters too. I wish I had the kida cash to buy one of those hunts.

Smokepole

Right on man! Glad you guys had a good time. I was one of the guides up there. Nice to hear some positive feedback instead of just doom and gloom on cwmu's.

Josh

Your welcome, you guys were great and the experience we had was one I'll never forget. If I weren't in the mix for le elk, I'd be applying for le deer on the CWMU.

Thanks!

Smokepole

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom