Amendment E On Our Ballot...anyone for?

Since the original poster sucks at the internet ?here is the ballot text from the Utah ballots. Based on the ballot text alone, I'm all for it, but I am sure there is more to it than just that text? I haven't voted yet so I'll have to do some research.

Ballot text: Shall the Utah Constitution be amended to: • preserve the individual right to hunt and to fish, including the right to use traditional hunting and fishing methods subject to certain regulation; and • establish public hunting and fishing as the preferred way of managing and controlling wildlife?

The full text of the proposed amendment:

"ARTICLE I, SECTION 30
Be it resolved by the Legislature of the state of Utah, two-thirds of all members elected to each of the houses voting in favor thereof:
Section 1.
It is proposed to enact Utah Constitution Article I, Section 30, to read:
Article I, Section 30. [Right to hunt and fish]
(1) The individual right of the people to hunt and fish is a valued part of the State's heritage and shall be forever preserved for the public good.
(2) The right under subsection (1) includes the right to use traditional methods to hunt and fish, subject only to statute and rules and regulations adopted as provided by statute to:
(a) promote wildlife conservation and management;
(b) provide reasonable regulation of hunting and fishing activities; and
(c) preserve the future of hunting and fishing.
(3) Public hunting and fishing shall be the preferred means of managing and controlling wildlife.
(4) This section does not effect:
(a) the law relating to trespass or property rights;
(b) the State's sovereign authority over the State's natural resources; or
(c) the State's obligation to manage lands granted to the State under the Enabling Act.

Section 2. Submittal to voters.
The lieutenant governor is directed to submit this proposed amendment to the voters of the state at the next regular general election in the manner provided by law.

Section 3. Contingent effective date.
If the amendment proposed by the joint resolution is approved by a majority of those voting on it at the next regular general election, the amendment shall take effect on January 1, 2021."

So, now what do you think of it?
I, for one, thinks it's an unnecessary pot-stirring that shouldn't be happening and a divisive lawsuit waiting to happen!

Of course all of us here would vote yes. But what happens when 70% vote no? Hunters are severely out numbered. You do not want your hunting rights determined on a general election ballot. This is exactly how we lost the right to chase bears with hounds in Oregon.

I didn't realize "general hunting" was just Utards.....
This thread belongs in general hunting! This "Utard" proposition will also affect Nonres-tards who hunt here. If we lose the right to hunt here, so will you!
Additionally, there are 26 other states that could learn a lesson from this proposition, so let's keep it here and see how it goes after the election.

Last edited:
Does This Mean TARDville will Soon Have:

Knapped Obsidian Broadhead with Carved Cedar Shafts Only Hunts!

Knapped Obsidian Spears Fishing License/Season!

Run Em Over a Cliff Big Game Seasons/Hunts!

FlintLocks Only Seasons/Hunts!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom