AMMO SHORTAGE ????

RELH

Long Time Member
while visiting several firearm web sites during the past week, I saw several complaints from members about having problems finding factory ammo at their local gun stores. I saw complaints from Southern CA. the Eastern seaboard and Southern states. I do not recall seeing any in the Western states. Do we have problems finding favorite caliber ammo. I can not comment to that since I have not bought any factory ammo for the past 18 months since CA. Passed a law stopping all internet sales and must be face to face sale with a licensed ammo seller.
I got caught short during Obama's first election and swore that would not happen again and I stocked up during the good times every chance I got. Here is photos of a portion of my stock to shoot myself and for the grandkids to shoot at my pistol range at the back of my property. It also pays to be a reloader today to avoid ammo shortage.
RELH

000_0390.JPG

000_0392.JPG

000_0394.JPG

Way to go RELH. I had an ammo shortage also after Obama was voted in. It took a long time but there is no shortage in my home. I doubt I will ever buy another round in my lifetime .

I've noticed online there has been some reloading compoonents that are on back order until end of May with some not offering any back orders. I did the same as you and stocked up but I feel I didn't stock up enough. At times I ask myself if there ever is enough.

DW, do not ask me how many primers, powder, bullets, and different caliber cases I have. The answer may cause you to fall out of your chair.
RELH

Well...according to some, ya'll have a "cache" of ammo.
I, of course, only have 20 rounds which is plenty for my needs.

Zeke

I have a new home weapon. It is a Mossberg 590 M.
It is a 10 rd clip which I will run straight double ought buck. Just opened the box tonight. There are supposedly 20 rd clips for this weapon. It isnt easy to load the mag on it and took me too long to load. But with 10 rds it should be enough for a strong protection.

Have you tried finding the all copper 22 shells. that is legal in Calf,
Every place I have looked is out of stock

I think that copper 22 rimfire is not required in CA. I could be wrong and too lazy to research it.
As for my hunting bullets, for reloading, I have 15 boxes of Barnes all copper in 5 different calibers. Heck a lot more expensive then standard bullets.
I got off my lazy butt and researched it. Lead free 22 rimfire is required in CA. for hunting purposes. Box of 50 CCI copper 22LR is about 11 bucks.
RELH

Last edited:
while visiting several firearm web sites during the past week, I saw several complaints from members about having problems finding factory ammo at their local gun stores. I saw complaints from Southern CA. the Eastern seaboard and Southern states. I do not recall seeing any in the Western states. Do we have problems finding favorite caliber ammo. I can not comment to that since I have not bought any factory ammo for the past 18 months since CA. Passed a law stopping all internet sales and must be face to face sale with a licensed ammo seller.
I got caught short during Obama's first election and swore that would not happen again and I stocked up during the good times every chance I got. Here is photos of a portion of my stock to shoot myself and for the grandkids to shoot at my pistol range at the back of my property. It also pays to be a reloader today to avoid ammo shortage.
RELH

lol....that's it?

I think that copper 22 rimfire is not required in CA. I could be wrong and too lazy to research it.
As for my hunting bullets, for reloading, I have 15 boxes of Barnes all copper in 5 different calibers. Heck a lot more expensive then standard bullets.
I got off my lazy butt and researched it. Lead free 22 rimfire is required in CA. for hunting purposes. Box of 50 CCI copper 22LR is about 11 bucks.
RELH
$11? Holy cow.....I couldn't afford to live there.

RELH, yes you need copper to go Gray Squirrel hunting. You never know, a Condor could find and eat your squirrel gut pile. They have tremendous eye sight.

you don't need copper....you need non lead.

the 26 grn tin shoot well

They are just a big Rat with wings. But Liberals like them...LOL ,They think they are cute..........................BULL!

The only squirrel shooting I do is when those varmints get into my outbuildings or hide acorns in my ATV and shooting them is depredation control and not hunting. I would think a 22 HP rimfire will be sufficent.
RELH

Yes 9 mm and 223 rounds where the first to go this time around. But there are still 22 lr on the selfs. Unlike last time.

Did we ever settle on the reason for the 22 shortage? Was it created when we cranked up the war machine?

They will get around to pellet guns and their pellets before long.
Brought some land in Utah.

I have a buddy who retired from the Navy a few years ago. He let the Navy move part of his stuff, and got paid to move the rest. Part of the rest was a load of 16,000 lbs of ammo and reloading stuff. I have....uh....saw the weight ticket.

Have you tried finding the all copper 22 shells. that is legal in Calf,
Every place I have looked is out of stock
When I found them I bought every single box they had, I am good to go now but they are hard to find and I suppose that is the grand plan.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom