Ammo

madmoose

Just curious on what other sportsman are finding for hunting ammo locally. Ammo manufacturers are saying they are pumping it out as fast as they can, buuuuuutttt other than seeing some 6.8western ammo pop up, I haven't seen anything hit shelves around here. Hunting ammo wise.
North Idaho. Going on a good 9 months plus.
Folks seeing any different elsewhere?

Plenty of 6 and 6.5 Creedmoor, starting to see 270 and 30-06 show up in various stores. Saw 14 boxes of 7MM-08 in 139 GMX today at Sportman's, which is a first. Haven't seen 7RemMag pr 300RUM out there yet!

I've been finding a box here, a box there, stopping at various stores. I'm trying not to pay "scalpers prices", so Walmart seems to be the best place where I find ammo. I'm paying $18 a box for factory .243, $11 for 350 .22LR, when I find it. Haven't found 30-06, or .223 soft point. Coyotes "up north" are glad.

Ammo and reloading components are beginning to flow into the retail stores in amounts not seen in a year.
Ya, the manufacturers were “pumping it out as fast as possible” but it didn’t seem to make it to the stores.... until now.
The big obvious place will continue to run out in short order, for awhile.
The smaller, out of the way shops look to be pretty well stocked, from my recent observations.

note: Hodgdon is still playing their little game by shipping only “their” powders and not RL powders.
Heard they’re not shipping any 5-8 lbs kegs since they make more money per pound can.
Still lots of options for powder hitting the stores if a guy is really in need.

Zeke

Ammo and reloading components are beginning to flow into the retail stores in amounts not seen in a year.
Ya, the manufacturers were “pumping it out as fast as possible” but it didn’t seem to make it to the stores.... until now.
The big obvious place will continue to run out in short order, for awhile.
The smaller, out of the way shops look to be pretty well stocked, from my recent observations.

note: Hodgdon is still playing their little game by shipping only “their” powders and not RL powders.
Heard they’re not shipping any 5-8 lbs kegs since they make more money per pound can.
Still lots of options for powder hitting the stores if a guy is really in need.

Zeke
Why would Hodgdon have anything to do with shipping RL powders?

7mm Rem Mag ammo.
I have four boxes I would like to sell.
$240 shipped or in person in the Reno area.

59521CD5-72E9-4D23-BF5B-847DDB1D67A9.jpeg

Try the smaller shops. Finally getting a few cases of 6.5 PRC, 7mm mag and 7.62 Nato in from my distributors. The online market keeps snagging up ammo before reaching the local stores...

Found some varget and H1000 at a store yesterday but still haven't found any large rifle primers guess we'll just keep looking

I shipped a box of loaded ammo last week via UPS. Wyoming to Nevada.

Ride low in the saddle and stay off the ridge tops

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom