And Another Late Season Muzzy Buck

Stillwater165

Very Active Member
Well here we go again , my son smacked a big boy tonight. Buck came out with a group of deer to feed and presented a great shot. Very old heavy heavy buck , 25 inch main beams , almost 6 inches at the bases ! I hate to admit it but I cost him one almost as good on Friday ...... I forgot to put powder in his gun !!!! Never in my life have I had a slip up like that ! He had a dead rest on a super wide 155 inch 9 pointer and click ..... nothing ! Whoops ! I’ll never hear the end of that one ! But hey on the bright side it all worked out in the end !
1FF37CDA-FBAC-4DBA-A00E-77BEA4407D16.jpeg

This is a north Iowa buck , and that “click” I heard on Friday....... well , I’ll never forget that mistake !!!! I got in a hurry Friday loading up 3 of our muzzleloaders as all 3 kids decided to hunt , don’t get in a hurry ! Ever !!!! Lesson learned !

Very Nice-Congrats to you both! Nice size Body deer too.

I have 3 preference points and I am retiring this year and hope to hunt there in the near future.

It’s a bad idea to leave the “guide” in charge of the weapons ! It’s overwhelming dealing with 3 kids let alone 3 muzzleloaders ! If you want a buck to live one more year just forget something .... powder , a bullet , and or both ! Primer doesn’t work , they know where that’s supposed to be !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom