And yet another bear down...

elks96

Long Time Member
Here is another one. Story sound like the guy ended up under the bear and pulled his hand gun and shot and killed it. Not 100% on the full story but shed hunter attacked expected to be fine and the bear is dead...

Happens way to often... lots of grizzlies out and about, with lots of people out recreating. This will likely continue to be an issue.

Happens way to often... lots of grizzlies out and about, with lots of people out recreating. This will likely continue to be an issue.
So I am new to WY this year, my first spring here and I can say I had no real idea how common the bears were in WY. I have seen a bunch already (8 total) in one weekend and the next weekend everywhere we went there were tracks.

When I heard there are bears around I thought of a few here and there but I am seeing 3-4 in a single draw... It seems crazy...

So I am new to WY this year, my first spring here and I can say I had no real idea how common the bears were in WY. I have seen a bunch already (8 total) in one weekend and the next weekend everywhere we went there were tracks.

When I heard there are bears around I thought of a few here and there but I am seeing 3-4 in a single draw... It seems crazy...

sometimes I see more griz then the species of animal I am hunting for. I have lost count how many times we get an elk on the ground late at night. Gut the elk and come back in morning. When you are 17 miles in the back country your options are limited. But most times those bears wont even touch that elk but they will follow the horse tracks back to camp. They usually don't come into camp. My favorite thing about having horses is they will let know when something isn't right. Them bears will stick back in the thick timber circling around. Horses usually act fine but there has been times I have a newer horse or mule and they cant stand that bear smell which usually leads into a blow up. In time you just get use to it and deal with it. If a spider gets in my sleeping bag I will most likely being pulling the .44mag out. I hate spiders. LOL!!!

Last edited:

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom