Anniversary Buck

G4

Killed this buck at 7:15 on opening morning. After putting this buck to bed for two weeks straight I figured I had him patterned pretty good. He liked to hang with 12 other bucks and would split off from them every morning and head to his own little patch of oak brush to bed down. Opening day happened to be my Anniversary and thank goodness my wife gave me a very great gift. She told me to go and try get him in the morning. I felt real good about it and knew I had this big dude figured out. Well, just like every day before he did what he always did and would split off from the rest of the group half way up the mountain side and head for his bed. Watching 12 bucks coming at me at 100 yards was pretty exciting and my heart was pounding so hard I thought for sure they would hear it. At 80 yards he jumped from the middle of the pack and started across his trail towards me and his bed. I couldn't believe he was doing what he had done every day for two weeks. Only this time I was sitting waiting for him. I drew at 70 yards as he came toward me, waited as he came below a patch of oak brush into a clearing and at 30 yards I let it go and nailed him. I'd like to say it was the easiest hunt ever but in reality getting up every morning to make sure he was up to his same routine, I was pretty tired. Thanks to my wife for letting me get out on our anniversary, for my bro, Neil for getting up and coming and helping me. Soon as I got him off the mountain I was headed straight to the taxidermist to get his antlers treated.

Here is the first day I saw him
7431img_5804.jpg

Here is his posse
8961img_5869.jpg

7806img_6055.jpg

Wow, that's a dandy buck!! Congrats!! Nice tale of the hunt too!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Congratulations on a GREAT Buck! Sounds like you put the time in, and had him patterned . Hope you took momma out to a nice dinner...

Mike

Sweet. There are few things that make your heart beat so hard you think the anything within a mile could hear it. The majority of those things involve a gun, fly rod, or esp a bow in your hand!!!!

Well done!!!!

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

WOW!

If I didn't know better I'd say a Buck I been watchin for 3 years was Dead now!

But I'm Perty Sure it ain't Him lookin at the Terrain your Buck was in!

Nice Job!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Definitely a lucky guy you are this year getting a smoker buck and your wife let you hunt on your anniversary. Great job congrats.

Congratulations Joe. That is a great buck!

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

What a stud buck!
Your wife is pretty awesome too, although you should have known better than to marry this time of year. Fall weddings always create issues down the road! LOL
Congrats

Well done on having him patterned before the hunt! That is the best feeling when your strategy works exactly as planned. It takes a lot of work beforehand and I am glad it payed off!

That is so awesome! Huge buck!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Grea job G4!

That also looks like a good Posse of bucks. It should be able to pruduce a nice one for you every year.

Beautiful buck!

That's awesome.... Good work man, on harvesting a GREAT buck!
redelkarcher>>>-------------->

whats not to like about that buck. Nothing nice going

Why is this site the worst out for browsing with
a phone or posting with a phone?

That is a great looking Buck, it looks like his posse has a few other nice ones in it too.
He will look great on the wall.
You got a good woman, keep treating her right.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Huuh!? Who'd a thought!? Pattern a buck, make a plan and it acutally worked out! It's been my experience that it rarely happens that way. Reading your story, I fully expected you to write that after two weeks of patterning, that he changed it up that morning. Glad it worked, satisfying I'm sure. Great buck!

Good job! Great buck.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Thanks for the compliments. Yes I've got a pretty great wife. Just picked the antlers up from my taxidermist and going to put the tape to him tomorrow. Any guesses on what he will score?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom