ANOTHER BIG COYOTE!!!

Did it kill a horse? I could only see where they called the kill a live stock animal. That would be a big conflict for the bleeding hearts if a wolf killed a horse. Wolf and horses lives matter.

You know it was a "pretty'" horse or a "fuzzy" alpaca. If it was a mean old cow they'd a said it killed a cow.

I , have done quite a bit of research on Wolves over many years, I try to get information from places that are not political. I have argued the FACTS about wolves in many settings, including here on MM.
I am glad to hear, the wolf in question, from the article is actively being hunted to be destroyed.
I do take issue with some things in the article. the word "reintroduced" is where I have the biggest issue. you cannot "reintroduce" an animal that IS NOT NATIVE to the area. the wolves that were native, ( southern rocky mountain grey wolf) became extinct, in the 1930s. Another issue is, that while southern rocky mountain wolves were a valid subspecies of wolves throughout history. the term northern rocky mountain wolf never was, UNTIL Canadian grey wolves, were introduced into Yellowstone. youll notice i saud introduced and not reintroduced.
the reason I bring this up, is because doing this normalizes the issue. people become used to hearing it and the disinformation legitimizes the entire issue. just look at the wild horse issue. while a horse may be crazy wild, the correct terminology for them is feral horses. they too, are not a native species. this is an example of normalizing an issue
glad to see this animal will be killed, to bad it is done because it killed " a livestock animal" where do you think this politically correct term will lead to. I laugh at who thought it needed to be used.

According to Yellowstone wolf numbers are down. Back in December their count was 80 something wolves and that it should be higher. My thought is what about the ones that migrate out with the elk. They sure do know how to play the number game.

When I hear someone use the argument that the wolves are not native I can’t help but think “here’s your sign”...

Thats only because your ignorant on the issue. you should try educating yourself. wolves were native to Utah, and many other western states, just not the same wolves that were introduced into yellowstone, and have spread like a virus.
Do a little research on the topic, google southern rocky mountain wolf. dig deep, not only will you find that Utahs wolves were killed into extinction, in the 1930s, you will also find, that the northern rocky mountain wolf, never existed, until after the introduction of canadian grey wolves. at which point the pro wolf group created the classification.
there is also some evidence that the mexican red wolf inhabited parts of southern utah at one time in history.
whenever i hear the blanket statement that wolves are native to utah,, can't help but think " here's your sign "

If a pack of wolves is good for the wildlife why did we shut down the United States for a virus that just takes down the old and the weak? Leave nature alone.

Thats only because your ignorant on the issue. you should try educating yourself. wolves were native to Utah, and many other western states, just not the same wolves that were introduced into yellowstone, and have spread like a virus.
Do a little research on the topic, google southern rocky mountain wolf. dig deep, not only will you find that Utahs wolves were killed into extinction, in the 1930s, you will also find, that the northern rocky mountain wolf, never existed, until after the introduction of canadian grey wolves. at which point the pro wolf group created the classification.
there is also some evidence that the mexican red wolf inhabited parts of southern utah at one time in history.
whenever i hear the blanket statement that wolves are native to utah,, can't help but think " here's your sign "
Riiight. Wolves know those imaginary lines humans called borders. Good grief! You’ve drank the kool aid...

@Stonefly i think the state of Utah should eradicate mountain goats in utah. Don’t you agree? They are not native. How about all the animals on antelope island? What’s your thoughts on that?

slightly, borders, and. boundries for wildlife, exist as their habitat. As.hunters we use this information to our advantage, to harvest them.
when utah had native wolves, they were smaller in size, smaller pack, and drastically smaller range. their habitat restricted and influenced all these traits. simply put. they stayed in an area that gave them the food, cover, and a means of traveling between them.
the reason canadian grey wolves didnt inhabit utah, is simple, and 1 animal can define the reason. ELK. canadian wolves have large tracks of habitat that include large numbers of prey animals, moose and caribou. with large land swathes between their home range and Utah without large pray bases. Utah only recently grew Elk numbers that appeal to wolves

slightly, borders, and. boundries for wildlife, exist as their habitat. As.hunters we use this information to our advantage, to harvest them.
when utah had native wolves, they were smaller in size, smaller pack, and drastically smaller range. their habitat restricted and influenced all these traits. simply put. they stayed in an area that gave them the food, cover, and a means of traveling between them.
the reason canadian grey wolves didnt inhabit utah, is simple, and 1 animal can define the reason. ELK. canadian wolves have large tracks of habitat that include large numbers of prey animals, moose and carano.
Cool story. Because that’s what it is, a story.

Let’s hear your thoughts on those non native mountain goats. And antelope island. And how about sheep transplants. Or are you just a hypocrite?

slightly, also, historically the wolves within Utah, that preyed on livestock, did so because us humans interfered with the habitat available to them. we disrupted the routine and put domestic animals within the habitat, we built homes and created farmland. once this happened the conflict between farmers and ranchers vs wolves let to the extinction of the southern rockie mountain wolf. you can not reintroduce and extinct species, unless your in Jurassic park .

I also find it fascinating that you think the wolves that roamed the west are extinct. You’re anti wolf I get it. But that doesn’t mean you have to drink the kool aid the anti wolf hunters spew. Just admit you’re anti wolf. It’s ok. It doesn’t make you a bad person.

Wolves started killing SLOW ELK( cattle) when the really fast Elk was getting harder to catch.

sorry for late response , have been busy today. as to your question about antelope island, I really dont care what lives there, kill every animal on it, or let them live .., as long as they stay there, and don't expand their range AND cause depredation on livestock, or severely deplete big games numbers, like Elk, in area sportsmen have for years paid for to improve. when Alaskan Moose and Carabou invade Utah, and become departmental to our Deer, Elk, Antelope, ect. then I might welcome Canadian Grey Wolves. As for myself being anti wolf, no Im not at all. if Canada Grey Wolves remained in their historical habitat, more power to them. i am against ferrel horses , as they IMO, as implants, have no place in Utah, they are IMO a scourge on habitat that could be utilized for Mule Deer, Antelope,And Elk. I understand actually researching the wolf issue would take some work, road hunting is always easier than wearing out boot leather, but if I have time tomorrow, ill post you some references to educate on the wolf issue, maybe you can find someone to read it to you

Canadian wolves don’t eat Alaska moose rookie. They eat Canadian moose. Alaska wolves are a different species according to your logic of borders etc.

For you reading so much your spelling is lacking. Or do you just look at wolf propaganda literature?

So what your thoughts on mountain goats in Utah? Do they get a pass for you?

I’m just trying to read into your logic. Why would you care if something kills a cow which is not native to Utah? A Canadian gray wolf is more native than a focking cow. You should be happy the wolves are willing to slum down to the level of eating livestock. Maybe we need to transplant some canadian cows to Utah...

Canadian wolves don’t eat Alaska moose rookie. They eat Canadian moose. Alaska wolves are a different species according to your logic of borders etc.

For you reading so much your spelling is lacking. Or do you just look at wolf propaganda literature?

So what your thoughts on mountain goats in Utah? Do they get a pass for you?

I’m just trying to read into your logic. Why would you care if something kills a cow which is not native to Utah? A Canadian gray wolf is more native than a focking cow. You should be happy the wolves are willing to slum down to the level of eating livestock. Maybe we need to transplant some canadian cows to Utah...
Need to change your handle name too.
ornerydrunk

There fury and they howl and I like them. I really do my best to keep them from coming into Utah from Idaho. They must be coming in from your other neighbors.

When it comes to listing a species under the ESA the biologists can come up with 100 unique and separate species of field mice or salmon, but when it came to planting wolves they decided there were maybe only two or three species.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom