Another CA mountain lion attack

They'll use our tax dollars to find that one and kill it. Pats on the back for everyone involved and "problem solved fellas, good work". "The other 1000 we have breeding like rabbits should be of no issue at all". hahaha

That’s to be expected when people living in cities vote out Mtn lion hunting. Like for everything here, majority of the people live in a few cities and are clueless about how the rest of the state/country operates.

F&W are going to trap mountain lions in the area (using dogs as bait, I assume). If they catch one, they will use DNA to see if it's the correct lion, and if it is they will decide what to do next. Maybe relocate it or put it in a zoo. Good idea. SMH.

Mid to late in the 90s I was visiting my BIL (they have about 300 acres outside of Nevada City, CA. Pretty remote place with lots of off grid cabins and the usual wildlife.

He told me that at his place the previous owners were doing dishes and watched a lion run up to the porch and snatch a 1.5 year old Rottie, then cart it off into the woods. It was not uncommon to see bear or lion tracks on the property, in the yard, etc.

It is California after all, and the story could have just as easily been -

"The crazed, 2nd Amendment supporting, radical woman pulled her illegal and unlicensed pistol from concealment, and proceeded to shoot the poor mountain lion with banned LEAD bullets! The lion underwent emergency surgery, and is expected to recover while being rehabilitated prior to its release in the local neighborhood, where it feels comfortable and protected by the HOA covenants. The woman is expected to be charged with multiple felonies, including CA EPA violations for releasing toxic LEAD into the environment, during the commission of these heinous "animal rights" violations!"............ :)

It is California after all, and the story could have just as easily been -

"The crazed, 2nd Amendment supporting, radical woman pulled her illegal and unlicensed pistol from concealment, and proceeded to shoot the poor mountain lion with banned LEAD bullets! The lion underwent emergency surgery, and is expected to recover while being rehabilitated prior to its release in the local neighborhood, where it feels comfortable and protected by the HOA covenants. The woman is expected to be charged with multiple felonies, including CA EPA violations for releasing toxic LEAD into the environment, during the commission of these heinous "animal rights" violations!"............ :)
Nailed it.

She said the lion looked skinny....she could see its ribs. Yes...probably extremely hungry and that is why its eating your dog! Drought will sometimes limit the prey that predators feed on. It's weird how nature works. Lame-asses.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom