Another day, no grizzly fatalities

Thanks; I do have to be careful with the neighbors tho!!!

Last month when we had our annual camping trip in Montana, they had Game Wardens going around giving warning tickets to campers. It is a "Food Storage Required" area, and has been for several years. Most everyone has a hard sided RV, so not an issue, but nobody ever thinks about the garbage they leave outside or throw in the fire pits to burn up every night. Trying to educate people isn't working, so giving warnings is now the only way!!

SS: Still stupid people in a Nat'l Park tho!

But this one tried to catch a meal this weekend!!!

Makes You Wonder How Many Of These JOKERS had to see How Close They Could Get With Their Cameras Bigger than Our Spottin Scopes to take a Pic?

Get mauled or chased by a bear, they put up a sign. Eat a friggin' beef, and they trap your sorry azz, shoot you full of drugs, and move you to a different neighborhood.

Hey, can we do that with people???

Notice, you have been warned. They walk among us!

9908F8A1-6AF8-4CAF-9121-16B52021746E_1_201_a.jpeg

SS: Still stupid people in a Nat'l Park tho!

But this one tried to catch a meal this weekend!!!

When we were in Island Park fishing a few years ago we were driving in and my son saw a sign that I thought was Fire Danger but no it was a Grizzly bear warning sign and it was on high that day.
When we asked the Ranger about it he said that the day before two guys were fishing by the launch and a Grizzly came right up on them and surprised them. Both jumped in the lake to avoid it.
Then it proceeded to eat all of their bait and walk off.
Needless to say both my son and I were looking over our shoulders that day.
Kinda like someone was watching you is the way it felt.

“It was close though.”

I’m trying to keep score here........ do we give points for good try’s?

I’d like to start giving parcel points when they get close, or leave a mark, or.......... well you know....... near misses must have some value.

...crapping one merino’s can’t go completely unrewarded...

I think you’re late for your lemon party boomer

Good luck finding the definition of lemon party in your dictionary ??
I gotta hand it to ya Tim, I figure after all those years, in the oil field, I’d heard all the insults but I was wrong......again. You dredged one out of the cesspool I’d never previously encountered.

Congratulations on your resourcefulness, from the old gay CSer that’s good at inducing vomit.

Now..... you are supposed to say, thanks...... and I respond by saying, you’re welcome. See, that’s correct way you correspond, if you expect to communicate. If we don’t know the language we’re not effective at getting the intended message across.

Can I be of further assistance this even?

I gotta hand it to ya Tim, I figure after all those years, in the oil field, I’d heard all the insults but I was wrong......again. You dredged one out of the cesspool I’d never previously encountered.

Congratulations on your resourcefulness, from the old gay CSer that’s good at inducing vomit.

Now..... you are supposed to say, thanks...... and I respond by saying, you’re welcome. See, that’s correct way you correspond, if you expect to communicate. If we don’t know the language we’re not effective at getting the intended message across.

Can I be of further assistance this even?
No problem!

we had a bear filled weekend. Brown Bear came near camp twice. There are still some silver salmon in the creek. He was a young one which are the dangerous ones. We survived. Like @Homer says I sleep with bears. Didn’t even wake up.

5378DBC4-F179-4828-A464-984BD2637CEA.jpeg

A087697B-7B5F-4FED-9F9C-5B0DF939F8E6.jpeg

D76C10FE-B94F-4689-8F99-27687CDDC5F1.jpeg

F5EAFC91-EAD9-436C-94A9-68CE43460A85.jpeg

All in all a great weekend. Could of shot a billy at 250 yards but goats taste terrible.

Don’t let bears keep you from living life!!!

Two scientists, one from the Czech Republic and one from Austria, traveled to America to study the legendary grizzly bear.

When they failed to return from their first trip into the woods, two park rangers went looking for them and quickly tracked down a male and a female bear who’d been seen near the scientists’ campsite.

Their apprehension was proven justified when they euthanized the female grizzly and found the remains of the Austrian inside of her.

The first park ranger said sadly, “You know what this means…”

The second ranger said, “Yeah, the Czech is in the male.”

we had a bear filled weekend. Brown Bear came near camp twice. There are still some silver salmon in the creek. He was a young one which are the dangerous ones. We survived. Like @Homer says I sleep with bears. Didn’t even wake up.

View attachment 54805

View attachment 54806

View attachment 54813

View attachment 54814

All in all a great weekend. Could of shot a billy at 250 yards but goats taste terrible.

Don’t let bears keep you from living life!!!

Just remember in karma.

Also billies taste great. Mine didnt last long.

3rd if ya know of any sheep recipes please let me know.

4th can you slap the crap out of doubledrop next time you see him

Just remember in karma.

Also billies taste great. Mine didnt last long.

3rd if ya know of any sheep recipes please let me know.

4th can you slap the crap out of doubledrop next time you see him
I'll slap DD next time I see him, but mountain goat tastes good? You need slapped twice for that!

I'm not much a fan of sheep either. But i found if you grind it with a little bacon they make great burgers :D

I'll slap DD next time I see him, but mountain goat tastes good? You need slapped twice for that!

I'm not much a fan of sheep either. But i found if you grind it with a little bacon they make great burgers :D

Mnt. Goat was great. At first i made chili and mixed it with beef. Tasted fine. Then i did mnt goat only. Tasted like first time with beef.

Steaks were simple. Crockpot and cream of mushroom and few other things were yummy. Roast was ok but not great.

No bear deaths latley but so bad things have happend that havent made the headlines. I did tell DD the story

Mnt. Goat was great. At first i made chili and mixed it with beef. Tasted fine. Then i did mnt goat only. Tasted like first time with beef.

Steaks were simple. Crockpot and cream of mushroom and few other things were yummy. Roast was ok but not great.

No bear deaths latley but so bad things have happend that havent made the headlines. I did tell DD the story
Ok so you had to mask it with chili and cream of mushroom. ?. Of course it tastes good that way ????

Damn hope all is well on your end! Go shoot an elk!

I cook a lot of things that way. A goat steak just grillled topped with mushrroms and onions isnt bad. I will agree a plain steak isnt impressive.

No elk this year. We just started the factory up last month so to busy on the PLC's making tuning changes.

But Friday i will be taking this younger guy to shoot a muley. Saturday my dad has a LQ tag so i will be spending saturdays with him. They changed my work schedule so we at least have one programmer here everyday. Screws things up but i dont get called in all the time

A guy was headed out on his 1st Alaska caribou hunt on his own. But before he left he asked an experienced guide what he should do if he has a run-in with a grizzly bear.

The guide tells him it all depends on the situation. Then he added, "If you're hiking and a 9 foot grizzly rears up close in front of you, just reach behind you, grab a handful of sh!t and throw it in the bear's eyes. Then run."

The hunter asked, "Where do you get the sh!t from?"

Guide, says, "Trust me, it'll be there."

Must of been no gunshots today to bring in the bears. Another day and no fatalities from bears. Where’s this bear problem @DW ?

Not a fan of sheep? Let me give you my address ?

Anyone hear of any human fatalities over the weekend due to bears? Its beginning to look like a fatality free weekend!

@DW didn’t hear of anyone killed by bears the last few days. But there’s been a few hunters killed by other hunters. Maybe we need to be able to hunt hunters, put the fear of man in them…

Bear had a long wrap sheet. It would have been only a matter of time before he started stealing picnic lunches.

yogi.gif

Close call, I'm not sure how this is possible in one of the heaviest hunted units in the state. If the fear of man isn't enough what is?

ED34FBBA-DEE0-498F-B04D-BBBCE73C80E3.png

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom