Another day, no grizzly fatalities

Close call! Thanks for sharing. Luckily we had yet another weekend and no fatalities due to bears @DW

Seems odd you're scared to shoot a few to test the theory? Yvon, is that you? Hoss and Grizz I think I found him! Put your rock Hudson shower shoes on, he's gonna save us all!

Seems odd you're scared to shoot a few to test the theory? Yvon, is that you? Hoss and Grizz I think I found him! Put your rock Hudson shower shoes on, he's gonna save us all!
If you are calling hossy over you’re desperate.

00:11

Need to put the fear of man AND pickups into them!!
Years ago I was riding my motor scooter from central CA back to Nevada. My wife was behind me in the belcher. We were on HWY 88. Beautiful day, near cloudless and warm but not hot.

Anyway, I was puttering down the road about 70 looking at the scenery when out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought was a VW bug entering my lane of travel.

Nope...it was one of the biggest black bears I have ever seen. I guess it had decided to try a road crossing, ran directly to me, then veered off into the woods.

Years ago I was riding my motor scooter from central CA back to Nevada. My wife was behind me in the belcher. We were on HWY 88. Beautiful day, near cloudless and warm but not hot.

Anyway, I was puttering down the road about 70 looking at the scenery when out of the corner of my eye I saw what I thought was a VW bug entering my lane of travel.

Nope...it was one of the biggest black bears I have ever seen. I guess it had decided to try a road crossing, ran directly to me, then veered off into the woods.
Dang! I’ve had a few friends hit bears up here in their cars. Saw a car smoke a wolf one time.

A Mullah, a Priest, and a Rabbi go camping ...

While they're setting up their tents, they see a grizzly bear prowling in the distance.

The Mullah says, "I'm going to convert him to Islam." and walks off towards the bear. After 15 minutes, he comes back and says "I read to him from the Koran. Nothing."

So the Priest walks off saying "I'm going to convert him to Christianity." He comes back 15 minutes later and says "I sprinkled water on him to baptize him. No reaction."

So the Rabbi says "I'm going to convert him to Judaism" and walks off toward the bear. Four hours later, he comes crawling back, bloody, torn, and beaten.

The Priest and Mullah ask "What happened?!"

The Rabbi replied "Hindsight being 20/20, maybe I shouldn't have started with the circumcision."

Last edited:
Gee, I hope SS wasn't taken by a grizzly bear. Where is he?

he's archery hunting bighorn.....

df6ba5333bc4192d97ded130bcffd3e6.jpeg

and they say she is going to den up with those cubs one more time this winter. How big of a den are they going to have to dig to fit them all in?

So a hunter gets a new gun one day and decides to go hunting with it. He goes out into the woods and stumbles upon a nice-sized black bear, so he takes his gun and shoots the bear dead. Then he feels a tap on his shoulder...

The man turns around and sees this huge brown bear and the bear says

"That bear you shot was my friend, so the way I see you got two options, either you let me have sex with you or I maul you to death."

Now, the hunter doesn't want to die so he lets the bear have his way, and afterwards he waddles home and doesn't tell anyone.

Then next year comes around and he's gaining his confidence back so the hunter goes back into the woods and stumbles upon a brown bear. He gets his gun and shoots the bear dead when he feels a tapping on his shoulder.

The man turns around and sees a giant kodiak bear who says,

"That brown bear was my friend so the way I see it either you let me have rough sex with you or I maul you to death."

Again, the man doesn't want to die so he lets the bear have his way and waddles home not telling anyone.

Next year comes around and the man is gaining his confidence again so he goes out and eventually finds a kodiak bear. So the man takes his gun and shoots the bear dead when he feels a tap on his shoulder.

The man turns around and finds an enormous grizzly bear, and the bear says,

"Let's be honest, you don't come here for the hunting, do you?"

A local solo hunter has been missing for weeks. Let's hold off on that claim.
FYI, the missing hunter is still missing. He's one of my friends cousin. My friend has been looking. Lots of private property in the area and lots of illegal activity, so he doesn't suspect a bear got him.

That's in France so that surprised me. I thought all Frenchmen surrendered.
No self respecting bear would eat a frenchman. Though you are right, they prolly taste like chicken.

I was surprised there were brown bears in france. I guess I never thought about it.

I’ve been to the Alps but all I ever saw was cows. I believe cows are the state bird of Switzerland. Cow pies are the state flower.

No self respecting bear would eat a frenchman. Though you are right, they prolly taste like chicken.

I was surprised there were brown bears in france. I guess I never thought about it.

I’ve been to the Alps but all I ever saw was cows. I believe cows are the state bird of Switzerland. Cow pies are the state flower.
France has bears that are brown........not Brown Bears.....

My MIL came over for dinner last night. While my wife was cooking, she said she wanted to go in the back yard and look at our garden.

It was time to eat so my wife said we better go check on her Mom. We get back there and she's standing about 10' from the biggest bear I've ever seen. They were just staring at each other.

My wife yelled to me. "DO SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING!" I said "Nope! That bear got himself into this mess, he can get himself out."

My MIL came over for dinner last night. While my wife was cooking, she said she wanted to go in the back yard and look at our garden.

It was time to eat so my wife said we better go check on her Mom. We get back there and she's standing about 10' from the biggest bear I've ever seen. They were just staring at each other.

My wife yelled to me. "DO SOMETHING! DO SOMETHING!" I said "Nope! That bear got himself into this mess, he can get himself out."
lmmfao....poor bear

LMAO!:D

Kisses My Be rare For a While Eel!:D

One more...

One day an atheist was taking a walk through the woods. "What majestic trees! What powerful rivers! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. " And to think they were all created by a cosmic accident" As he was walking alongside the river he suddenly heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

He turned to see a seven foot grizzly bear charging towards him. He ran as fast as he could up the path but he looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was closing in on him.

Suddenly he tripped and fell to the ground. As he rolled over to pick himself up he saw the bear right on top of him, reaching for him with his left paw and raising his right paw to strike him.

At that instant the Atheist cried out: "Oh my God!"

All at once time stood still. The bear froze. The forest was silent. As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky: "You deny my existence for all of these years, teach others I don't exist, and even credit creation to a cosmic accident. Why do you expect me to help you out of this predicament? Am I to count you as a believer?"

The atheist looked directly into the light, "It would be hypocritical of me to suddenly ask You to treat me as a believer now, but perhaps could you make the BEAR a believer?"

"Very well," said the voice. The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed.

And then the bear dropped his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty , Amen."

yummy17.gif

It’s been a few weeks since the last update but happy to report no bear attacks resulting in a fatality. @DW

It’s been a few weeks since the last update but happy to report no bear attacks resulting in a fatality. @DW
No No No Not fair SS! DW has been bound and gagged....... don’t seem tight to take advantage while he’s under exile from the Land of Oz.

What? What did he do? Is founder pro bear?
I think Homer sleuthed that one so he’s gonna have to pull the curtain back on it for ya.

I believe anything I’m told, so I’m just repeating truths, as I’ve been instructed.

Everyone all scared of these big bad bears and look how many months we've went without an attack.

Russians will probably start keeping pet bears again in Ukraine.

BROWN BEAR FAMILY RESCUED AFTER YEARS AS HOTEL ENTERTAINMENT IN UKRAINE​

FOUR PAWS has transferred two adult bears and their cub to BEAR SANCTUARY Domazhyr

23 June 2021 – Global animal welfare organisation FOUR PAWS rescued three brown bears from a defunct hotel and restaurant in Skole, Western Ukraine and transferred them to its BEAR SANCTUARY Domazhyr near Lviv on 22 June. Their former owners originally purchased 13-year-old bears Sirko and Ruta as cubs for a private mini zoo near their hotel as entertainment to attract visitors. Their offspring, bear cub Andor, was born on-site in January 2021 and hand-raised by the owners ever since. All three bears have spent most of their lives in a concrete enclosure, unable to express their natural behaviours. The private keeping of bears remains legal in Ukraine and many bears suffer in cruel keeping conditions. FOUR PAWS urges the Ukrainian authorities to ban the private breeding and keeping of bears in the country.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
3921c3bd-1f57-407f-9ba4-aa48f51be860.jpg
Jason Clay
Northeast Region Public Information Officer
303-291-7234 / [email protected]
@CPW_NE

Recapping bear activity in Colorado in 2021

908e9432-a638-124e-f105-50916c9b765c.jpg
A black bear sitting in a tree on Sept. 29, 2021 in a Littleton neighborhood just north of the S. Platte Canyon Rd. exit off of C-470 (photo courtesy of Jason Clay/CPW)
DENVER - Colorado Parks and Wildlife received 3,701 reports of sightings and conflicts with bears in 2021, which was a 28 percent decrease from the average number of reports over the previous two years in the Centennial State.

Bear activity varied across the state in 2021, mainly attributed to weather and drought patterns in Colorado for most of the spring, summer and into fall. Over 90 percent of a bear’s natural diet is grasses, berries, fruits, nuts and plants - native crops all dependant on moisture.

“One of the biggest things that determines what level of bear activity we are going to see as far as human-bear conflicts is whether we get good monsoonal summer moisture,” said Adrian Archuleta, Area Wildlife Manager for CPW out of Durango. “That is really critical in order to make the berries and acorns pop. In years where we get good moisture and the food mast is readily available and abundant, we don’t tend to have as much interactions and conflict. In years where it is very dry or we have a freeze event, a late frost, it can be very detrimental.”

Listen to the Colorado Outdoors Podcast episode with Archuleta talking about bears in Colorado

On the eastern side of the Continental Divide, where moisture was plentiful over the majority of winter, spring and early summer, CPW’s northeast and southeast regions saw a large decrease in the number of bear reports. The southeast saw a decline of 39.8 percent in bear calls from the average of the two previous years (2019 and 2020) while the northeast region of Colorado saw a 38.2 percent decrease.

The southwest region also had a big reduction in bear reports in 2021 compared to the average of the two previous years (51.2 percent decrease), but the northwest, where much of the region was in severe drought, was up. The 1,834 bear reports filed from the northwest in 2021 was 192 more than in 2020, but was also fewer than the 2,146 on record for 2019.

64af1b95-17d7-df6e-6e33-ff13583bfa21.jpg

Courtesy the U.S. Drought Monitor

In 2019, CPW launched a new tracking system to help wildlife managers track and quantify bear activity and conflicts across the state. The data derived from this system is utilized to see the overall picture, trends and identify sources of conflict on a localized, regional and statewide level. Since its implementation on April 1, 2019, CPW has recorded 14,013 reports of sightings and conflicts with bears, of which nearly ⅓ are traced back to bears getting into trash.

[WATCH] Progression map showing reported bear activity across Colorado in 2021

The data from the annual bear cycle is helpful in identifying the sources of conflict, because that varies across the state.

Bears trying to access trash is the leading cause of conflict. Other constant sources of conflict include birdfeeders, livestock, bears accessing open garages and other human originated items that are left unsecured. These could all easily be reduced if the public takes some simple steps around their homes and properties to prevent bears from accessing them.

“We need help from local communities to develop strategies to secure garbage and other attractants across bear habitat,” said Kristin Cannon, Deputy Regional Manager for CPW's Northeast region. “Ultimately, it will also require individuals to take some responsibility and follow proper guidelines on living appropriately with bears to protect them.”

One concern CPW is aware of from the public is a reluctance to report bear activity over of a belief that it will lead to the bear being put down.

Data shows that of the 14,013 reports wildlife managers have received on bears in the last three years, only 2.3 percent of those led to euthanization.

When CPW is made aware, especially when conflicts first begin, wildlife officers can educate the community, make site visits to homes to help them secure attractants and can haze bears in an attempt to reinforce their natural fear of humans. In specific circumstances, wildlife officers can attempt relocating bears out of conflict areas to alleviate safety concerns or before that animal's behavior escalates to a dangerous level that may require euthanization. In the last three years, CPW has relocated 213 bears from sites of conflict, but wildlife officers stress that relocation is not a fix-all solution.

The data below is on the number of bears euthanized and relocated annually by CPW. The euthanization numbers released in prior years have been updated from what has been previously reported, as internal auditing each spring quantifies all sources of bear mortality in Colorado. These figures are based on these reports reviewed by CPW’s terrestrial section as of April 1annually, so the 2021 figures could alter from what is reported here after the section has the opportunity to confirm the data.

2021: 66 euthanized, 51 relocated
2020: 158 euthanized, 118 relocated
2019: 101 euthanized, 44 relocated
2018: 79 euthanized, 24 relocated
2017: 190 euthanized, 109 relocated
2016: 66 euthanized, 16 relocated
2015: 115 euthanized, 40 relocated

Wildlife managers estimate that Colorado has between 17,000-20,000 bears and that the population is stable and growing. Black bear is the only species of bear in the state, however these bruins can be brown, blond, cinnamon and black in color.

To learn more about bears and what you can do to reduce conflicts, please visit us online by clicking here.

Photos below:
Left: Map of bear activity in Colorado in 2021
Right: A bear up a tree in Castle Rock on Sept. 16, 2021 (courtesy of Jason Clay/CPW)
03e2afa5-d01a-be6f-21cb-bf87bea6aebf.jpg
ef567933-4ba2-86d9-c775-fcdc27f206a6.jpg

Hold on a minute here……. that ain’t Bob but I believe I know who it is………. I’m thinking Founder might know something more about this………. and I just thought he got sent to the bedroom. No wonder he hasn’t returned.?

Heard that they found a guy who was missing in Montana he was a victim of a Grizzly Attack..

Anyone from Montana know anything about it, was it a sow protecting cubs or just a straight up attack

Heard that they found a guy who was missing in Montana he was a victim of a Grizzly Attack..

Anyone from Montana know anything about it, was it a sow protecting cubs or just a straight up attack
FFS scroll up and you’ll see TWO articles on it.

And just a friendly reminder today no one was killed by grizzly bears

Growing up I read a lot about grizzly bears. All I ever read was that a Black bear will eat you but there were no known cases of a grizzly bear eating a human. They will maul and/or kill a human and then leave. I guess that's no longer true, or never was.

Growing up I read a lot about grizzly bears. All I ever read was that a Black bear will eat you but there were no known cases of a grizzly bear eating a human. They will maul and/or kill a human and then leave. I guess that's no longer true, or never was.
Timothy treadwell and his gf were consumed too

All bears especially like munching on vegetarians since they are 'grass fed.'

Be careful while she’d hunting!!

Be careful while she’d hunting!!

Holy **** you better stay out of the woods. That story has been posted 19 times in this thread already. Grizz is gonna get yo ass!

No reported Grizzly attacks for the 3dr day in a row. A record going back to 2005. Clearly a downward trend.

PSA:

Heads up, spring breakers: First grizzly bear of 2022 spotted in Yellowstone​

Probably not a lot of bikini clad, drunken co-eds need to worry about this!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom