Another day, no grizzly fatalities

Attention @SS! The latest report is out.

28 grizzlies dead so far this year. How it went up in 7 in one week is odd but I assume some investigations are now closed.

Getting closer to that 50 mark
I will light a candle tonight…

Always good when a bear gets some licks in:
BC60118E-5CAA-4EA9-A75D-68E9C1234945.png

464080B7-CAFB-4CEC-992D-5DE69B60E8A0.png

He was up Ship Creek. Boy, you can say that again.

Ship Creek. I thought that's where people fish right in Anchorage.
It is but like some creeks it runs for 30ish miles. You can hunt moose, sheep bears etc. I shot my sheep last fall in the south fork of ship creek…

Hunter kills a grizzly in the beartooth range. Self defense. Getting closer to our goal of 50

Little over due for a dead griz here in wyoming. Things should pick up here in a couple of weeks

This bear wanted to be shot a couple days back. We shot a mountain goat and he started hanging out waiting for scraps within half an hour of shooting the goat.

216A1245-8D8B-4E14-8B06-7CD4C90BB1BF.jpeg

35 dead grizzlies this year in the GYE. Getting closer to 50. Gun shots ringing out taking down elk. Should call some grizz in

Another griz should be getting killed any second

2 northwest college kids were hiking near cody then attacked. One was jumped on by the griz while the other guy tried pulling the bear off then who was attacked also. Both kids are wrestlers for northwest college. Both are now in billings getting surgery and will be just fine

Last edited:

2 northwest college kids were hiking near cody then attacked. One was jumped on by the griz while the other guy tried pulling the bear off then who was attacked also. Both kids are wrestlers for northwest college. Both are now in billings getting surgery and will be just fine

It wasn't the bear's fault. The kids were out in the woods and stuff.

California used to have Grizzly bears. We used to have Polio too.

Look what the bear did to that poor kids hair on the right.

I guess the local landowners have noticed up to 10 different griz hanging around in that area. Them bears know gut piles start showing up around this time

That’s a hell of a good friend to try and pull a grizzly off without any weapon. Got to give those kids credit!!

To my understanding they had bear spray but it happened so quick. If I heard right I think they ended up hazing it later.

I have seen the pictures of the young man after the attack that was brave enough to save his friends life.
But I wouldn't expect any better from someone that don't care about his own kids

I have seen the pictures of the young man after the attack that was brave enough to save his friends life.
But I wouldn't expect any better from someone that don't care about his own kids
That’s weird you’re into gore photos. But to each their own.

Both kids were gingers. Maybe grizzly bears have a thing for gingers. The soulless wonders of the world…

In all seriousness I hope for a speedy recovery for the kids and I hope they don’t hold any grudges against the bear.

And I sure hope they don’t shoot the bear.

?

My son wrestled Lowry. That’s a bad dude (2-time State Champ from Canyon View). The bear is lucky he didn’t get a dislocated shoulder or something. I have no doubt he thought he could pin the bear.

He also has a pretty inspiring personal story. I hope they both have a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
My son wrestled Lowry. That’s a bad dude. The bear is lucky he didn’t get a dislocated shoulder or something. I have no doubt he thought he could pin the bear.

He also has a pretty inspiring personal story. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Thanks for sharing. These kids deserve a huge applause for helping each out when most people would panic or run away

That’s weird you’re into gore photos. But to each their own.

Both kids were gingers. Maybe grizzly bears have a thing for gingers. The soulless wonders of the world…
Gingers go by kill or be killed, looks like there still alive ????

Those two kids should have teamed up and put an arm bar on that bear. J/K That takes bravery.

A couple weeks ago a surfer here got hit by a great white. He survived. A friend of mine was fishing there and he got some gross photos before the ambulance got there. I told him to email them to me but he forgot, I guess.

Thanks for sharing. These kids deserve a huge applause for helping each out when most people would panic or run away
It’s off topic, but kinda a fun story about the Lowry kid. As I remember it (wasn’t there, but I like to follow some of the wrestlers I got to watch), he was DQ’d from a bout in his regional qualifier for an illegal throw or move or something. So he ended up not being the #1 seed at the state tourney,

He appeared to be mad about it and pinned his way thru the bracket, with only 1 going into the second period. He finished the year 58-1 with the dq. Bad dude.

C669255D-2673-47B1-9CE7-43E54A24870F.png

Another grizzly bear mauling up in sunlight. Search and rescue and a ambulance was dispatched out over a hour ago. Don't have the full details but a story will be out in a day or 2

That guy is one tough SOB, survived a bear attack and a gunshot wound all probably in a matter of seconds.

The bear was probably laughing to hard at ol' quick draw McGraw to finish the mauling. Ol' quick draw forgot that you're supposed to use the LAST round on yourself, not the first one.

I guess the guy that shot himself walked up on a bear den while walking back his horses. The bear came out of the den. He had a 10mm glock and started shooting and while trying to kick the bear off he shot himself in the leg. He knows he hit the bear several times

game and fish goes in and finds no evidence of a wounded bear.

I guess the guy that shot himself walked up on a bear den while walking back his horses. The bear came out of the den. He had a 10mm glock and started shooting and while trying to kick the bear off he shot himself in the leg. He knows he hit the bear several times

game and fish goes in and finds no evidence of a wounded bear.
The bear never freakin touched him, he fell down and shot himself in the leg!
He also claims the bear was 8ft tall and 700 lbs!
What a clown show!!

There was no bear. He accidentally shot himself and was too embarrassed so he fabricated the grizzly bear story.

The bear never freakin touched him, he fell down and shot himself in the leg!
He also claims the bear was 8ft tall and 700 lbs!
What a clown show!!

I agree something is very off on this story. just slight bruising in one area.

I would like to see the full game and fish side on this. In my mind i start asking how many casings were on the ground, if he shot that many times did they find them all

I was listening to the story on a local radio channel. I had a hard time following the story.

Photographer Michio Hoshino passed away while filming bears on the Kamchatka Peninsula in eastern Russia. Acclaimed for his wildlife photography, Hoshino was working on a documentary crew that was shooting footage of brown bears in 1996 for a Japanese TV series. The New York Times reports that he was mauled at four in the morning and that his crew heard him screaming in the middle of the night. His body was found in the woods after the attack.

bear.jpg

Maybe he should have had this on.

bearsuit.jpg

This Siberian bear hunting suit keeps you safe and makes you dangerous​

Not only does this suit keep you safe, but it makes sure you never have to hug people you don’t like again. It’s believed that this vintage armor wasn’t used to traipse through the Siberian woods in search of a bear, but rather it was worn when a bear hunter was seeding the area for bears so to speak. According to a commenter on the Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation message board:
I suspect it is more likely to be for bear bating than hunting, since I can't imagine anyone could run around the woods in it. It consists of leather pants and jacket (and an iron helmet) studded all over with 1-inch iron nails about 3/4 in. apart. The nails are held in place by a second layer of leather lining the whole thing and quilted into place between the nails.
Have you ever used one of these to bear bait? Or do you know anyone who has? Let us know because this suit is nuts.

Maybe he should have had this on.

View attachment 91485

This Siberian bear hunting suit keeps you safe and makes you dangerous​

Not only does this suit keep you safe, but it makes sure you never have to hug people you don’t like again. It’s believed that this vintage armor wasn’t used to traipse through the Siberian woods in search of a bear, but rather it was worn when a bear hunter was seeding the area for bears so to speak. According to a commenter on the Foundation of the American Institute for Conservation message board:

Have you ever used one of these to bear bait? Or do you know anyone who has? Let us know because this suit is nuts.
Huh…… my wife used to wear one just like that!

There was no bear. He accidentally shot himself and was too embarrassed so he fabricated the grizzly bear story.
I don't even think it was an accident. I think he shot himself on purpose so he could make up a story about how he fended off a bear so people would think he was brave and really macho.

I dunno much about grizzly habits- I was unaware they "denned" in the fall (before winter hibernation).
Different bears den at different times for sure. Just saw brown bear tracks here yesterday and we are already in month two of winter.

If given the choice I'd rather shoot my leg than have a bear chomp on it. At least a bullet won't swallow it.

Different bears den at different times for sure. Just saw brown bear tracks here yesterday and we are already in month two of winter.
Shows what I know! Just read that Wyo black bears typically den in Oct, Grizz in Nov.

Tis the season. Horn hunters have been out and bears are on the move. Any predictions when something happens?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom