Another elk tag returned....

antlerrick

Very Active Member
Guess we will be returning another LE elk permit to the DWR as my dad in law is loosing his fight with cancer.
We had to return his Late Monroe elk permit last year, and will be sending back his Early Fishlake tag after he leaves us here in a few days.
If any of you here at MM's happen to get the call from the DWR, please take the tag and use it keeping him in the back of your mind.

He would be very happy to know he has made someone else's dream come true!!!
Rick

Man Rick, that sucks!!! I'm sorry to hear that. Damn cancer is horrible. Wish he could make that hunt.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Sorry to hear about your famlies bad news. I hope that you have plenty of hunting memories from when he was well.

Rick...you guys are in our prayers!!!

This is one of those times that I think that a tag should be able to be transferred!!!! I know that it is hard because some people will take advantage of things like that....but in a case like this then HE should be able to say who gets to take that tag and gets to experience the hunt as he passes from this life. I think it is HIS right...and would be the right thing to do!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-09 AT 07:15PM (MST)[p]Rick,

Sorry to hear that. I know you wanted to get out with him before this happened. Tell Bev she has our sympathy.

Go kill one for him Rick! Good luck with your tag later on!

BTW, that is just damn decent to let someone else have the chance to get out.

Rick,
You and your family will be in our prayers.

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed taters and gravy.

Antlerlick, sorry to hear that. I am going through something similiar myself. I feel for you.

Simply speechless! My prayers will be with you guys.

4a1df3ee0ef8dc53.jpg

Sorry about the horrible news Rick wishing your Wife and family the best at such a very sad time.

Another reply to say SORRY about your trying times. Lost a mother-in-law to cancer and know how bad it is to family/you. My honest feeling are with you.

Rick,

Sorry to hear the bad news. I am sure we have all been touched by Cancer. It is a horrible thing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep your chin up my friend. He will soon be relieved of that horrible disease and in a better place!

Oh no Rickster, i am SOOO sorry to hear this bad news!

You KNOW your welcome to come down on the Dutton with my crew if your eyes get itching to see a big bull and you just need to get out and breath a little mountain air.

My sincere condolences to you and your family.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Cancer is just plain evil.. I'm so sorry to hear about this Rick. Thaanks for thinking of someone else by turning the tag in. It would have been very easy to forget about the tag and let it just sit.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Thanks guys..the waiting is over..he left us about an hour ago and I couldn't be happier for him... Now he will be with me on my hunt and will be my "trigger man"...He was with me when I took my first trophy elk and we packed that thing out piece by piece on our backs.

Slam, maybe I will join you guys for a couple of days. This will free up the early rifle hunt and I would enjoy helping you guys out....
thanks everyone for being there for us...
Gotta run...
rick

Rick,
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We went through the same thing five years ago with my father in law. Thats a battle you hate to see anyone go through. God bless.

WAY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THIS RICK. GIVE THEM ARE BEST I KNOW HE IS IN A BETTER PLACE. I KNOW HE WILL BE THERE THIS FALL WITH YOU GUYS. IF THERE IS ANYTHING WE CAN DO LET US KNOW!

BUGLEMN

Thats said to hear . Our prayers are with you and your family !
I was hoping he would make it threw another season to enjoy the hunt with his family .
God bless John

Sounds like you two made many great memoies over the years. I'm sure I can't even fully understand your loss. I killed my first bull with my father in law too, very cherished memories. You'll see him again someday.

Sorry to hear about your father in law. I hope you have a wealth of good hunt memories with him to carry you through the tough times.

Rick,

Sorry to hear he passed. It is never easy. I am glad he is out of pain though. I sure hope someone here gets the tag he had and we can see how they do. I hope you and Bev are doing okay considering the loss.

You and your wife are good people and I hate to see bad things happen to good people.

Rick, Tell Bev our prayers are with you guys, We'll go get one for your dad-in-law in November....I'm sure he'll be with us...

Talk to you soon,

Later, Layne T.

Rick,

Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I am sure you will have some special help on your hunt.

God Bless!

-Mtngoat

4a959c071fe51431.jpg

Antlerrick,

I don't know you, but I know your posts well. This one was one I would have rather not read. Godspeed to your father-in-law and good luck on your hunt.

Lost my father to cancer 3 years ago a week before my archery bear hunt in Saskatchewan. I thought it would be lonely in the woods that week but it was the complete oposite. I really felt him during the hunt. Killed a nice bear and cryed afterwards. Prayers are with you and the family.

Rick

Sorry to hear of your loss. I think we all know something of how you feel. I lost my father to cancer 5 years ago. After being diagnossed in January he told me he wanted to hike into his favorite lake in the Uintah's just one more time. He didn't make it. We go up to that lake every summer and each time we do, we feel his presence there! Find that special place to honor your father-in-law, it helps!

Smokepole

Thanks to all for the kind words. You don't know what a few kind words can do to heal a broken heart.
It is so neat to see the support here from guys and gals that you only know as a "name" here on the internet.
I have made and met so many new friends here and hope to meet many more of you. It is amazing how much you have in common with some of the people you meet.
It is very comforting to see the support when someone else has family sickness or problems, but when it hits home and you are on the other side of the coin, the comfort comes in 10 fold..
I truly appreciate the thoughts and pray that someday we can find a cure for this ugly form of death and disease..
Rick

Rick,

I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I'm sure with all the MM's on here, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Robbie

I don't know you,but just would like to send my sympathy to you and your family.I just lost my fater in law to cancer a month ago.It was very hard to watch the last weeks of what cancer can do to a man.All we can pray for is that they are in a better place.In your case I am sure your father in law started his Trophy Elk hunt early and when you meet again you will get to hear the story!!

God Bless You and your family

Rick,
He's gonna be right there with you when you pound that toad here in a a few weeks. You know, the one that's just a hair bigger than the girl's bulls.
See ya in a little while mi amigo!!
Steve

Now I have the opening of the early rifle hunt free, I'm going to have to try and get down to see you guys and maybe glass up a bull or two..

You wouldn't believe the hoops you have to jump thru to return a tag.... Hope I can get it done before the hunt arrives?

I'm bumbed dude! I was hoping to be looking at some pictures at the Richfield Expo next winter! I'm sure we will still have plenty to talk about. I do know that there are a couple of ribeyes waiting to be tackled! Stay strong my friend!

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

really sorry to hear that. Been there myself and worried about it for a few years but all is well for now. It sucks to have waited so long for a tag just to run out of time on everything else. My thoughts will be on him this year even though his tag is not in my hands.
Hope the family copes well
Pat

wow i am sorry this really hit me hard!this has got me all choked up, as a cancer survivor i know the pain of that nasty disease no one should have to go through it! i wouldnt wish it upon my worst enemy!glad he doesnt have to feel that pain any longer!
i hope that tag holder appreciates the tag and makes the most of it

Awww Rick...I'm so sorry. You and your wife have my deepest sympathies. That whole "dad dying in the hospital" nightmare is still so fresh on my mind. I'm so sorry you guys had to go through it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom