Another Forecast for Wy Jackson Region

quest

Very Active Member
Jackson region

Antelope

The northern subunit of the Sublette Antelope Herd in the Jackson area will have good hunter success. The Hoback area has seen an increase in antelope during the past three to four years. However, the majority of the hunting opportunities are on private lands in the Boundurant area.

Mule deer

A few more days of antlered-only deer hunting will be offered throughout the Wyoming Range deer herd and there should be some exceptional bucks.

Population of the Targhee deer herd is limited by winter range and habitat loss from agricultural and residential developments. For the 2010 season, any-deer hunting on a general license will be offered in September and antlered-only hunting through Oct. 10.

Elk

Because of several years of sustained population growth, liberal seasons are planned for the Fall Creek elk herd.

In Area 90, liberal seasons into November and increased limited quota cow or calf tags are again being proposed to address increasing elk numbers in the Upper Greys River.

The Jackson Herd should be reduced by 600 animals and resident and migratory elk from Yellowstone National Park, the Teton Wilderness and the Gros Ventre drainage are at or below objective.

Conservative hunting seasons are proposed for Areas 70, 71, 79 and 81-83. On the other hand, hunters in Areas 75, 77, 78 and 80 will have liberal seasons.

Moose

Conservative hunting seasons continue for the Targhee moose herd. Antlerless tags were eliminated in the Jackson herd.

Opportunity to harvest a trophy class Shiras moose in the Sublette herd has increased in Areas 10 and 21. In Areas 10, 20, 21 and 23 average antler spread continues to approach 40 inches.

Bighorn sheep

The 2010 hunting season will likely see an improvement in the number of 5- and 6-year-old rams approaching three quarter curl size in the Jackson herd. In 2010, an increase of four licenses is proposed.

There will be sheep hunting opportunities for the Targhee herd as well as the Darby Mountain herd.

Weather wise it looks like it going to freeze up there on Friday so up high it has to be getting frosty already.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I'll be in the area on Sunday at the latest. Got a goat and deer tag. I'm rather excited to see what the season brings.

For awhile the forecast was showing rain during the opening but it has since changed to sunshine. I was hoping for the rain/snow.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom