Another great bird down!!!

JR

Nothing better than gun in hand, decoys and calls and a beautiful day to be in the woods chasing thunderchickens ??, after a pretty quiet morning sit, I ventured out after some distant gobbles..I didn't go too far before I was smack dab in the middle of 4 hens and 3 gobblers working thier way up a small valley.. long story short, I managed to get in-between the hens and Tom's with out spooking them and enticed this bruiser to get within gun range....11 inch beard, beautiful fan and decent spurs..for the rest of the birds great features he was a bit short on spurs ( just a hair short of 1 inch )but I'll take him non the less????
IMG_20210402_104949_915.jpg

IMG_20210402_104949_936.jpg

IMG_20210402_104949_960.jpg

Nice JR!

Been calling them in for others so far for the most part (took heavy 3yr old myself opening afternoon in a “secret” public spot ?). 5 days in field, strutters in the Dave Smiths each time, 4 long beards down (youth missed a pair of strutters in dekes). Here’s a nice 3yr old I called in for dad during afternoon hunt couple days ago (I passed on his twin—didn’t want to be down to one bird in less than a week ?)

71DE2CEC-9237-45AE-988D-8A0716F10AC3.jpeg

Nice JR!

Been calling them in for others so far for the most part (took heavy 3yr old myself opening afternoon in a “secret” public spot ?). 5 days in field, strutters in the Dave Smiths each time, 4 long beards down (youth missed a pair of strutters in dekes). Here’s a nice 3yr old I called in for dad during afternoon hunt couple days ago (I passed on his twin—didn’t want to be down to one bird in less than a week ?)

View attachment 36351
Awesome job, and I agree, I need to slow down a bit so I can enjoy more of the later spring calling when they really get love sick searching for hens...

Yeah....you could say it is pretty fun ?

And provides another opportunity to see cool behaviors—this is one annoyed hen

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom