Another Mentor question

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
If i buy my daughter a youth left over archery tag for deer and she doesn't harvest a buck during that season. Can I then mentor her with my rifle tag in the fall. Buying a left over tag you do not lose your points. So is this the same as not drawing a tag ,right?

Good question, A few years ago, I mentored my son on a limited entry archery elk tag. We killed. I called and they said he could still buy a spike tag. I questioned if this was right, but that is what I was told. My daughter has a muzz tag this year, and I have a dedicated hunter tag. If she does not kill, I would like to know if I can mentor her during the rifle portion of my dedicated hunter.

You Boys Call the Right DWR Employee & You're Good to go!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

> You Boys Call the
>Right DWR Employee & You're
>Good to go!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>I know so many people in
>so many places
>They make allot of money but
>they got sad faces
>
>It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Yes but you have to wait until the day of the hunt. ?

LAST EDITED ON Jun-17-19 AT 05:13PM (MST)[p]As long as both of you meet the other requirements, yes, you can mentor her with ANY of your big game tags, regardless of what tags she may have or what big game animals she may harvest!

Per the DWR website: "Although youth are limited to one mentored hunt of the same species and sex per year, they may also hunt on any permits they personally draw". (or buy)

Of course, you're only allowed to kill one animal per tag, so if you've got a DH tag and kill a buck during the archery or muzzy season, you CANNOT mentor her during the rifle season.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom