Another Muzzy Whitetail Down

Stillwater165

Very Active Member
Well we finally got what we needed to get the late season game at its best ! Yesterday we got hammered with snow , little bit of wind , sleet , freezing rain , the whole she bang !!! This morning we woke up to temps in the 10 below range but calm and partly cloudy .... perfect weather ! We didn’t hunt this morning but mid afternoon we got after it. To my surprise the deer started coming out much later than I though but non the less once they started they didn’t stop ! The bucks we usually see were nowhere to be found tonight so we came back close to home to watch a cut cornfield. We literally had 2 minutes of legal time left when a decent buck came out but he came fast , and our way. I then realized the shooting sticks were still in the truck ( wooops ) so I told him to get down on one knee. My new Paramount is kinda heavy so I was a little worried ! The buck ended up at 60 yards , figured it out and turned on a dime and was running straight away ! I told him to shoot him ......... Texas heart shot style and he piled him up ! He’s old enough now I figured it was time he learned a trick they don’t teach in hunters safety school hahahahaha !!!
701F70C3-D29B-47EE-A043-1EAFB8181275.jpeg

He’s pretty happy with him ! Had kind of a tough go this season , covid took him out of the heat of the rut bow season , had a miss youth season on a good one and passed on 21 different young muley bucks during our muzzleloader hunt !
E9F95DA3-2DC9-4F84-9D1C-9B43431F4B11.jpeg

10 below? o_O That's not many degrees!!! Actually, that's NO degrees!!

Congrats to the young man for one, hunting when the weather is less than comfortable, and two, for taking a nice buck!

Very nice buck. Congrats young man. Love to see Dad’s making sure their sons learning the life style. Great memories to share.

Last edited:
Awesome. way to get the boys out and teach them some good old hunting. Great freezer neat there to boot. Great memories made there. Thanks for sharing

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Whitetail Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Whitetail Pros Guide Service

Southern Iowa and Missouri Private Land Whitetail Hunts. Rifle, Archery, Muzzleloader.

Antler Creek Whitetails

Archery hunt in Northeast Kansas. Rut and pre-rut, hunting from treestands and blinds.

Back
Top Bottom