Another One Bites the Dust - WY Antelope

Blank

Long Time Member
Snuck over for a day hunt at Pinedale area. The last storm got them bunched to migrate, and tonight and tomorrow is supposed to snow again. Sayonara antelope. Across the Green, and heading for the desert!! Saw 300-400 does, and passed 52 bucks before taking this guy. Had nice hooks and good prongs, plus had a bad limp. Perfect candidate. 434 yards with the 7 rem mag and 160 gr Barnes TSX, and I got the 40 year old Dr. Death hat in the pics for my son!!!!.

25682499-CD6F-4F29-A2DA-9F5CFD8E38D9_1_201_a.jpeg

513D6D55-1AE6-4F6B-B437-E777228A8CEF_1_201_a.jpeg

Injury to a rear leg, down by the knee. Appeared natural, and not a bullet wound. No problem with the meat, so was fairly fresh.

Great pics and a nice buck! Hope to see some pics of your annual trek to Dubois later this fall.

dwalton: Have 3 WT tags this year in 128, talked to Rene at the Stagecoach and got my room reserved. Will be over the 31st thru 2nd or 3rd, and hoping for some good deer pics!!! I have a big gap in November, so can go back as much as I'd like.

Blank,
We have 3 whitetail buck tags (daughter, son & me), so we will be there at some point chasing them around. November in Dubois is a special time!

LBH: While I love all wild game, and especially coming up with new recipes for it, I have a hard time keeping the kids and grandkids in meat!! They all started out in Hunter Safety, and tagging along with the wife and I, but somehow grew into other sports. To each their own, and I do not judge.

They all love eating it, and acknowledge the beneficial aspects of it, but REALLY like it when Papa provides it for free (especially jerky and pepperoni). I have a close friend in his 80's who can no longer get out to hunt, but loves antelope. I try to give him one every year or two and it is the highlight of his Fall!!!

Well done Mr. Blank
That’s a damn fine “taker” for sure!
Thanks for the pics

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom